Sacred Guides All Magic Seraphim

All Magic Seraphim (level 74 HC)

A magic Seraphim starts off a bit fragile, but she can become one of the most power characters in the game! These are recommendations to get a Magic seraphim up and running

Your primary concern is to boost your magic power, and limit your regen times, This can be hard, becuase every time that you raise the level of a Spell Art, the regen time goes up So the trick is to maintain a ballance between balance and regen time. This is how we can do that:

Skills:

Ignore weapon lore forever.

Level 1: Magic lore (increases spell damage) -- keep this maxed, until it gets to 100

Level 3: Heavenly Magic (decreases casting time and regen time) -- keep this maxed until it gets to 40

Level 6: Constitution (increases health) -- Add one point per level until you get to level 12. Then only on the odd levels.

Level 12: Parry (increases defense) -- Add one point on the even levels until it gets to 40

Level 20: Meditation (decreases regen time) -- Add points when Heavenly Magic gets to 40

Level 30: Armour (increases movement speed and resistances) -- Add points when Parry gets to 40

Level 50: This is your freebie Go with Trading or Riding. Or if you are missing melee, take Long Handled Weapon Lore.

Once you hit level 50, you will pretty much spread your skill points or pump them as the situation changes. The only thing to note is that you never need to go above 9 points in riding should you choose to take that skill.

Attributes:

Every point goes into Mental Regeneration. Forever. This is step one of lowering your spell regen time.

Magic:

There is so much fun here I do not know what to tell you But I will try One word of warning -- be very careful before you click on a spell rune that you already have learned. Because once you do, you can never undo it. Clicking on too many runes can mess up your regen time, so there are safer ways of doing it. But eventually (at upper levels) you will be clicking on them

1) Rotating Blades of Light (RBoL) -- This will be your major weapon. You will basically be keeping it going 24/7 as long as there are monsters around. Do your best to keep the duration time close to equal with the regeneration time.

2) Celestial Light (CL) -- This is your secondary weapon. It is great against low level mobs, high level monsters, and monsters that cannot reach you. Again -- keep duration and regen as close as possible to each other at low levels. At higher levels, you may want to use this as a rapid fire weapon, and keep the regen under 5.0 seconds.

3) Lightning Strike (LS) -- This is your weapon of choice agianst runners and flyers. Keep the regen time under 1.0 seconds.

4) Light (L) -- This is your weapon of choice against undead, or a great tool at night and underground to see better. Keep the regen time close to the duration time.

5) Strength of Faith (SoF) -- This is going to be a consideration only if you decide to melee a bit. You can pump this quite a bit so that regen is twice as long as duration.

Comabat:

You wil not be using this hardly at all -- basically keep these at low level (like level 1) and use the rest of the runes for trades.

Sockets:

You have a lot of options here, and you may be swapping out sockets a lot. So experimet, and see how you do and what you like best

1) Leech Life (LL) -- You are going to want to get to 25% LL ASAP. Initially, this can be done with the *vamp runes*, socketed into equipment. Eventually the equipment will provide it's own leech modifiers, and you can phase out using these runes.

2) Increase Magic Damage (MD) -- magic Seras are very lucky because the *seraphim runes* that they use for their own spells also provide a boost to magic damage when socketed. What that means is that if you want to boost your CL or RBoL up one or 2 levels, you can socket those runes instead of clicking them. Socketing them means that you get a lower regen time, and extra magic damage, and a way to bring your Spell level (and regen time) back down if you need too, by unsocketing those runes.

3) Reduce Regen Spell (RS) -- probably not used too often, but *BM runes* can lower you spell regeneration when socketed.

4) Increase Attack/Defense (AD) -- some *WE runes*, *DE runes*, and *vamp runes* can increase for Attack and Defense rating. You will be primarily concerned with Defense, so look for runes, rings and ammulets that can boost your Defense if you are getting hit too ofetn.

5) Increase Resistances (RES) -- these are for down the road when you have everything else under control. If you find that fire or poison monstrs (attacks) are giving you grief, then socket a few rings or ammies that boost that particular resistance type. Physical resistance is a good standard one to have as well.

6) Trap Flyers (Eng) -- make sure that you have a slotted weapon that has a least one of these runes socketed (if it already doesn't have this as a natural modifier). Some *we runes*, *DE runes*, and *seraphim runes* have this.

Combos:

You can have up to 4 combos at a time. I suggest;

1) 1x RBoL -- This comes in handy if your regen time for the normal blue button ever goes to far above the duration. In the later stages of the game you will be perposely over-pumping your BLUE RBoL for extra damge, so this will be a must as your backup during recharge of the CA.

2) 1x CL -- Same as for RBoL; this is a handy backup/double up.

3) 1x Light -- If you are tangling with undead, it is nice to cast a normal RBoL, and then a 1x light combo (lets you cast both without having to wait for the blue timer to regen). Combining these two spels at the same time gives you a big edge when dealing with them -- especialy the magic resistant ones.

4) 4x CL -- The is the mob/boss slayer. 4 CLs will wipe out most monsters, and return plenty of leech back to you! But be warned; the combo takes a LONG time to regenerate. So keep 1 or 2 yellow pots around for emergencies -- yellow pots will instantly regen a combo timer.

