Demigod by GasPowered Games

DemiGod is coming...

multiplayer gaming whilst in the seat of a walking fortress with all of your minions running about below you scurrying like ants all doing your bidding. Explosive rockets, magic and thunderous concatenations are promised as this games comes closer to release date.

You can read 1up's story here or... just drool at the pix

Demigod Revealed

First ever look at the new game from Chris Taylor's Gas Powered Games!

By GFW Staff, 01/03/2008

Chris Taylor's Gas Powered Games is best known for its RTS Supreme Commander and its action-RPG series Dungeon Siege -- so maybe it's just the natural course of evolution that the developer's newest game, Demigod, should borrow a bunch from both of those genres: It's an action/RPG/RTS hybrid, inspired partly by the popular WarCraft III mod Defense of the Ancients.

For those who've never tried DotA, it concentrates on two teams trying to destroy each others' bases; though rather than managing all the units or gathering resources as in a regular RTS, players each control a single Hero unit with different powers, leveling up by killing A.I. enemies around the map.

In Demigod, you control one of many "demigod" heroes -- some of which survive solely on the strength of their own powers, others of which thrive on building smaller units and structures of their own for support. The guy on the left in the screenshot below is one such hero, "The Rook," a former king whose spirit now animates an anthropomorphic castle. Demigod is, as you'd expect, a multiplayer game at heart, with an emphasis on co-op play. There's a single-player mode, too, though Gas Powered Games says it will serve mainly as a "training ground" for the multiplayer.

...read more here

demigod4.jpg

demigod3.jpg

demigod2.jpg

demigod.jpg

:P

gogo

It apparently takes quite the engine to handle varying sizes of monsters... imagine actually being in a game that has moving fortress mountains...things that tower over you while your minions are scurrying about. Maybe I won't buy it, but...I'd definitely like to at least try a demo out to see what that feels like.

Good call DaveO on it's similarity to Black and White...I'd forgotten about that ^^

:woot:

gogo

Still haven't found a trailer yet... And that Shadow of the Colossus game was what I was thinking a lot about too 501105 when I first heard about this game. I used to drool at trailers of that game, but I'd heard that climbing the statue was all the game was about.

:wow:

gogo

• 1 year later...

I recently had the opportunity to play DemiGod. It was pretty amazing! Wow.

Me like. Me like very much!

I (as a n00b) was allowed to play Regulus, the archer. Regulus is normally banned 'cause he is a ranged killer who can outdo any of the other classes.

If played correctly. As I was learning as I went, (real time), I bungled running him. With a bit of help from DemiGod DB and the official site I learned

what I was missing.

I'm going to have to pick this one up. Wow.

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Heya,

I remember having seen something about this game that left me unimpressed.... very few areas ? variety?

I'm sorry I can't provide you with details why I already decided not to give this one a go...

Greetz