Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2021 - New Year 2022 ... stay strong and safe!!

• The title was changed to Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2021 - The Holiday Seraphim is here! (Snowflakes :D)

Modern Times: The closest house to us is owned by a sort of dutch earl with 350+ millions of Euro. So when searching for a x-mas gift my wife said a selfmade one because he has all the newest stuff. So I was overlooking the work of the twins (He is their god father) in building a 'nest box' with the scroll saw, our third was training her 3D-printer skills for the deer head and me as a trained and very skilled firefighter did the final burning. Burning the wood for a better look, and 'burning' my special fruit wine into fruit brandy for the filling. As an alternative I considered Jägermeister, but my selfmade is -hmmm- special.

Nistkasten1.JPG

Nistkasten2.JPG

• Respect! 1
15 hours ago, chattius said:

Just in time: Decembre 5th evening we place boots before the door and the next morning at Sankt Nikolaus Tag they are magically filled with sweets. This is where Santa Claus has its origin.

The person who did one of the first X-mas trees in america at Wooster / Ohio was born near my parents house at Wetzlar,

My favourite pre X-Mas song is 'Leise rieselt der Schnee'. Probably because today is such a day: Snowing, sitting under the roof of the veranda with a guitar, watching the forest with its ponds and singing with the kids while eating Stockbrot (bread wrapped around a pole and hold into a fire = campfire bread?)

Leise rieselt der Schnee

The snow falls quietly,/Silent and still lies the lake,/Christmas shines over the woods./Rejoice, Christ child comes soon!

There is warmth in our hearts,/Free from sorrow and grief,/Worries in life disappear,/Rejoice, Christ child comes soon!

The child, divine and poor,/Makes the heart so warm,/Shine, you star above the forest,/Rejoice, Christ Child is coming soon!

Soon is Christmas night,/The choir of angels awake,/Listen how lovely it sounds:/Rejoice, Christ child comes soon!

That was the first true-feeling Christmas song I've heard this year, and its slow quality synched me into a lot of the songs I used to sing at church when I was a kid for Christmas years past... great nostalgia Chattius...any chance I could pick up some of those wonderful-sounding boots that fill up with chocolates ?

:gogo:

gogo

On 12/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, Schot said:

That time of year indeedy!  I'm getting my holiday spirit on with the start of this year's decorations on the forum.  Bizarrely enough, this is probably my most regular holiday tradition.  Decorating the DarkMatters forum.  Modern times huh!  :singsanta:

Very nice and relaxing Yuletide carol chattius.  

Nice work Schot! I dont think we've run this image with the snow flakes before, and the first time I saw it I drew in my breath... forum had a cool new sci fi feel to it, a pleasing surprise. Thanks for getting the time into getting our home  all ready for Christmas

:gogo:

gogo

Now we got some serious holiday spirit happening!  :D

Full disclosure, the Christmas theme has been resurrected using some serious arcane necromancy.  Since the original creator of the theme we bought from went bonkers last year, I decided to update the theme on my own to make it compatible with our forum software.   (She kinda ran away to elope and dumped all clients after taking money...)  That said!  There may be a few kinks in the works. 

Enjoy the music player and enjoy the xmas lights.  They're reeeaally expensive so be careful not to break any.  :wink:

• Haha 1
  • The title was changed to Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2021 - The Holiday Skin is here!
13 hours ago, Schot said:

...enjoy the xmas lights.  They're reeeaally expensive so be careful not to break any.  :wink:

You know that's the first thing I did and managed to scare the pants off myself... AGAIN :blush2:

Edited by Timotheus
32 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

You know that's the first thing I did and managed to scare the pants off myself... AGAIN :blush2:

Yeeks … lol schot … our Christmas gremlin… 

🙄

🤣

gogo

• The title was changed to Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2021 - Our Holiday Skin is Here!
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TornadoX1 said:

I will capture this topic for my greetings to all of you:

Happy Christmas to all and your family:singsanta:

PS: I hope all of you are healthy:agreed:

Happy Christmas TornadoX1... good seeing you back, welcome home friend!!

lights, food, camera.. Christmas!
:christmastree:

gogo

45 minutes ago, Dax said:

Merry christmas everybody!
Celebrate with family and friends, have a good time, be well and stay away
from cov19!

spicy noodles, cheese or chocolates Dax? Most certainly some love from friends or family... 

Have a beautiful and safe Christmas friend!

