Sacred 2 1.5GB commit size crash

After trying just about everything that exists(probably spent like 30+ hours at this point, trying to diagnose and fix the issue) I can't seem to play without crashing. Also, at least from my observations, the actual memory in use is not what's causing the crash. It only happened when the 'commit size'(see Task Manager) went somewhere over 1,500,000 K. It's possible that it's due to excessive fragmentation. One thing I did find(on these very forums) is that the community patch will fix the memory issue once and for all. Is there a way to fix it without installing the patch(like some standalone memory fix)? I'm quite a purist and do not want any content/balancing etc that wasn't in the original game. Bug fixes are of course fine, but I do want to experience it in its vanilla and intended form, as I'm sure many others do too.

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Nope. The fix is hardcoded so there isn't a simple workaround. Flix is working on a "purist version" of the CM Patch though, which should be online this month. Check its thread.

That's a pity about the fix. Thanks for the link though will keep an eye on that one!

• Like! 1