SLots:

You start with slots (buttons) #1 (left hand) and #6 (right hand). You gain additional slots on boths sides at levels 2, 8, 16, and 30.

The left hand slots (1-5) will not really be used for much since you are melee. But there are some tricks that you can do.

1) This is for the shield and/or weapon that is giving you your primary boosts; be it defense, magic damage, leech, etc.

2) This is for the shield and/or weapon that will entagle flyers.

3) This is for the shield and/or weapon that boosts your experience points. You make these items by socketing them with 5% experience *BM runes*.

4) This is for the shield and/or weapon that can increase your chances to find special items.

5) Toys, like whips and light sabers

The right hand slots (6-0) are your bread and butter. You can organizer 8, 9, and 0 in any order that you wish.

6) Blue RBoL

7) Blue CL

8) Orange combo of your choice; depends upon you situation

9) Blue Lightning

0) Green Combat Jump; or green Whirling Hit. This is your escape pod for when you get stuck or pinned in.

Spell Regeneration Time:

If your regen is too long, then you will be left standing silly while your spell runs out and you are waiting for regen to complete.

If your regen is too short, then you spells will be under powered and you will be recasting more often than you should.

Regen time goes up every time that a spell level goes up. This happens if you click on a rune, socket a rune, or put on a piece of gear that says "+x to *some spell*". For example, the lighting spear boosts the level of the lightning spell while equipted. But as soon as it is no longer you selected weapon, then you lose the bonus. If is is on a piece of armour (natural or socketed), than it remains as long as you wear it. If you click on a rune, then the level is boosted forever; there is no way to undo a learned.

Regen times goes down every time that a spell level goes down (see above for the opposite correlarry).

Regen times also go down when:

1) Heavenly Magic, Meditation, and/or Mental Regeneration goes UP.

2) Whenever you equip or socket an item that says "increases spell regeneration +x".

A trick to get around a high regen time is to alternate a spell with a 1x combo, since that work on different timers (blue and orange respectively). So if you cast a spell like RBoL, and the spell runs out but it is still regenerating (meaning that you cannot recast), then you can cast a RBoL with a 1x combo. That way you have a spell going from a second soruce while your first source is still recharging. This is a good emergency trick that you can use until you get your spell regen times back down again; using one of the methods above.

• 1 year later...

Hey there gguirao,

It's been a long time since KOTR has come by but I believe his approach is to get the skills to the level he suggests and once you have then continue to spend skill points in whichever skill you feel needs it the most. :cool:

• 2 months later...

gguirao: Talia-Mel's set... It has good Magic properties, but as with the BM set Amarri's... the full set bonus is what you'd want. Divine Damage! :hugs: Boosts your spell dmg by alot. providing you with a percent of the dmg you deal, as unresistable damage for the enemies.

Great answer Putrescine, unresisted divine damage is compelling reasons for this set.

Also remember having a regen spells slot can reduce regen on your buffs by about 60 percent, more actually... you switch to this while you're moving in between battles. Seras and their buffs are inseperable... you have to make sure your sof and rbol are there to be case if you're calling upon them. As well, having a booster slot for the buff spells like RBOL was invaluable for me. You can get at 30 extra levels at no cost this way.

:thumbsup:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Well... Concidering this is a Magic Only Seraphim id say that SoF is useless.

Leaving that slot grey would yield alot more runes aswell to pump your spells to the extreme ^^,

Yeah, but still.

The tiny extra dmg you do when melee'ing, which you prolly never will with this build. Compared to the extra runes in RBoL and a few carefull ones in LB?

I'd say that the dmg would be better if you leave this one specialized. Since after Underworld came out you can choose both trading and riding and remove the Weapon lore. It may only be me, but in my eyes. That would yield alot more I think.

You make good sense. I'd also agree, that if you're going to go full magic, best to leave off any chance of trying to hit with weps...though using rbol on and on, only, could become a zzzzzzzz

:lol:

gogo

EDIT: Removed my post due to; Too tired to think and it may have been a subtile insult. I copy-pasted it and will check when I wake up tomorrow.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ok. I have thought it thru and what I meant to say is: If it becomes a snooze, you can always make it more interessting by not using RBoL for a while just to get the kick again :lol:

Edited by Putrescine

Ok. After trying this build I'd have to say that going

1 Magic Lore, Meditation

3 Heavenly Magic

6 Constitution

12 LHW Lore

20 Parry

30 Armor

50 Agility/Trading

That Would be my way of going here. (If you have the UW patch ofc :P )

Then Running Full Talia-Mel's Supported by Arhles-Tgaws Wings of the Amazon

and weapons:

1: Full Orla

2: Sereish (Sword & Shield. For RBoL boost)

3: Prototype & Cubbi's Ultimate Pentacle ( Main Slot)

4: FarSight weapon (For more spawned enemies

5: Solwemyr's with a SR regen ring slotted in including 2 blacksmith runes for magic damage)

Then finding the perfect balance between your spells would be the only problem.

and then the only runes ive read so far is:

6: CL

7: LB

8: RBoL

Please gogo! :)

Correct me if I am wrong about this post in any way. You obviously know more about seraphim's than I do. :P

Edited by Putrescine