Sacred Kill counter

Hey I was wondering...

How can you ever fight a region boss?

Cause everytime I save my game, the kill counter resets itself,

so I can never ever get the kill counter to 0

Is there anyone with the same problem or better, a solution

Online the server counter for region bosses is restarted when the server is restarted[when everyone leaves the server]. There is no way to stop this from happening. The best way to get it down "fast" is to hunt with some friends in the same area so you can kill more faster.

Hey I was wondering...

How can you ever fight a region boss?

Cause everytime I save my game, the kill counter resets itself,

so I can never ever get the kill counter to 0

Is there anyone with the same problem or better, a solution

Yes that's supposed to happen, its not just you.

In other words, you must do it in one go. :butcher:

Different areas have different counter levels. Shaddar-Nur has one of the lowest region counts and therefore is a good one to start with. Make the run from Shaddar's tower south to the dungeon entrance and back; the trail will respawn as you go.

If I remember correctly, it doesn't reset the counter when you save, but resets when you exit and reload. So the trick is to not exit (and keep fingers crossed that you don't crash). Since you refer to save games, I assume you're in SP. Being in SP, you can leave the game up and running and you won't get booted (whereas MP has an inactivity timer).

Um very good thought there masteff.

I have never saved but left the game running... always the experimenter you. :butcher:

Oh and a bit of warning, a level 43 WE is not quite livable with the regional bosses. Maybe you should wait until your build is firmly in place.

Oh and a bit of warning, a level 43 WE is not quite livable with the regional bosses. Maybe you should wait until your build is firmly in place.

Yeah youre right, its hard enough killing dragons already but its more the point of me hoping to get to face the bosses.

If I remember correctly, it doesn't reset the counter when you save, but resets when you exit and reload.
Technically it resets the counter when you're on the main menu screen (which you hit when you exit and reload). It seems like splitting hairs, but when you combine this with the knowledge that you can also load games from the Savegame screen, if you have the patience to keep killing the same mobs you can make it a bit easier to do in SP.

When you encounter or gather an especially large group of enemies, save your game (I'm 99% sure the ESC menu doesn't reset, but I always use the 'S' key shortcut).

Kill the baddies

Open the savegame screen, and load the game you just saved (just don't go to the load option on the main menu!).

*poof* Baddies are ready to be killed again, but your kill counter still shows the previous kills.

Repeat until either the counter ticks down, or you're bored out of your skull and ready to go find the next big batch.

Well as far as I treid it always rested the counter.

But now I am lvling up first so I can kill more mobs easier :)

I am now nearly done with Silver mode

Is it true to get Gold mode that you need to play silver

To get platinum you need to finish gold

And to play nobilium you need to finish platinum ?

Cause if I am right, a higer level of playing gives you better equips

No thats not true.

To play every level you need to get the min. Levels to get access to it.

Silver-20

gold-60

plat-100

niob-140

And yes the higher level of server gives you a better version of the gear.

No thats not true.

To play every level you need to get the min. Levels to get access to it.

Silver-20

gold-60

plat-100

niob-140

And yes the higher level of server gives you a better version of the gear.

To clarify... Katran is listing the multiplayer limits.

For those who play exclusively online, it works differently in single player. In SP, any toon can access bronze or silver but you must complete the main storyline to access the higher difficulties; it's unrelated to toon level.

So, Sinister, you're right that you must complete Silver to unlock Gold, etc.

Edited by masteff

So a last question for this Topic.

My question is..

if I unlock Gold in SP or in MP can I play it in the other mode too ?

So if I finish SP can I play gold in MP or even beter if I unlock gold in MP can I play it in SP ?

So a last question for this Topic.

My question is..

if I unlock Gold in SP or in MP can I play it in the other mode too ?

So if I finish SP can I play gold in MP or even beter if I unlock gold in MP can I play it in SP ?

The methods to unlock difficulties are exclusive to SP or MP. So when you play campaigns, it's strictly about having completed the main storyline to unlock the next difficulty. If you export your toon and use in in local lan or open MP, then it's strictly about your toon's level. So, you could access Gold in MP despite never completing the main story in silver SP.

Oh, one note. Been awhile since someone's confirmed it but just so you're warned. Players reported in the past that when going back and forth between SP/MP or between different SP difficulties, that sometimes it would forget they'd unlocked a higher level. So they'd have to rush the main story to re-unlock the next difficulty. Fortunately, a Gold level toon can rush the Silver storyline in no time at all (well okay, it take a bit but faster than normal).

I would like to play online But since I am from the netherlands the time difference is a bit of a problem.

And my char is only level 50 though, but is training with more ppl more efficïent ?

Or doesnt it really matter, cause I play on LAN much with a friend of mine.

I would like to play online But since I am from the netherlands the time difference is a bit of a problem.

And my char is only level 50 though, but is training with more ppl more efficïent ?

Or doesnt it really matter, cause I play on LAN much with a friend of mine.

Most ppl here play only closed internet Hardcore, and time is not really an issue because whenever I get online there are more players online. more people in a server means more xp per kill but it also raises the possible amount of lag.

Closed internet is different from open internet for 2 reasons, firstly you can only start from level 1 and work your way up to silver gold etc. secondly you can not import a level 50 character into closed internet because your character is saved on the ascaron servers. in open internet you Can import a character from your pc and play from level 50 and up.

to play closed internet Hardcore ( meaning when you die you HAVE to start over ) requires you to click on the little blue face button next to where you can type your name after selecting the desired character changing it from a blue face into a red face, the next time you load the game where you can select your characters it will say Hardcore below your characters name.

to play closed internet Hardcore ( meaning when you die you HAVE to start over ) requires you to click on the little blue face button next to where you can type your name after selecting the desired character changing it from a blue face into a red face, the next time you load the game where you can select your characters it will say Hardcore below your characters name.

What is the use of playing HardCore then?

What is the use of playing HardCore then?

the pride of staying alive in a hostile environment without the possibility to just continu after you're death.

Getting to level 216 in softcore is easy .. you just need to play a lot. getting to level 216 in hardcore is not.

Edited by DreDBanGeR

Hi Sinister. There is also the rush. When you know that a battle can kill you if you're not paying attention...your heart will race, ^^

Dragons will mean something..heck everything does...because you always have to be on and wary of anything that can kill your toon.

:unsure:

gogo