10 years later

26 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this forum but Sacred has been with me for ages.

In Sacred 1 I was known as "Jindujun" and I've been terrorizing the Open Net and also the Closed Net with a few others through the ArtMoney program.

When Sacred 2 was released, I got into modding and was actively involved in the German Community, playing HC only, creating guides and builds. I was part of the CiSacred modding crew. Maybe one of you is here.

I did an IT apprenticeship with the firm intention of one day applying to Ascaron. I know that at the time it was just a dream, but it ended anyway with their insolvency.

When the Servers shut down I left Sacred 2 and moved to WoW.

Sacred 2 has always been extremely unstable for me and I accepted all the bugs and crashes, even if they didn't lead to HC death just once.

I've been waiting for Sacred 2 to be finally playable and with the Purist Patch the dream came true.

Glad to be back.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeelightful introduction Vishanka! I actually caught some of your posts on the modding topics and was hoping to meets and greets! My goodness HC Sacred community? surely we must have met up and played... this game's legacy is closing in on two decades and we keep saying hello to always more members of Sacred from everywhere, specially Germany! I hear you on the intensity with HC... It was actually my first online game and after playing Open, I passed to getting addicted to the Sacred International Forum and from there a single image of a Seraphim with the word Hard Core on it with a secret invite saying where we could click upon a skull changed everything.

Thrilled to meet up and hoping you enjoy your stay with us, Flix's work has kept Sacred so relevant, you have probably even tried his massive Diablo 2 Patch? 

Sacred transformed

and... a hearty once welcome welcome to our madness!

:hugs:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

My goodness HC Sacred community? surely we must have met up and played

I only remember vaguely, but I can't remember that we played together with English speakers. I'm sure my English wouldn't have been good enough back then. Were there perhaps servers divided by regions? I'm not sure anymore.

I tried to find the old German forum via the Wayback Machine to read my own guides again, I only have a vague idea of what I was doing back then. :cstars:

But unfortunately I couldn't find a snapshot.

I am looking forward to gradually enriching the community with armor skins and other mods, maybe tips and recreating my old build guides, haven't seen one of them here :)

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to 10 years later
7 hours ago, Zeeh said:

I always wanted to play Sacred 2. Now, over 10 years later I can finally do so. Thanks a lot for sharing the CM.

Welcome to our mad and crazy Sacred Community Zeeh...may your gaming with the new CM Patch be glorious!

:gogo:

gogo

6 hours ago, Vishanka said:

I only remember vaguely, but I can't remember that we played together with English speakers. I'm sure my English wouldn't have been good enough back then. Were there perhaps servers divided by regions? I'm not sure anymore.

I tried to find the old German forum via the Wayback Machine to read my own guides again, I only have a vague idea of what I was doing back then. :cstars:

But unfortunately I couldn't find a snapshot.

I am looking forward to gradually enriching the community with armor skins and other mods, maybe tips and recreating my old build guides, haven't seen one of them here :)

I saw your new Avatar...the Seraphim armor is brilliant!!.  Deep details, makes me think of Marvel enormous space ships with carvings and technology all massed together.. your work?

:resp:

gogo

ps. Looking forward to your work and sorry for it all being lost from the original forums.. we all had our hearts broken when Ascaron *clicked* their fingers and just like that all those worlds gone without anyone even having a chance to help out and host all those lost communities... I've always had a secret hope that someone out there has the dbases...when climates are a bit warmer perhaps one day well reach out to folks...data's never truly lost right

:gogo: 

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

I saw your new Avatar...the Seraphim armor is brilliant!!

Haha thank you, I actually wanted to mimic the colors of Abdiel's Revenge from Sacred 1 :)

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

your work?

The Models are avaliable in the game but I recolored the texture and glow effect. It replaces Endijian's Armor since my build will need to wear it; I enjoy Endijian's original Armor sometimes but generally I'm in for more eyecandy so most of the time I change it into something else. Usually I use an own version of Sophia's Armor.

I only change the pieces I already collected so I haven't done a full "Abdiel Set" yet.

This was also an older work for my Seraphim that I still adore:

vREL40P.png

EYdA5oZ.png

I would love to use the 2nd one again but I need dual wield and the highelf model can't dual wield as far as I remember :sigh: I don't know if it's possible to use animation infos from the other models. However I do not think it would work.

Edited by Vishanka
  • Appreciation 1
On 1/21/2022 at 1:47 PM, Vishanka said:

Haha thank you, I actually wanted to mimic the colors of Abdiel's Revenge from Sacred 1 :)

The Models are avaliable in the game but I recolored the texture and glow effect. It replaces Endijian's Armor since my build will need to wear it; I enjoy Endijian's original Armor sometimes but generally I'm in for more eyecandy so most of the time I change it into something else. Usually I use an own version of Sophia's Armor.

I only change the pieces I already collected so I haven't done a full "Abdiel Set" yet.

This was also an older work for my Seraphim that I still adore:

vREL40P.png

EYdA5oZ.png

I would love to use the 2nd one again but I need dual wield and the highelf model can't dual wield as far as I remember :sigh: I don't know if it's possible to use animation infos from the other models. However I do not think it would work.

I was telling one of my friends today that Sacred's main Heroine is a top model for advanced borg-tech Victoria's Secret

Dominatrix of the Stars

:lol:

gogo