I was just wanting to get some advice on Intergalactic Research Network

Who has them? And what levels do you have? I saw Llama had level 3 :o

To be honest I dont have one ;)

I was jsut wondering what exactly they do and what are the advantages of increasing the level?

Does it just reduce the time taken to do the research abit like Robo?

Cheers Aurora :bomb:

Guest gogoblender

hey Aurora!

k2k explained how it works just a few days ago

let's say you have igrn 2

what it does it add up your two highest levels of research plants on whichever planets then apply them to whatever research you're doin

hope this helps

Cheers!

;)

gogo

I also have IRN 3 :)

I'll add up on gogo's info

no IRN = 1 planet researching

IRN 1 = 2 planets researching

IRN 2 = 3 planets researching

IRN 3 = 4 planets researching

For example you're researching Shielding Tech and you have IRN 3 and have 4 planets with at least Research Lab 6 (Tech Tree requirement) then all 4 planets would research it at the same time however if only 3 planets have Research Lab 6 then research time would be slower.

I also noticed that researching a tech with you're planet with the highest Research Lab level would also result to faster research time. For example one planet has Research Lab 10 and the other has Research Lab 12 then it would be a better idea to research the particular tech on the planet with Research Lab 12.

I hope the info above helps. :(

Guest gogoblender

ha, I actually got my numbers a touch fuddled up there.

Thanks for the correcction jun

Your post is first class.

Actually, I think I'm gonna move this over to the reference section for guest to see as well?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

Ah thanks guys :)

That clears it up a lot...I think I might invest in an IRN, ASAP...I really need to get my levels up, it just takes so long..... :yawn[1]:

Guest gogoblender

It is hugely expensive and I've only got level one but I need to up it again soon OR raise my two highest levels of research labs just to profit of the investment I have put into this thing.

Gak

Research is takin days now per upgrade and I even imagine there will come a time when it could be months!

;)

gogo

It's a fickle pickle, the IRN is so expensive...and the research itself takes like 4 days. It becomes a necessity I think, unless you don't mind waiting a LONG time for things. I have a level 2 IRN, and my labs arent great but weapon tech 13 still takes about 6.75 days. I'm sure(in regards to time) it all balances out. can you imagine the really huge guys pumping out a new research day after day? They'd be unstoppable.

The way I look at it, if upgrading a Research Lab (or two) is cheaper, go for that, if researching a new level of IRN is cheaper, do that, then build a nice new Lab (up to level ~10 or so).

Guest gogoblender

good point llama

I'm just thinkin of stickin with my first level igrn fer a while and just bring up my two highest level research labs

plus...

I'm gonna need a high one fer graviton...

if ever

gogo

good point llama

I'm just thinkin of stickin with my first level igrn fer a while and just bring up my two highest level research labs

plus...

I'm gonna need a high one fer graviton...

if ever

gogo

oops you're forgetting something gogo!! graviton has no research time. once you reach an energy level of 300k you just click the graviton button then you have it :)

Yeah, as cyclops said, it's the energy requirement of Grav1 that's the issue (oh, and you'll have to have a Research Lab 12 at that planet), not the research time.

Guest gogoblender

wow!

hey that's not so hard as I thought!

wow, so I guess the build time fer the sats is what it's all about...wicked!

:yay9ux[1]:

gogo