Resurrection by lifeleech in hardcore

First off, I have to say, I don't want any credit of this trick as I heard it from Svori online and just want to talk about it here as don't know would it be ok by the rules of SIF.

So the case is, your toon dies but you still leech life from foes. Change weapon slot and your toon is back up again and you can continue playing. The bad thing is, you are dead.. so next time you join game, you are ghost. And even when you resurrect you cannot move any items on your inventory or in your weapon slots, or sell them on merchants. Only thing you can still save is stuff in your stash and your money (just like even if you die normaly you can start trade and give away gold)... which is kinda good thing when you got tons of good stuff on there.

This happened to my daemon so I can say it works for 100% sure (or atleast it did work for me). Funny thing was that when I got back in to the game (there was some network connection problem), my daemon was still alive whit all that stuff.. so basicly server crashed before she died. But as I like to play fair, I met svori later on some private game and gave away all the stuff and deleted that toon as to me, she is still dead.

Also heard if hc character dies twice, it turns into SC character automaticly.. didn't check if it's so.

So my big question is, would you use this trick to save your stuff in your stash? is it cheating or is it just gift from ancarian gods?

I believe I could use this trick only to save stuff to other players.. for stuff not to be used by me anymore, as what is lost, is lost.

Edited by Obsession

well I am Svori...

and I realy dont know if its against the rules but I asked a few persons and moust dont know of it. a few do do'h but they often dont know what happend,

first time it happend to me was a level 100 PM DE that died with traps still active and I even think I posted a topic about how confused I was.

I havent turnee HC chars into SC chars often that way but I did a little experimenting about it, I would say that +3 deaths you are pretty sure to get the char SC.

well might be a bit of rule ''bending'' but if u realy loved a toon or have great items people in SC will have use of it might be ''usefull?''

if its illegal plz tell...

if its not the moust effective ways would be CA/spells like PM, RoI/flame ring,flameskin (I think), tentacles and Combat Arts that still do dmg after you're dead

edit: oh I found that topic, its more like the story of his ''life'' but its mentioned Here

Edited by Erling
Also heard if hc character dies twice, it turns into SC character automaticly.. didn't check if it's so.

So my big question is, would you use this trick to save your stuff in your stash? is it cheating or is it just gift from ancarian gods?

Yeah, it's true, I can confirm that.. ..It happened to me.. My battleMage dead against D'cay twice in hc, and then I found it in softcore.. ..more or less 9 months ago.

Even if it may seem comfortable, it's a fault, a bug, not a purpose.. ..so using this trick is such cheating.. =)

That state of still playing but character marked as dead in HC can occur. It is rare. And I believe a bug.

I had it happen to me. The char had high % life leech.

And yes, it was dead on the next login.

Most often, I get the knocked out (butterflies over the head) or just plain DEAD.

Twice my character has died in HC to become somehow a SC character.

Bugs happen. Take advantage of it or don't. It is a rare occurance.

"well I am Svori..."

Haha erling...dont lie :)

Um it never happened to me, but for the question "is it a cheat?"...in my opinion it is just like overspawning.

Some say cheat, bcos you can level quick, but in other side...not really.

I think I would not use it though.

Nice topic anyway! :(

Edited by tomi
Bugs happen. Take advantage of it or don't. It is a rare occurance.

I don't think it's so rare to leech after death. Spells like rbol, firespiral, celestial light, call of ancestors, blazing disk, hell sphere, firewall etc.. can create that effect. But if you are saying that trick won't work so often.. then I get it. Haven't even heard before that you can get your character back alive before. Well sometimes game can do that bug where you see death animation, but the toon is not dead and stands up few seconds after that, but this is totaly different from that.

Personaly I don't like this kind of feature in sacred, but wanted to make a chat about it.

Even if it may seem comfortable, it's a fault, a bug, not a purpose.. ..so using this trick is such cheating.. =)

Oh, don't even try to call using life leech cheating. The purpose of wearing leech is not for the sole reason of hoping that your last hit on an enemy helps you come back from the grave. This is an old fact that's been around a long time and it's rare enough that not everyone knows about it.

How many times have toons died despite having high leech:) It's not like every time you wear leech then you come back. No, you don't come back everytime. It can't be controlled by the player. Far from it. I've had it happen 3-4 times in my years of playing hardcore.

Don't dare to say it is cheating.

And if you meant to be teasing when you said that... you're talking to people you don't know so well so just putting a smile doesn't mean "I'm teasing".

P.S. - and SB has a small life saving ability... so impossible to say how much is SB effect and how much is leech.

Oh, don't even try to call using life leech cheating. The purpose of wearing leech is not for the sole reason of hoping that your last hit on an enemy helps you come back from the grave. This is an old fact that's been around a long time and it's rare enough that not everyone knows about it.

How many times have toons died despite having high leech:) It's not like every time you wear leech then you come back. No, you don't come back everytime. It can't be controlled by the player. Far from it. I've had it happen 3-4 times in my years of playing hardcore.

Don't dare to say it is cheating.

And if you meant to be teasing when you said that... you're talking to people you don't know so well so just putting a smile doesn't mean "I'm teasing".

P.S. - and SB has a small life saving ability... so impossible to say how much is SB effect and how much is leech.

Yep! I'm a little bit surprised, I wasn't pointing the finger at anybody.

Anyway I wasn't kidding too. I used the words "such cheating", not only "cheating". But you may be right, my words could be misunderstood.

This "trick" is something that breakes the rules of the game, hardcore is a place where the fittest survive, weak and regardless (?! not sure it it's the right word) characters.. ..die.

From my point of view, taking advantage of everything that "would not exist in other forms than as a bug" , it's wrong. It means that I'm not going to do it, there isn't malice to the people that try to do it.

