Sacred 2 Sector and Quadrant Coordinates

Lindor

Just noticed, the link to sacred legends doesn't really work if you just click it once. For some reason, Sacred legends doesn't start the download until you're in the download section AND click address the download link.

Solutions:

• You need to right click the link -> open in new tab -> switch to the new tab -> click into your browser address bar to highlight the link -> Enter.
  • Alternatively, you can navigate manually through the download section jungle:
    • Downloads -> Weltkarten -> MIBSuMs Complete Maps (Sacred 2) Versionen 5.1 & 6.0 -> 259,58 Megapixel (riesig) Version 6.0
    • I hope this link works, it should directly take you to to the second to the second to last step so you just need to choose the correct map: https://www.sacred-legends.de/dlfile--id-52.html
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, Lindor said:

the last two lines are examples for the syntax, it's really easy. It automatically detects wether you want to convert quadrant or sector coordinates. Since each quadrant contains 4 sectors, if you want to convert a quadrant into sector, it always outputs the northwestern sector. You'll figure it out.

Thanks for the download and the script. This map is definitely better looking and easier to decipher.

And the script will be of great help too.

Input coordinates - returns which quadrant the sector is in

Input quadrant coordinates from map - return the coordinates of the top left of the group of 4 sectors within a quadrant.

Will make any potential weather experiments much easier :D 

I rewrote the program, it was a little bit confusing because

• Quadrant coordinates are first y then x coordinate, sector are first x then y coordinate
  • Quadrant y coordinates count from top to bottom, sector y coordinate counts from bottom to top

Which is naturally very error-prone. There was a mistake in the sector->quadrant conversion y coordinate. The new script works correctly, tested it over multiple coordinates.

25 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Input coordinates - returns which quadrant the sector is in

Input quadrant coordinates from map - return the coordinates of the top left of the group of 4 sectors within a quadrant.

Yep! You got it!

I'm loving that it's useful for you:cool:

You two might find S2se.exe useful for your endeavors, even if you don't actually edit the sectors.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwXXP3Exg5v4VVFoZGhOXzJqMTA/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0--tZ3FnmkKXr6evzBrQIKXA

It expects worldmap_sectors.dds to be present in the pak folder with it, but it doesn't have to be the low-res one provided.  You should be able to convert yours to dds and use it.

I like this tool because it allows to quickly click on a spot on the map and see the sector ID.  If you choose to edit a sector it will show you a nice hi-res image of the sector.  One note is that is after closing the sector edit window you'll need to restart the program before you can open it again.

Like s2rw.exe you may need to make dummy file in the pak directory called "nos2".

• Thanks! 1

Thx Flix! My Antivirus doesn't like that program. However I always wanted to edit the dryad area landscape, make the jungle plants much larger and denser and remove all the sand etc. Can I do that with S2se? If so, the yields outweigh my and my antivirus's scepticism.

I can't sem to be able to change the weather in the Northland. Isn't it supposed to snow almost all the time there? Playing with the PFP and it didn't snow a single time. Checking the weather.txt, no coordinates for Northland seem to be definied at all.

As a test, I tried adding a definition for 61,61 (The monolith in the Snow Village), but it seems to do nothing. Any tips?

And just to make sure. The X coordinate starts in the top left corner and goes right and Y coordinate starts in the bottom left corner and goes up. Correct?

Edited by idbeholdME
  • 1 year later...
On 2/21/2022 at 8:46 PM, Lindor said:

I rewrote the program, it was a little bit confusing because

• Quadrant coordinates are first y then x coordinate, sector are first x then y coordinate
  • Quadrant y coordinates count from top to bottom, sector y coordinate counts from bottom to top

Which is naturally very error-prone. There was a mistake in the sector->quadrant conversion y coordinate. The new script works correctly, tested it over multiple coordinates.

Came back to the coordinate calculator and bumping this because the Y coordinate is offset by 1 sector in the script. Seems to not be accounting for the very bottom half-quadrant row on the map (BF row).

For example, putting in 39,48 returns AI-20 when it's AH-20 in reality. Attached an example screen with the actual coordinates so you can check. If I remember correctly, it was fine before you did the update on the script back when I was first trying it out.

coords.png.f18bab0f480d2f34527088fe63955d65.png

Stumbled upon this error when I was trying to make weather work in the Northland. But even when correcting for it, I still have zero luck with adding weather effects there. Any ideas as to why Northland refuses to apply weather effects?

north.thumb.jpg.6bed43e820f62e613ac03e00e3e04eef.jpg

By default, there is no weather defined for Northland in weather.txt. Which I find weird, because I remember it snowing there when I played a long time ago.

When I try adding weather to 59,60 for example, nothing happens. But when I change weather in any other part of the world, it works without issues. No idea about how to get around this behavior.

Edited by idbeholdME