Question Re Boss drops - Do unique sets or items drop from specific bosses? Looking for looking for Fadel's cord.

Do certain parts only drop from specific bosses? I need one item to complete a full set for the achievement. I've farmed the Griffin countless times (must be over 100+), but it just keeps dropping the same 6 set pieces ad nauseam. I'm looking for Fadel's cord (elf, waist), but yeah, no waists are ever dropping. Doing it on silver just to 1 shot it.

• The title was changed to Question Re Boss drops - Do unique sets or items drop from specific bosses? Looking for looking for Fadel's cord.
On 2/11/2022 at 11:33 AM, BlackJAC said:

Do certain parts only drop from specific bosses? I need one item to complete a full set for the achievement. I've farmed the Griffin countless times (must be over 100+), but it just keeps dropping the same 6 set pieces ad nauseam. I'm looking for Fadel's cord (elf, waist), but yeah, no waists are ever dropping. Doing it on silver just to 1 shot it.

In PuristFixpack the griffin will definitely drop set items, including Faladal's Cord. However, you must be due a quest reward for completing from eight to twelve quests. Glimborin's Garments may only drop one piece in about 50 quest rewards and that means completing about 500 quests just to obtain one piece and there will almost always be duplicates along the way.. The Faladal's set is much easier to obtain. In the base game with CM 160 sets like Faladal's are much harder to obtain for all of the other set pieces added to the game. Also, picking up set pieces like Falada's Cord as random loot is possible.

EDIT

It is worth noting that there is a significantly higher likelihood that one will get a rare set piece (such as a Glimborin's set piece) if you complete a four star quest or slay a boss. Simply completing a quest up to three stars, the probability is nil. So, try to time your quest reward drop to the best opportunity.

• Thanks! 1