Would you want Sacred 2 In Game Events?

Well the thought hit me today and left me wondering... Is this going to happen in Sacred 2?

I had the pleasure of playing GuildWars for quite some time and experienced the Wintersday and Halloween events and boy were they fun. I think what I liked most was two things. It meant that the world I was playing in could in fact change from time to time. It also meant to me that in some way the Devs were interacting with us and that's always very cool in my book.

Does anyone else think in game holiday events could be a healthy idea for Ascaron to take up?

It's a fantastic Idea. Those events in Guild Wars were very memorable and superbly planned. They actually changed a lot of the merchants during those one week sessions, had grand daily events running every few hours on one day. (ahh, the Pumpkin king! http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/hal...2k6/default.php ) and more importantly, they affected the kinds of drops that you could have and instituted special quests that would give you seasonal items that later on became collectors items.

Stuff like this is a winning strategy. It very much improves the content of the game being played and builds community spirit and loyalty.

A win/win situation for Sacred 2 if they could succeed with this.

:)

gogo

Don't know how well it can be implemented in a non MMORPG.

Because GW is purely a online game they have a high number of servers to cope (though at times they struggle :o ) with the massive influx of people during these events.

As Sacred 2 is also playable offline a lot of people simply don't normally play the online version.

To implement special day events would cause many more people than usual to go online for the short period.

This would mean that Ascaron would need to supply many more servers than normally required which I think would be cost prohibitive.

In a way I would think that Ascaron hopes not all people play online because they don't charge for the server usage (though I don't know if that will be the case with Sacred 2 :o ).

My two cents. :4rofl:

stubbs

Don't know how well it can be implemented in a non MMORPG.

Because GW is purely a online game they have a high number of servers to cope (though at times they struggle :) ) with the massive influx of people during these events.

As Sacred 2 is also playable offline a lot of people simply don't normally play the online version.

To implement special day events would cause many more people than usual to go online for the short period.

This would mean that Ascaron would need to supply many more servers than normally required which I think would be cost prohibitive.

In a way I would think that Ascaron hopes not all people play online because they don't charge for the server usage (though I don't know if that will be the case with Sacred 2 :4rofl: ).

My two cents. :bomb:

stubbs

Good point

I hear you about Ascaron having to reconcile the costs of paying for online servers, especially hc ones and still have no costs passed on to us. Will they price the game that much more? Or, muhahah.. would they give us smaller servers like they did in Dungeon Siege? Dungeon siege was one of my really enjoyable games. I loved it's Combat Arts, its' graphics and it's story line. Unfortunately it's lack of real online playing capacity already put it miles behind age-old Sacred in terms of being able to foster and grow a community. I do want the special events like they do in Guild WArs, but...they were all about playing online. The Christmas items were funny this way...only online players could get them right? So they threw us some candy and it was very much appreciated. I hope at least a few small things like this could be added to the online game where new content could be uploaded. Because that really is the point...being able to add new content on a seasonal or by event basis easily. With the SP form of playing I can't see that happening, while with onlining, the capacity would exist...but at a cost. ^^

:whip:

gogo