Ikariam Game

was it only a display bug or an actual resource bug?

Both, but again I'm not certain it applies to everyone. Wood is not affected, that much I know.

Anyway, I hate that because of the ship bug I can't get into v-mode.

Oh and apparently the corruption will increase to the bracketed value. It is simply too much... not even worth playing by then IMO.

I find their tones arrogant and rude too. I copied these from the changelog.

Feature - Introduction of action points:

So there is no reason to complain, If you played OGame, that game has a similar system of points for sending fleets. and it has over 2 milion users.

Feature - Buying research with crystals:

This is introduced because of the too quick progress of the game, it has been planned for you to play a little longer than 2-3 months before you get bored and nothing new to do.

Just how is Ikariam's action points similar to Ogame? In Ogame, fleet slots are collective and usable for all colonies, and you get more by research. Besides, the amount of users has little to do with the merit of any particular feature to start with.

It is also hilarious that they planned their game to be boring within 3 months, what kind of attitude is that? :blink:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally I have a 4th colony!! I must upgrade it fast because of the 7% corruption I will suffer on my 3 other colonies.

Congrats! So does that mean you've got 5 towns now? Eeep! How large was your Warehouse on your main?

finally I have a 4th colony!! I must upgrade it fast because of the 7% corruption I will suffer on my 3 other colonies.

Congrats! So does that mean you've got 5 towns now? Eeep! How large was your Warehouse on your main?

yes I have 5 towns already with a level 16 warehouse on my main

Oh I just hate it when folks offering less than a ship load of resources, I have whole screen of sellers like those. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I found it very difficult to prepare for palace 4, my populations keep capping on me and I end up investing on town hall, tavern, and museum. Even then, there are still long periods of capped population.

So I'm curious about everyone's population, am I doing something wrong?

1st: 1352

2nd: 1400

3rd: 1337

4th: 1142

Its interesting how my second colony end up ahead eh? I think the reason is marble, marble island is really good on the growth when it has enough wine. Shipping marbles must have slowed down my main's growth.

My populations are:

Main : 1301

Colony 1 : 1251

Colony 2 : 1251

Colony 3 : 1251

Colony 4 : 722

What your doing wrong is that you keep trying to avoid capping your population. If you keep on doing that then it would be very hard for you to save for a level 4 palace. Raiding doesn't give much resources unless you get lucky so saving is the key. Btw I would not invest much in museums because you can only have so much friend in game. I have 2 wine colonies so am investing in taverns.

I do upgrade my tavern, but when it gets more costly than museum might as well upgrade it. The satisfaction from the building level might be low, but they will always be there.

Anyway, got my warehouse level. But man I have a hard time resisting the urge to upgrade my buildings. :)

woah, took me three days to send all the resources for palace four. :)

They still didn't give my bugged ships back, "bugs" me tremendously. I need those ships! I want my v-mode!

Anyway, do you think it is wise to endure corruption and build the colony right away, or better off when I update all gov residence?

What's your experience with that cyc?

ps. I'm bored senseless... and my island mines are not growing. The defense bonus of the wall is too huge don't you think? It costs me too much to attack the leeches on my island. Sad... but still here.

My corruption is currently 0%-1% so income lost is actually quite low but I will level all of my palace to level 4 because corruption levels are being increased regularly by the game developers. Actually on April 28 the corruption is going to be set at 20% so potential income lost is significant. My now saving for my 3rd level 4 palace.

Yes the game is quite boring but since I have nothing else to do am bearing with it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Oh I just hate it when folks offering less than a ship load of resources, I have whole screen of sellers like those. :)

Anyway, I found it very difficult to prepare for palace 4, my populations keep capping on me and I end up investing on town hall, tavern, and museum. Even then, there are still long periods of capped population.

So I'm curious about everyone's population, am I doing something wrong?

1st: 1352

2nd: 1400

3rd: 1337

4th: 1142

Its interesting how my second colony end up ahead eh? I think the reason is marble, marble island is really good on the growth when it has enough wine. Shipping marbles must have slowed down my main's growth.

same here....my towns have been stagnant for some time....mostly have to produce lots of wine to keep citizens happy..

Me thinks (going by the dates of the last posts) that this game has fallen by the wayside.

It started out okay but very quickly got boring for a lot of us.

stubbs

Me thinks (going by the dates of the last posts) that this game has fallen by the wayside.

It started out okay but very quickly got boring for a lot of us.

stubbs

I totally agree! but the game is made for me since I am not glued to the computer to play games all the time lol