DarkMatters has gotten site links from Google

After a long time of seeing other websites with those cool nifty links that noone has figured out yet what you have to do to look cooler than the rest... Authority status has now finally been conferred for DarkMatters search engine rankings.

th_links.jpg

Advertising budget here...zero

Time till we got them...bit more than two years

Heart and spirit here... tons!

We were always trailing that matt dude... grrrrrrrr...at number two for the last two years and we finally just last night got first place.

Most other Authority sites have six links... poor us we only have three :)

For now ^^

A beautiful community here that has finally been recognized.

Free pizza for everyone!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Interesting...lol, the links changed ^^

And, lol... Imperia Online is one of the links that google says is big for this site..

th_sitelinks.jpg

Go figger

gogo

• 4 months later...

Just saw this today...finally! We have gotten the max of 8 links allowed/given by google...and this time around, they finally make sense.

googlelinks.jpg

...Only took about two years

gogo

p.s. lol, I wonder if that crazy posting weekend you guys had going that finally did it ^^

lol, it's true

I'm so against bots it's not funny :Just_Cuz_21: I know a lot of friends of mine that run forums want as many signups as they can get... but the moment we see anything that comes to close to being a bot we immedietely quarantine it until it can talk back to us and tell us it's warm blooded :)

It seems that the only things that get through, thankfully, is the spam that human posters have to put here themselves which I don't mind as much.

If I was able to get 'em to sweat a little, then it was worth the pain

gogo

lol, it's true

I'm so against bots it's not funny :D I know a lot of friends of mine that run forums want as many signups as they can get... but the moment we see anything that comes to close to being a bot we immedietely quarantine it until it can talk back to us and tell us it's warm blooded :lol:

It seems that the only things that get through, thankfully, is the spam that human posters have to put here themselves which I don't mind as much.

If I was able to get 'em to sweat a little, then it was worth the pain

;)

gogo

I meant as in the google "spiders" and similiar, which as I understand it, are types of web-crawling bots, that index stuff for google

~Doom

Yeah thats how google finds out whats on your pages and you can get the google bot to do stuff for you with meta tags like you give keywords about the site or site content or like an about us and you can even tell it when to come back and where it isn't allowed to go.

I searched for 'sacred' and darkmatters didn't come come up on the first page. how can we get that to be? would be good to have us on the first pages (I stopped looking at 5) on google with the buzz that will hopefully be generated when sacred 2 hits the shelves.

the wiki does show up on a search for 'sacred 2' though. the search for 'sacred rpg' doesn't show us on first page either.

I searched for 'sacred' and darkmatters didn't come come up on the first page. how can we get that to be? would be good to have us on the first pages (I stopped looking at 5) on google with the buzz that will hopefully be generated when sacred 2 hits the shelves.

the wiki does show up on a search for 'sacred 2' though. the search for 'sacred rpg' doesn't show us on first page either.

Interesting

TRD if you type in darkmatters as one word...you don't get it as first hit for google?

I know if I type it in as two words, it's second page.

But if you do it according to our name here I'm pretty sure it'll come up as first hit...with matt's coming in second... lol it took a while for that one ^^

And yeah...the site links are great

Cept... lol, I have no idea why it keeps giving us the imperia online link...specially as there have been no recent posts there.

gogo

'darkmatters' does yield this site from google. I was thinking it would be good if people who only searched for sacred would get fdm as a link. people may have been like me and just known the game first and played solo, then perhaps move onto sc then hc. they may never see the dark ally/clan tag if they don't get to hardcore. more exposure bringing folks to hc and also fdm would be a win-win situation for us all.