Motorized Madness

bhj

Wow! :) Talk about a coolant system. Every boy's dream case, lol. I wonder if it has some sort of security system. You know... Like maybe it would transform into this when someone tries to play one of your video games without permission. :)

yeah this tower is just insane Love it :D

BTW do we have any case-modders here at darkmatters ?

Don't think we do actually. There are a few tech heads here but that's about it :hugs:

Although I did make a new airduct inside my case just yesterday :) but I don't consider that modding...

More like... Fixing... Since I broke the old one! :viking:

Made it from a left-over fan, a piece of plastic and duct tape. Doesn't even look as bad as it sounds :P

Edited by Timotheus

Ive always wanted to! Just haven't had a good enough computer to inspire me to! LOL and I have too many ideas to pick a direction yet... Mostly I'm still stuck on blue leds :D LOTS of blue leds!

• 3 years later...

The round cylinder is probably a crossflow fan to cool the water.

200px-Tangential-flow-coloured-labels.png

How is it in your countries: a law here forbids to cut holes in cases or if you do you have to do an expensive test how many radio waves the computer emits.

For example analog Matrox cards were known decades ago for their sharp pictures. But in germany the 'same' cards weren't so good. Because of the radio wave law matrox did a 'dirty solution': they just added a high pass filter to the output and the fine rectangle signals got lower flanks by robbing the high frequency waves. So first I did (living on a farm that time) removing this filter, their were no close neighbours who perhaps got nasty signals to their radio or tv receivers.

Gibbsphenomenon

285px-Gibbs_phenomenon_50.svg.png285px-Gibbs_phenomenon_10.svg.png

Some people who were running computers with open cases got nasty surprises when suddenly police and an engineer ringed claiming that radio 'broadcast' was emitted from their appartment.

Following my daughter the best 'case modding' I ever did was 'carving' the head of her dog with a CAD system on her notebook and painting her notebook pink. Suddenly no boy was using her notebook for games and internet anymore.

My own computer, which I use for bureau work, is a tiny barebone with 38 watt. I have a 24 inch monitor with a grip and the barebone and a keyboard can be easily attached to the back with velcro tape. So it is kinda a portable computer but no notebook. I have a digital photo frame which fits nice on the barebone and I can use it to be really portable, like mapping the trees in the forest: using GPS to have the position, then add the type of a tree, its estimated height, diametre, volume, age...

Back at Unimog I have the big monitor and shortwave internet. So its my own solution for my special needs, but no case modding.

Edited by chattius

Following my daughter the best 'case modding' I ever did was 'carving' the head of her dog with a CAD system on her notebook and painting her notebook pink. Suddenly no boy was using her notebook for games and internet anymore.

lol! Chattius, surely there must be a pic of this ^^

:)

gogo

@chattius da.. you guys have some strange laws almost like the us :tongue:

looks like theres a water tank in there (and the hole thing looks like a turbine)

100_3896.jpg

radiator

100_2644.jpg

with 2x 120 behind it

100_2612.jpg

with blue lights :heart:

100_3927.jpg