Sun glasses and multiple split in Sacred?

I'm wondering just how effective the the sun glasses are for increasing experience per kill. I had tried this out a little while ago with one other and it seemed to me that the experience gain wasn't all that bad. This was in a Silver server and it's left me wondering a couple things. Might sunglasses have a much more significant increase to experience in the higher lvls? And one other question is does the sun glass's experience bonus increase depending on the number of people wearing them? Very curious about all that. :Just_Cuz_21:

In addition to this and in regards to experience I've also been wondering about the possibility of getting a single enemy to split several times. It is understood that a single enemy will only split once. Is this the truth for everyone? I've tested this several times and sadly have only ever experienced a single split per enemy. Maybe there is still a way though? Something I haven't had the chance to try is having several players try to split an enemy at the same time. This would be done using say about 8-10% split per player and have them use a very weak area of effect CA on a single enemy.

The method to my madness is that if these two things prove positive then they could be applied to a party that power levels from the Sakara Demons nest in the VoT. The best experience per kill.

I'm wondering just how effective the the sun glasses are for increasing experience per kill.

it's decresing your experience you loose your chance to use sockets, you'll have less other stats etc. they suck. except for making screenshots of cool looking toons

Well I guess that is true in some cases but if a person has a very strong character then maybe the loss of a helmet wouldn't be much of a sacrifice. When I was testing it out I didn't suffer much loss to my characters defense or attacks so I'm thinking that if planned well the sun glasses might be very useful.

Thanx for that tip rotluchs. :Just_Cuz_21:

I have long heard rumors of experience gains if everyone in a party is wearing a pair of shades. In all of my Sacred playing, I have never had the chance to try this out.

Would love to, though.

That is reputed to be the case, Sil. We didn't verify it, but I wore them at a Kami once last year, and I think everyone got an xp boost. Great idea, Schot - if they stack you can really boost with a full party all wearing them. we need to try it out. Next time I'm in game, I will pick up a pair at the five and dime - hehe.

hmmm, this is interesting... couldn't we all note what level of experience boost was noted in our character sheet before we undertook putting them on?

Would the delta be recorded this way?

:)

gogo

I'm wondering just how effective the the sun glasses are for increasing experience per kill.

it's decresing your experience you loose your chance to use sockets, you'll have less other stats etc. they suck. except for making screenshots of cool looking toons

Well.. A long time ago, I translated a german guide about this.

It said that sunglasses give 7% bonus, thus a complete set gives 10% to experience. In any case a "statue" gives much more experience. A blue potion gives 50%.

At this link there is my translated version (in italian) directly from the german one : http://www.sacreditalia.it/public/pmwiki/p...ioInMultiplayer

At this link there is the german one : http://sacred.ingame.de/article.php?intID=...&intSite=11

In the SIF, there was also an english one, but for me, it's simply full of missunderstanding due to the google-translation path ^-^

you could try the built in log function(s)

as even one and the same monster type @ same level on same location can give slightly different experience each time, might be bit circuitous this way, noting experience for each monster kill..

maybe, if you can read that info out from the logs you can just kill hundreds of mobs as usual over a longer period of time,

you can notice the difference more easily..

btw, I still doubt you'll get more experience if wearing the glasses and in team..

first of, in team you get less experience than when soloing, only when a very high level toon plays with very low ones like a level 60 with level 2 ones, the high one even gets more experience.

then as mentioned, you loose the chance to socket experience or split or crit whatever in your helmet (3xdragonrings is already +69% experience more in niob.. and maybe, if you play a daemoness you may prefer pandoras helmet, comes with 2sockets and ~35%experience)

but feel free to test it out, might be interesting anyway to see some hard facts and a detailed experience listing after read out..

good luck with that one :)

edit:

it's the ExpLog.LOG file in sacred's root folder, looks like this:

ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1097]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
experience COMING REF[1] 4071EXPSET 4071  DONE
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1095]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1041]TYPE_NPC_MUMMY --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(8399)
experience COMING REF[1] 8399EXPSET 8399  DONE
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1052]TYPE_NPC_ORC_CHAMP --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(8805)
experience COMING REF[1] 8805EXPSET 8805  DONE
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1056]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1053]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(6604)
experience COMING REF[1] 6604EXPSET 6604  DONE
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1054]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1057]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1353]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1368]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1055]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)
ACTION_DAMAGE ref[1266]TYPE_NPC_SKELETON_WARRIOR --- Killer ref[1]TYPE_NPC_SERAPHIM PrimExp(4071)

log closed

Edited by Rotluchs

Awesome info guys. That is a tremendous help! :) Maybe we can give this a quick try during the Kamikaze. From my experience there must be at least 2 people wearing the sun glasses and be on screen together in order to receive the bonus experience.

