Sacred 2 Nautillus? Sigh

oh boy, I just saw that nautillus thingy in the new sacred 2 movie

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31072.html

nautilus.jpg

....yes it's neat ( I guess) yes the tentacles look... er...they move ... but... I don't know what it is with Sacred and I guess my taste in design? I want more of the grotesque, the gruesome. If you look back at a lot of the stuff that is Sacred Myth...it's pretty much all staid stuff...scorpions, spiders, skeletons, and now a giant octopus...

Where's the cool creepies I say, bring em out...bring on the giger. This was one of the things I'd really enjoyed from playing Guild Wars...that insane art. Guildwars would always surprise me over and over, their stuff was macabre, dark and spooky. Is Sacred forever madeto be a land of classic skeletons, orcs, trolls and...er..spiders?

What if they stuck in a cool giger zone...and we had stuff like this:

exhibit_giger_01_big.jpg

hr_giger_necronom_iv.3.jpg

hr_giger_pII_the_great_beast_p13.preview.jpg

A darker day indeed!

:)

gogo

Oh that is cool! Um At least they gave us a new baddie?

But I agree, it would be wicked to have a giger realm! oooooh what fun!! Things grab you from the walls.... decapitated arms pull you into the ground... things make you blow up versus just laying there looking rather pathetic when you die... Yup! Full gigerness would fit so well!

Oh a nice big queen for a boss! :)

I love the giant Kraken. Very cool! I can't wait to zoom in on an epic battle like that! :) I actually think that Ascaron did make Sacred 2 a bit darker than S1. S1 is a bit "cutesy" Or so I always thought. I enjoyed the humorous and cute sort of appeal to S1 but it's definitely time for a change. From what I'm seeing of Sacred 2 I really think they've added an edge to it. The design is looking much more ominous to me. The Werewolves, Spiders, and some of the undead have a real "evil" to them I'm finding. They've been made grotesque in a way.