Please help us welcome Timotheus on board as Moderator for DarkMatters!!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere... After 18 years of gaming with the original incarnation of Sacred as well as posting on the Sacred International Forum, our close friend and hereforth member of our moderating family, Timotheus has stepped up to claim a job, oops, honor (:D) as a member of our Mod team! A lover of race games, and PC tinkering, we look forward to his posts and energy to add to our community, as we get close to closing our second decade in our love affair with this game, Sacred.

Welcome and congratulations Timotheus!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

18 years, whew!  That's a lot of gaming!

So nice of you to join the team in our epic and eternal battle against naughty bots and the like.  We promise not to throw you to the trolls.  Hehe.  You're a rock Timo and we're better with you.  :agreed:

3 Cheers for Timo!  :almirena_01:

Oops!  I mean...  :lujate:  Shhhh...  Thar be pirates about eh.  ^^

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Welcome to the team, Timotheus! :crigon_04:

:JC_hurrah:

There are lots of assorted snacks, holiday cookies, gingerbread men, and tons of pizza in the break room! There are also plenty of beverages including hot wassail and ice cold eggnog.

This evening there will be other libations as well! :connie_witchy:

It's time to celebrate!! HUZZAH!!

:woot:

Cookies and … always … poutine!! 

🥳

gogo

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Spock said:

My condolences, Timotheus. It takes a lot of work to help moderate any forum but as big as this is I hope they take it easy on you and start you out on just a small area. 'Unread Content' will quickly become your newest friend.

Dang, Spock.. you'll scare him off too early.. we got to  reel him in first till there's no escape

:devil: 

gogo

17 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Dang, Spock.. you'll scare him off too early.. we got to  reel him in first till there's no escape

Nah, he's hooked already and I'm sure he will be a great addition to your team.

I had, at one time, thought I could make a difference but my attention span and interest has waned over the years until I am no longer so sure. I used to know a lot about the game, mainly because I got to pick the devs heads about it while Beta testing. Now, after so long not playing Sacred 2, I barely remember how to start a game. Not someone you need helping.

@Timotheus: I was well on my way to my first retirement When Sacred (1) came out and it was so new I had to order it from the UK. I still have the complete game as well as the add-on code (must look to see if it's still all there!).

I Purchased my first copy of Sacred 2 as soon as it came out but got my next two copies from the developers themselves for some contest I entered while a Tester.

Now I'm just interested in finding a good home for all the content I've collected over the years, like Pevil's Place, Wolfe's Lair, and my own pitiful attempts at a fan site. I just want to be able to maintain my copies until my site finally shuts down. I don't see why I need to shut my site down to enable another to take it up. Hasn't anyone ever heard of mirror sites? If it doesn't happen soon, it may be too late.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, Spock said:

Nah, he's hooked already and I'm sure he will be a great addition to your team.

I had, at one time, thought I could make a difference but my attention span and interest has waned over the years until I am no longer so sure. I used to know a lot about the game, mainly because I got to pick the devs heads about it while Beta testing. Now, after so long not playing Sacred 2, I barely remember how to start a game. Not someone you need helping.

@Timotheus: I was well on my way to my first retirement When Sacred (1) came out and it was so new I had to order it from the UK. I still have the complete game as well as the add-on code (must look to see if it's still all there!).

I Purchased my first copy of Sacred 2 as soon as it came out but got my next two copies from the developers themselves for some contest I entered while a Tester.

Now I'm just interested in finding a good home for all the content I've collected over the years, like Pevil's Place, Wolfe's Lair, and my own pitiful attempts at a fan site. I just want to be able to maintain my copies until my site finally shuts down. I don't see why I need to shut my site down to enable another to take it up. Hasn't anyone ever heard of mirror sites? If it doesn't happen soon, it may be too late.

Thanks Spock for keeping all the sites going! Its a lot of work, and prices post covid arent friendly...but theres still lots of heart and community with this game.  Sacred was built with a good heart into its bones, and thats going to take it far... Sacred one way or another will find its way to players and web...

live forevah!

:viking:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TornadoX1 said:

Congrats, to see the old Folks from SIF is always a pleasure:cool:

Yah, Tornado you were in SIF while Timo was there as well! We were able to bribe him here with copious amounts of poutine

Food_at_WIkimanian_2017_02.jpg

:)

gogo