Lifeleech it's meant to transfer health, isn't it?

Survival bonus.. ..well when your character resurrect from hardcore to softcore.. ..I'm not sure it matters here.

Yes it could happen or not, like many other bugs it depends on many things that often are beyond our control, but for me, the only thing that matter here is "programmers purpose wasn't it".

Anyway, I don't want to open a debate, I only needed to clarify my position.

[I'm sorry if there are mistakes, I'm too tired to check up again]

But life leech is a mod on nearly every single type of gear. To say that a rare event is cheating would mean never wearing leech. That's silly.

This is not an effect that players can control. I can't say "I must make my last hit exactly now so when I get hit and die then I will be resurrected." It is beyond the character to control this effect.

And before you say the developers didn't intend for this to happen... perhaps you should go ask them. They didn't have to allow leech after zero health to bring a player back. But it does.

And it's part of the Pain/WIDD build... you take your toon to near zero and then leech back. If this leech effect didn't work, then WIDD wouldn't be as effective. You could not make a serious WIDD build without this effect.

I think the "cheat" is to intentionally change weapon slots after death to become "alive" and save your gear.

Life leech is not the cheat.

Ah this is a great subject but before I dive in I'd just like to say what a good fellow Patroclo is. He's only voicing his personal opinion that he places on himself. Not on others. I know him well enough to know that he's not the kind of fellow that takes pleasure in offending others. Italian doesn't always translate to English very well. :D As for what action would be the cheat I think gial has it right. Premeditation.

Now then... Would I do it? Heck yah! Haha. Ok well it's a bit of a double edged sword I suppose. My imidiate reaction is that we HC players suffer a lot of deadly bugs. I'm inclined to think that maybe we deserve a bug like this that we can take advantage of. At least to save a few items. Granted I haven't experienced this bug for myself so it's very hard for me to share any definitive thoughts on the subject. That said..

Come on Erling! Teach me to die and live again! :)

Granted I haven't experienced this bug for myself

So do you mean you don't ever use leech or do you mean what others of us have said which is that this is an extremely rare occurance and you just haven't had it happen while you've been using leech?

And why is it a bug and not a simple side effect of the pain/widd/leech relationship?

EDIT: okay, went back and re-read the original post.

this is the old death bug. been around a long time. the circumstances when it works are not common. not something you'd make a build around.

Granted I haven't experienced this bug for myself

So do you mean you don't ever use leech or do you mean what others of us have said which is that this is an extremely rare occurance and you just haven't had it happen while you've been using leech?

And why is it a bug and not a simple side effect of the pain/widd/leech relationship?

Ah, that I have never experienced a death for which I was resurrected by life leech. Though I do see your angle masteff. Nice take on it, haha. It's true that it is in fact fair to argue that we can not say whether this was intended or not. Personally I find it highly unlikely that is an intended side effect. However!

The fact that I say bug only means that I am inclined to believe it to be.

sorry schot... you must have been replying while I edited my post... please re-read and feel free to edit your response accordingly.

it's an old bug that happens only in certain circumstances.

by the way... either all edits need to timestamp or none of them. certain posts above have been edited since my original response and that distorts the flow of conversation

Come on Erling! Teach me to die and live again! :P

Schot! u never learnt how to ask propely? u forgot to say what you would give me and...

well, ok u dont miss anything else... :devil:

Hmm.

I'm thinking of exporting one my high level toons in all 8 slots.

And then making some SP or Open death tests. And tests... and tests...

Just to see if high SB does alter in any way your chance of butterflies and resurrection... or butterflies and knocked out... or if SB is just what it says it is: a bonus for the toon for being alive for so long... (and a bonus to magic find).

Now...will this desire last until I can get my paws on my Sacred game?...

@masteff:

Ah that happens from time to time, haha. gogo and I talked about it and the forum adjustments were incomplete so we have now applied the time stamp to all future edits. :)

@Erling:

Pleeeeease! :o How about an exclusive pic of the High Elf, hehe. :)

@Frost:

Ah hmmm. You know... I did a test just like the one you are going to try though not extensively. I'm sure I posted about it but can't seem to remember where I put that danged post. I tested with a high SB Dwarf. I noted in my results that he got butterflies the first time. The second time was interesting. He preformed a sort of slow "fall to death" animation and just before hitting the ground he popped back up and then had butterflies witch he survived. The third time he didn't survive. All within about 15 minutes. There's a chance that the odd behaviour I saw in his second near death was in fact the bug that this topic is about. Very curious indeed!

In the thread called 'Have you ever been "mostly dead"?' from last August. We were discussing resurrection and leech/SB effects.

Ah thanx gial!

From gial's topic Mostly Dead

Just tested my survival and survived twice.

With a level 1 Dwarf @ 97% SB. I went to fight priests outside of braverock. They were level 20. I let the first one attack me. The priest threw a fireball at me which brought my health to under half. Seconds later he threw a second fireball which drained my health completely and stunned me with butterflies. After recovering and filling my health I killed off the priest. Moving onto the next priest I let him do the same thing. After the second priest threw two fireballs and drained my health something different happened. My Dwarf did a unique and dramatic fall which signified death. The fall is somewhat slow to complete in animation and before the animation completed I hit the space bar to replenish my health. At that moment he popped out of the fall of death and his state changed to the stunned with butterflies. Seconds later and he was recovered. After killing this second priest I moved on to a third. I let the third priest kill me in the same way as the previous. My character did the "fall of death" animation but this time when I pushed space to replenish my health nothing happened. He died.

Note of interest here is that there are two types of death animations. Actually there are three that I've seen:

Upright stunned with butterflies

Laid out on ground with butterflies

The slow "fall of death" animation

I have to wonder now if my experience bolded above may have in fact been a resurrection by lifeleech...