masteff's application to join

Hello all,

So this is my application to play Sacred as a member of FDM. Knuckles and I are applying on the same day as we've been playing together for roughly a year and a half and decided to make this transition together. As many of you know, Knuckles and I have played under the tag MC, which started from a personal joke of Knuckles and was later declared to stand for Misguided Companions. We really were just a group that played at the same time and were more of a club than what I would consider a clan (heck, rule one was there are no rules). Anyway, as Sacred 2 is approaching, we've stopped to assess where we're at and decided that the days of MC had passed. We then surveyed the landscape and thought of the people we know in Dark and looked at the Dark forum and the SacredWiki and, well, we like what we see.

My personal hope is to find a great group of people to hang with when playing and to find a place where people like to explore the game and share what they learn with others. FDM's sponsorship and commitment to SacredWiki really tells the overall Sacred community that this is a group that wants to share their knowledge. And the absence of the rigid rules and heirarchy present in some other clans was a big factor, showing me that FDM is about the group and about playing the game (and not about someone's power trip).

What do I have to offer FDM? Well, that's fair to ask. I have hundreds of hours of Sacred game time, both SP and MP. I started with the very original unpatched version and have been thru them all. I took a short break after Plus and then came back when Underworld was released. That's when I first started posting on the SIF and ventured into the MP world. I played softcore at first but, due to the many great HC players on the SIF, I moved there and haven't looked back. I'm currently in the top 10 posters on the SIF with over 1,100 posts. All of which is knowledge of and experience with the game that I hope to bring to FDM.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application.

Sincerely,

Mike aka masteff

Edited by masteff

Very nicely written application masteff. Thank you very much for taking the time.

I think it's great that you want to join in with the gang here in the D.a.r.k. I've known and read you for quite a while now and have no doubt of your abilities on technical matters. I'm sure of the many things that you will bring it will be some clarity to technical problems that make some of our heads spin, haha. Of course there is nothing more we would have applicants offer than of their laughter and good times.

Once again great to see you here masteff! Your application has been opened for one week discussion at the end of which we'll PM you.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, there's no official meaning for it Masteff. It sort of stemmed from a discussion (argument? :D) that me and Indy were having on what to name the new clan for four of us that were with Dagirl's clan called DaGang when she had her old forum called Dagirl's World. In those days there were just the four, Indy, Jun, Crunchie and me, we had no forum then and were all playing Ogame while only talking to each other internally using the game's messaging.

A day later, I opened up the forum at InvisionFree, and then when Brad got here, Bango, the graphics came on....and we just grew and grew. When we were looking for a name, Indy (Who's a huge metal head :bump:) wanted to name it dark something...I forget now...some metal band...but I wanted to name it the Great Canadian Cheese Factory.

And we argued and argued...and finally we settled for a compromise.... D.a.r.k

Course we never knew what it meant...but then again, noone knows where Pi goes either huh ^^

Sometimes during moments of reverie I can think it means Dagirl's Allied Renegade Knights...

Hope you enjoyed the story and origin and continuing mystery of the Acronym.

:)

gogo

Deez Abbreviations Raisz Konfusion ghehe

Sorry I missed your thread masteff, good to see you here! :bump:

these are good gogo! consider using them :D

and good luck masteff! bet you're soon in!