I've also been wondering about the possibility of getting a single enemy to split several times.

Something I haven't had the chance to try is having several players try to split an enemy at the same time. This would be done using say about 8-10% split per player and have them use a very weak area of effect CA on a single enemy.

Schot - to best keep track of the original versus the split, try using low level ranged weapons. As you know, the split will appear next to the player. So if you and I stood a little apart and shot arrows at the same orc archer, we could tell if we both got splits. To maximize the probability of split, I'd have a high attack rating but a very low damage rating (like a level 20 toon using a level 5 bow).

And I concur w/ Sil about past discussions of having an entire party wearing sunglasses. Nightwolfe would be someone to query about as I seem to recall she was among those who've played w/ them. My recollection of the discussion was that if at least x number of people were partied and wearing shades then 1) there is a visible aura and 2) there is an experience boost. I don't remember if it can be a party of just one or two classes or if it's something silly like having one of each class. And I don't remember exactly how many must be in a party and wearing sunglasses before the effects occur.

I've found the same thing as you Knuckles. Masteff's mention of possibly needing each different class to wear sunglasses does sound intriguing. I could see Ascaron setting up something like that, heh. I'll add that experiment to the list. :) So far as I've seen the red halo will only come into play so long as the wearers are on screen together. Further more is that it seems a bit... Dare I say "bugged", haha. Sometimes the wearers need to take off and put back on the sun glasses while on screen together to get that red halo up and active.

As for the split thing I think that would have a very significant impact on leveling. It must be possible somehow! I like your idea of using arrows to test Masteff. I'll be sure to try that. I'm thinking also that maybe it's possible to "trick" an enemy into splitting multiple times using different players Area of Effect which I'll try as well. If 6 people were able to split a single enemy that could do wonders in the Sakara nest. Add the cool shades into the recipe and we got ourselves a nice party I think. :)

I'm sure I've seen it happen as well Erling. No proof of it yet though.. :viking: Haven't had a chance to test the splitting ideas yet.

I did manage to play around with the sunglasses and it seems as though when two players wear the sunglasses there is a 10% experience bonus. I tested on Golems which gave a consistent 30,000 experience without sunglasses and with sunglasses it was 33,000 experience. Next step is to test with 3 players.

cool, do you know if it is any effect if its the same char types? do the users have to be in party:) if they dont imagene 16 chars 2 of each type all using sunglasses in one screen.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :drinks::4rofl:

One thing to remember in your XP gain quest:

Proximity of party members increases the xp on its own.

Don't forget in your tests to test

1) no party

2) party of 2, but not near

3) party of 2, near (on same screen at 2nd view setting)

4) sunglasses, no party

5) sunglasses, party of 2, but not near

6) sunglasses, party of 2, and near.

From these 6 states you should be able to tell what is going on...

Then, you need to add

7) sunglasses, party of 3, far

8) sunglasses, party of 3, same screen

Without all of these states covered you can't tell what each variable in the forumla is doing.

And just to make it more confusing... need to do each test w/ the same number of players in the server, so the experience change from server population doesn't alter the results.

• 4 weeks later...

I got some official information about the sunglasses some time ago.

I don't remember the exact experience boost. It was 5% or 15% per party member. But the effect only appears if all party members are in the range of the light radius of each others chars.

This information cames directly to me from a developer. But sacred have some nasty bugs deep inside the balancing system, so calculations in the game could be wrong in much circumstances.

Edited by Thorium

Oh nice Thorium! Juicy insider info. Thanks! That makes quite a bit of sense what you say about light radius. When I was testing this I noticed that I was able to walk a long distance away from player two and it just so happened that my player two was a wood elf. Wood elves typically have a lot of light radius is I'm not mistaken. I'll have to check and see what hers is. The test I did used two of my own characters using two different computers so I'll definitely try it again. This time checking both characters light radius'. They're both Plat/Niob characters so if need be it should be easy to increase both their light radius' much higher and see what happens. I'm guessing that light radius is much the same as far sight in terms of distance determined by the numerical value. If so this should be quite interesting... 15% per player. Hmmm... Could be very nice. :yay:

• 3 years later...

if anyone is still reading this thred, and hasn't figured it out yet, you can get a enemy to split more than once, but only one at a time.

the trick is to hit the main one till it splits, then kill the split while the main heals some, then go back to hitting the main untill it splits again, kill the split, ect, ect, ad nausium.......I've gotten up to 5 splits out of a goblin shaman before it died :viking:

Edited by randdaman