Sacred 2 Report from GDC 08 / March 10th/ 08

Carolyn has reported back from her wonderful weekend in Austin with a very meaty report chock filled with goodies from Austin where Ascaron presented once again Sacred 2. Her report is indepth and is probably one of the most comprehensive reviews of the up and coming Sacred 2 you could possibly read. Notes on the the vast number of quests, enemies, bosses and much, much more with a movie and sweet pics thrown in will all serve to whet the appetite.

Our Community Manager has done a superb job with the reporting on this so enjoy the excerpt and please follow the link to the original article first published on the SIF.

Good job!

:4rofl:

gogo

Carolyn_Hacker

Intl. Sacred Community Manager

"Ok I'll try to restrain myself and save the rest of the images for the end, so you can at least read the text while you wait for the rest to load. At the outset I'd also like to note that any errors that this may contain are all mine. It's a very confusing information packed environment (attendance at GDC this year was around 18,000), so while I tried to make sure this was as accurate as possible, errors may occur. The poor quality of the photos is also a direct result of my skills with a camera - I was very sad to find that some of the shots of the gorgeous booth banners came out just plain unusable.

So, on with the description of my trip! Like last year, I was there for the 3 days of the expo, and spent the first and last days up for over 24 hours on each end - and also like last year, it was so worth it because it allowed me to maximize my time there. The hotel was incredible too! It was just steps away from the gate into Chinatown. My room was very nice, even if I did spend the last night completely paranoid that I'd disturb my neighbor in the room next door (because I found out on the way to my room that day that it was occupied by one of the Sacred 2 developers).

The game is looking most excellent! They've made a lot of progress on it since last year. The down side to this is that it was much harder to decide how to spend the time I was able to sneak in and play it between interviews and demos (those who read my GDC post last year probably remember that I spent most of my time making corpses flop down hills). Heh, yes, I know full well I'm not going to get any sympathy from you guys for that little problem.

The Campaigns

There are 2 campaign paths, Light and Shadow, and you select the path you want to follow when you start the campaign. Through the game, the paths intersect at different points. In one path you may be asked to help defend a town, while in the other you may be the person attacking the town. Personally, this guarantees that I'll be playing through the campaign at least twice, just to see where the intersections occur and how they're handled.

The amount of time it will take you to play through a campaign will of course depend on your skill as a gamer. I've heard different numbers estimated, and I'm reluctant to mention any because every time it's been discussed it was with the caveat that the estimated time only applies if you focus completely on the campaign. No exploring the map, houses or dungeons. No looking for items in breakable or openable items. No talking to random NPCs. No sidequests. Quite honestly, having seen some of the stuff in the game, I'm not sure it would be possible to ignore all the cool extras and just focus on the campaign!"

Read More Here