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2021 - Wishes, dreams and memories of Christmas!
56 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Happy holidays gang! I've been really busy between work and trying to spend some time with my family these days, but I hope everything is going great with all of you.

Happy Christmas Androdion!! We were away with family for a few days and just are coming back with one more night stay over here in Alexandria.. we had to cancel the first Christmas party because there was 13 people coming and it exceeded the provincial governments laws on gatherings… Lots of family politics unfortunately some angry hearts but hopefully everybody will bear out through these tough times at least we got to see some of the family out in Merrickville with the Nephew

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone celebrating their own way during these holidays XOXO stay safe!

71BE9A9F-05D6-44BB-AAA5-226DE28FCF4B.jpeg

1BD48EDD-46A6-4422-A355-922C42A93661.jpeg

Weather played crazy: ice rain. Our church is an old fortified one with high walls around and top of a hill. We were not able to make a safe way to it. So we emptied our firefighter hall which was big enough to place everyone one while keeping distance. We also tested everyone for covid. I filled the field kitchen with 'Spätzle Bolognese'. We brought the music instruments to the hall and then 17:31 it started:

car sliding on black ice in a trench

carbon monoxid alarm, the black ice blocked the rarely used chimney of a wood oven

tree breaking under the weight of black ice and blocking a main road

another car in a trench

person broke leg on black ice and ambulance couldn't reach him, so he was put on a sledge and let down the road with two ropes

again a car

Was busy whole night from 24th to 25th and slept till lunch. Family said it was a nice x-mas with whole village celebrating it. Whole with a few missing sadly :(

It is somehow strange that our 121 people village has volunteer firefighters and 3 of the 4 neighbour villages with 1500-2500 people each haven't. And none of the emergencies was in our village.

So I hope you had a happy x-mas.

And as usual, ever since the twins were born and share my birthday - mine is just a kiss from my wife in morning and another when cleaning up the kids birthdays.

• Like! 1

Prost Neujahr

A happy new year and remember starting good behaviour is way easier than stopping bad one.

Since selling firework was not allowed we did some Böllerschiessen with firefighters on a cental hilltop between villages. . We made the Handböller (hand mortars?) ourself last year because the 100+years old were hard to redesign for new laws because smaller calibre demanded.

The most often use is at the burial of a firefighter for last salute. But in the alpes they are used to drive bad spirits away and fired at x-mas, new year, eastern or just for fun. We traditional bundle our firetrucks from 3 departments on the central hill and do a new year party with families and friends and hope that no call emergency call arrives This year only closest family members after 3 immunisations and a test were allowed.

While night from 24th to 25th was very busy because of black ice, the new years night was without a single call. Hope it is so for the rest of the year.

logoboeller.jpg

On 12/27/2021 at 3:52 AM, chattius said:

Weather played crazy: ice rain. Our church is an old fortified one with high walls around and top of a hill. We were not able to make a safe way to it. So we emptied our firefighter hall which was big enough to place everyone one while keeping distance. We also tested everyone for covid. I filled the field kitchen with 'Spätzle Bolognese'. We brought the music instruments to the hall and then 17:31 it started:

car sliding on black ice in a trench

carbon monoxid alarm, the black ice blocked the rarely used chimney of a wood oven

tree breaking under the weight of black ice and blocking a main road

another car in a trench

person broke leg on black ice and ambulance couldn't reach him, so he was put on a sledge and let down the road with two ropes

again a car

Was busy whole night from 24th to 25th and slept till lunch. Family said it was a nice x-mas with whole village celebrating it. Whole with a few missing sadly :(

It is somehow strange that our 121 people village has volunteer firefighters and 3 of the 4 neighbour villages with 1500-2500 people each haven't. And none of the emergencies was in our village.

So I hope you had a happy x-mas.

And as usual, ever since the twins were born and share my birthday - mine is just a kiss from my wife in morning and another when cleaning up the kids birthdays.

A list of challenges on a day for you and your family, but that finale of that kiss... perfect smoochy ending!

:D

gogo

On 12/24/2021 at 5:52 AM, Dax said:

Merry christmas everybody!
Celebrate with family and friends, have a good time, be well and stay away
from cov19!

A strong wish Dax, Im sending double strength on your wish, have just gotten my third booster 3 weeks ago , feeling strong and gonna visit Ammamma and eat fatty french fries when noone's looking!

:P

gogo

• The title was changed to Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2021 - New Year 2022 ... stay strong and safe!!