I bit of help please

I am looking to replace my signature with something....well...depressing. A lot of what I write(in the fan fiction section of the SIF and in other projects) deals with forbidden love and sorrow. I want my signature to convey the same.

I truly lack the artistic skills to do it myself.

Oh tough one there Sil. How about an excerpt from one of your pieces to convey the feeling you're after even more so. :drinks:

Oh tough one there Sil. How about an excerpt from one of your pieces to convey the feeling you're after even more so. :drinks:

From the SIF "For Fame and Fortune II: The lonely path" This is the from my own personal copy which I am in the process of rewriting. He is a gladiator and she is a Seraphim.

“You punish yourself far too much.”

Drogan lowered his head, unable to meet her gaze.

Why do I deserve you?

“Day after day I sit and watch you, Drogan. I cannot read your thoughts, for this is beyond my power. I can feel your emotions and I feel your turmoil. Your heart is filled with guilt and confusion.”

She leaned forward and her eyes grew brighter; her lips quivered slightly.

“I would share your pain—take the burden of it from you if I could. I would seize it all from you and take it as my own, even though each of your hurts be like daggers that rend my soul. I would take them all to spare you. Such is the nature of my love for you.”

and.....

She paused her work and turned to face him; those terrible glowing eyes fixed on him in the darkness. Those eyes that revealed nothing, offered nothing. She stared at him with no expression on her face and those eyes full of white fire.

Sometimes he could almost doubt….

Finally, from "The Sorrow Chronicles X:Tears of the Seraphim" (going to rewrite soon)

As he floated in the light and he was the light, he could see the creature that he once called mother as she writhed upon the ground and her face became a tragic mask of pain and sadness. Tears ran from her eyes and her mouth worked.

But high above in the bliss of the ether, he could not hear her cries. From his place, high above he could not hear her at all, but he could see her tears—the silent tears of the Seraphim.

And he was moved by her tears. Even in the bliss of the ether, he was moved.

The ether began to change, then. Sorrow filled it and replaced the bliss. The light began to dim and darken. Great sadness filled the heavens and all of the Seraphim still upon the face of Ancaria began to cry all at once.

High above, in the sorrowful murk that was once blissful light, he could see all of the sisters crying, though he could not hear them. Their faces lifted up to the heavens and they screamed out their anguish.

High above, he could not hear them. But he could see their tears—the silent tears of the Seraphim.

I think I have actually gotten off to a good start. For basic work, Gimp is pretty easy. I'd still be interested to see how others would do.

Edited by Silearth
Oh tough one there Sil. How about an excerpt from one of your pieces to convey the feeling you're after even more so. :hugs:

From the SIF "For Fame and Fortune II: The lonely path" This is the from my own personal copy which I am in the process of rewriting. He is a gladiator and she is a Seraphim.

“Day after day I sit and watch you, Drogan. I cannot read your thoughts, for this is beyond my power. I can feel your emotions and I feel your turmoil. Your heart is filled with guilt and confusion.”

She leaned forward and her eyes grew brighter; her lips quivered slightly.

“I would share your pain—take the burden of it from you if I could. I would seize it all from you and take it as my own, even though each of your hurts be like daggers that rend my soul. I would take them all to spare you. Such is the nature of my love for you.”

I like that piece Sil

Something about shared pain that gives me chills

Nice writing there

:)

gogo

Thanks.

To be honest, some times I think I need to tone it down a bit. I am always going for the emotional response and reading all of my stuff--If I have done my job correctly--would leave you feeling drained.

But back to the task at hand. I spent some quality time with Google Image search with key words like "solitude, sorrow,grief" I am still trying to put them together and perhaps I'll put my first attempt up tonight.

The picture that I have in my mind is a desolate landscape. There is a darkened figure in the distance and he is casting a shadow that somehow spells out my name(My mother did not name me Silearth, but you know what I mean) In the foreground is a seraphim or angel who is sad.

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, that's what I came up with.....kind of like it but it could be better.

Also, I have this nagging feeling in my mind that I got the idea from another sig.......

Very well described Sil. I can see the image perfectly in my mind. Now if only I could draw that. Argh! How I wish I had more skill... None the less I'll see what I muster in the meantime. Maybe pop in a few ideas. :hugs: The shadow would be done by drawing a vector for sure though.

Argggghhhh Im seriously hopeless with these things. No matter what I do it always comes out cheesy. Seem to have more luck with simple techy stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to share my interpretation of the „solitude, sorrow,grief” matter. Still needs to be cleared up a bit though. It’s no landscape but maybe it can help with some ideas

1207343592260.jpg

If I can come up with a not ridiculously cheesy shadow casting, I’ll post it

Genius enci! Oh that sparked an idea for sure. The use of reflection is an excellent idea. In the sig you created I imagine a dark silhouette of a man at a far distance from the mirrors reflection and the name Silearth scratched on of the mirrors surface.