Searching for the en_UK Soundfiles

Vishanka, you could buy the English Version at GOG. It's on sale for $3.74 (U.S. dollars), but I'm not sure what that equates to in Euros. Still, it should be 75% off the regular price there as well. That way you would have everything in English that you may want, including item descriptions, and whatnot.

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Vishanka, you could buy the English Version at GOG. It's on sale for $3.74 (U.S. dollars), but I'm not sure what that equates to in Euros. Still, it should be 75% off the regular price there as well. That way you would have everything in English that you may want, including item descriptions, and whatnot.

Thanks, I now have the files but it crashed my german installation even though I installed the englishversion on a completely different HDD :< I need to figure out how to fix that.... I feared that that would happen.

For all the others: do not install a 2nd sacred 2 version ín another language on the same computer, it doesn't work. I guess the registry is now broken.

Can't fix it. I guess I need to uninstall and reinstall everything.

Edited by Vishanka

@Vishanka You may need to rename the folder in your C drive (Users/username/Saved Games/Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2) to: Users/username/Saved Games/Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2 German.

This way your English Installation will not recognize the folder and create a new one for the English Version to use. It means that you may need to create a new character to use the English version. The old folder should still allow you to use the German version if you rename it: Users/username/Saved Games/Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2 and change the English folder to: Users/username/Saved Games/Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2 English

Important: You will need to start the game, not from the desktop icon, but from the drive it is on. In the game folder you will find the "Launch Sacred 2 Gold" game icon. Double-click it.

Please let me know if that helps.

• Thanks! 1
  1. First of all, uninstall the game again via Systemsteuerung -> Programm deinstallieren.
  2. Afterwards use CCleaner
  3. Last but not least reinstall the game in your favoured language
    • I'm asking: which version of the game do you have? I'm playing the steam version of Sacred 2 Gold, you can chose the language you want to install it in steam. You can choose between Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch, Italienisch and Spanisch. I also have an old Fallen Angel CD somewhere and I think I could choose the language there as well, so I'm curious to why you can't do that.
  • If you want to install the game a second time with another language on the same PC, you either need a second operating system or an isolation software. Don't choose an isolation software, just said it for completeness's sake. Never install multiple versions of the same software on the same environment. That counts for every software.
  • If you want German game with english soundfiles, you need to
    1. make sure that you got the correct soundfiles. If you play german game with CM-Patch, you need english CM-Patch version soundfiles.
    2. make sure that the english soundfiles all have the same name as the german ones. For that you need to compare every single german file with its english counterpart. If there's a german soundfile without an english counterpart, you need to use the german version. Vice versa you'd need to delete the english version. If you're not able to write a program which does that for you, it might take you a couple of years.
    3. Keep in mind that all your english soundfiles won't match the german in-game texts. You might wanna use english global.res and itemnames.cv to fix that. But I don't see a point in that, if you do that then you can also just straight up install the game in english.
    4. No one has ever done that before, so there might be unforeseen bugs and quirks. In fact, this is expected.

Also may I ask you why you want to do that?

Edited by Lindor
Reason: missing "."
  • Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, Lindor said:

Also may I ask you why you want to do that?

I just want to replace the soundfiles, I've been doing that for years. My Sacred 2 normally sounds like Sacred 1 since I replaced all of the files and the MSQ replies of my characters to make sense, it's no big deal to replace them. I also have a version to mute every comment, I don't like the german Seraphim voice.

For my installation I use the old installation CDs I bought back then. There is no english version on them.
I made them to .iso, since they always made problems if read from cd.

These are all the installation files I use and the required patches.

6q2vyZ4.png

I could switch the game to german again but it's very scruffy and unsatisfying.

The game no longer seems to recognize the "Sacred 2\locale\de_DE" folder.

Additionally it also for some reason locks the "Carolingia.ttf" inside the german folder (file used by another program) and I cannot delete it. It was deleted however when I uninstalled Sacred 2 completely, but with the installation it's the same behaviour again and the file is locked by some process.

Now the quick fix:

The game still uses en_UK folder, which was not created by my reinstall. I copied the de_DE folder and renamed it to en_UK and that works, but I'd rather want it to pay attention to the de_DE folder again.

This is HKCU\SOFTWARE\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 and it seems to be alright.

grafik.png.994dc79242dfb143f97b94ecf964de7f.png

and HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
5ecPAhs.png

I had backups from %localappdata% and from Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment and I've restored them.

And the Installation folder should also not be the problem since there wasn't anything en_UK in it.

If you have an Idea where else Sacred saves its stuff, I really think it would be somewhere in the registry or a file that is not overwritten by the german version, please let me know where else I could look. I'm not very well-versed on the installation process.

I think I just have to change one path somewhere.

Edited by Vishanka

I now installed the German version from the GOG Website, then uninstalled everything, reinstalled my CD Version and now the behaviour is back to normal, except for the Carolingia Font that still can't be deleted.

But I don't intend to delete Sacred anytime soon so I don't really care that something locks the file. Maybe someday I'll have a look but for now it is solved and the english soundhq files are working flawless. :gogo:

• Like! 1

I am relieved that you have the game working according to your wishes. You are probably thinning out vast hordes or Orcs of Lizard-people or some such at this moment. Have fun, Vishanka!

(Special request: More videos, please.)

:viking:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Vishanka said:

Perhaps it wasn't even so bad to have a fresh installation, it has been on the computer for years.

Actually I've had my fill of the Sophia set and am currently making another set mod that I've always been too lazy for. But I already have 2 pieces ready.

I would enjoy seeing it when you have completed the mod. I was never fond of Sophia's Benevolence; I am more a fan of the Revelation of the Seraphim set. I can appreciate the protection offered by Endijian's Artifacts, yet it's so bulky and visually unappealing. Sacred 2 is such a rich and immersive game with graphics still marvelously detailed. For the price it's a wonder that it doesn't have appreciably more fans, especially with so many overpriced games coming out with little replay value. I have observed that you have an appreciation of Sacred 2 as do I and many others here at Dark Matters. I also believe that modifying it to make it your own is a good thing.

• Appreciation 1
On 1/27/2022 at 8:17 PM, Vishanka said:

Perhaps it wasn't even so bad to have a fresh installation, it has been on the computer for years.

Actually I've had my fill of the Sophia set and am currently making another set mod that I've always been too lazy for. But I already have 2 pieces ready.

new seraphim skins?

:thumbsup:

gogo

Edited by gogoblender