Mythos BIG Zone 3 update +crafting etc TODAY!!!

You may have noticed that Mythos is down right now.

We are in the process of both testing the new build and building out our network infrastructure.

So, the earliest that we could possibly be up and running is about 1:00pm,

but in all likelihood it will be later in the afternoon.

It is possible that newly discovered bugs will push the build to tomorrow. Speaking of which, THERE WILL BE BUGS!

With Crafting, two PvP modes, a whole new zone, and tons more new stuff, there are bound to be some bugs,

so please report them in the forums so we can fix them as soon as possible.

Next stop, Open Beta!

http://forums.mythos.com/showthread.php?t=15868

Now it is finally official.

let's just hope everything will run as smooth as possible for such a big update...

if we're lucky we will be able to get online again today afternoon - earliest possible 1:00 pm pazific time (gmt-8 that is, I think)

Greetings RL

Any ideas on what can be crafted? I have gotten some crafting items now and again, but wasn't able to do anything with them. :D

- Ike

the 'crafting' items will be newly implemented and can be quite everything...

mummy wrappings, spider legs, various 'monster' ingredients, or recycled weapons etc..

there once was a crafting system already back in the early alpha but it has been removed (cause it sucked and was bugged too much I believe)

for infos about the zone 3 patch, or better- what the developers have been working on lately,

I recommend:

The New Almost-A-Blog Thread

and for a detailed discussion about the upcoming crafting system:

Let's talk about crafting

there is no changelog for the upcoming zone 3 update, but I think once they get the build up and running smoothly enough we'll see it soon (as well as a download link for the client, which we all will have to re-download+install ..~90MB more than the old one)

time is passing by, I think they're working on it very hard..

servers still offline, and if you read the official forum you'll see that a lot of people are going crazy currently. :D

anyway, more information about zone 3 and the 'when' and 'what' is now dropping in frequently as hours pass by..:

=> Zone 3 PATCHNOTES

greetings RL

!YAY!!

new client including zone 3 is now available for download

and servers up and running again

(more or less.. quite stressed, all people logging in simultaneusly etc..)

Edited by Rotluchs

So far things look pretty slick. The graphics are a little sharper and they added a ton of stuff. There are now craft recipies and crafting components, both of which can be found or bought. There are luck potions, new levels of health/mana/antidote potions, group potions, etc. Combat has also been cleaned up a bit and the effects seem a little clearer to me. I popped by the new Zone and there was not a lot there, although there are new quests, etc there. There is also a Player-vs-Player gate in each zone that allows you to go up against others.

You need to download the new client off the website (it took me ~2.5 hours due to server stres last night). Remove the old client and add the new one. The new client is ~440 M.

- Ike