Need help with a recipe

Why...oh why god, do you mock me with threads such as this:)

A dieters life is a lonely one...filled with mountains to climb and lasagnas to pass up on. :)

Now you allow me to feast my eyes on this delicacy! :)

The inhumanity of it all........ :D

stubbs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking up ingredients after work tomorrow :D Sure hope I do this right. Ever since I remembered this dish I've thought of little else to eat. Giving myself the weekend to cook and fingers crossed I'll be in culinary heaven dinnertime Sunday

Knuckles, fantastic...you have to promise to take a few pics of this when it's done.

And yes, Stubbie... all these food posts...cruel but so delicious looking

:D

gogo

I'll make a few calls this weekend to see if I can catch a resto that makes this... I'll even ask the owner, if I can get to one, if he'll let us take pics of the dish. ^^

:)

gogo

Oh let us know how you go with that Gogo :)

Why...oh why god, do you mock me with threads such as this:)

A dieters life is a lonely one...filled with mountains to climb and lasagnas to pass up on. :(

Now you allow me to feast my eyes on this delicacy! :D

The inhumanity of it all........ :(

stubbs

So sorry Stubbs, but you know I had to just jump in this thread and give piccys as well cha%20(18).gif

Picking up ingredients after work tomorrow :) Sure hope I do this right. Ever since I remembered this dish I've thought of little else to eat. Giving myself the weekend to cook and fingers crossed I'll be in culinary heaven dinnertime Sunday

Remember Knuckles its all in the searing and simmering, not too much liquid, don't flood the dish, just keep an eye and add liquid as needed so that eventually the liquid becomes the sauce for the braciole in the end. The meld of flavours is just delicious :)

Remember Knuckles its all in the searing and simmering, not too much liquid, don't flood the dish, just keep an eye and add liquid as needed so that eventually the liquid becomes the sauce for the braciole in the end. The meld of flavours is just delicious :(

Oh man I'm getting the 'I'm over my head' feeling again :D

I would love to take pics but my kiddo dropped my last digi cameras, so right now I have nothing to take pics with :(

Remember Knuckles its all in the searing and simmering, not too much liquid, don't flood the dish, just keep an eye and add liquid as needed so that eventually the liquid becomes the sauce for the braciole in the end. The meld of flavours is just delicious :(

Oh man I'm getting the 'I'm over my head' feeling again :D

I would love to take pics but my kiddo dropped my last digi cameras, so right now I have nothing to take pics with :(

Knuckles, just enjoy the experience :) I am wondering what the time difference will be when you are making it and if I should jump on MSN to help you through it.

Braciole mmm? something I didn't know about that looks GREAT! I see a few variations looking thru the internet to get more info on it I will have to try it.

Alton Brown I like his show ( and like me he is a biker) but sometimes does get too scientific for me. I don't need to know the chemical make up of all the ingredients.

And Turduckin, they actually sell it here in the grocery stores I bought one once and threw it out. WAY to much spices urrrghhh.

wacko.gif

Yes, just enjoy the experience knuckles... relax while you're doing it... but don't forget to make it look and taste perfect.

And don't forget the pix

no pressure

:D

gogo

p.s. Borg, you're one of the big chefs here on site... hope you get to try and tinker with this one...I'm sure it'll go great with the laid back island lifestyle ^^

Looks like I'll be making next weekend. Just picked up mom from hospital a few hours ago and got her set up at my house. I'm gonna be playing personal servant for a few days. Instead of her ringing a bell for service I get a cell phone call lol

hey guys... you should open somekinf of ''the DARK cafè'' or something... no kidding, just write poutine with very small letters or only at the menu for Gogo kinda people :)

like Sil Highlander and Funky as chefs...

hey guys... you should open somekinf of ''the DARK cafè'' or something... no kidding, just write poutine with very small letters or only at the menu for Gogo kinda people :)

like Sil Highlander and Funky as chefs...

Here in the states we have our own take on Poutine which I belive is known as Disco Fries here: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2084/207287..._891e0b67c7.jpg

Now here are carne asada fries:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/230668076_090666ac92.jpg

Then there was something that I saw on "Dinners, Drive-in's and Dives" on the TV Food Network. It was called a horseshoe and was basicly any sort of bread or pancake topped with anysort of meat and then cheese or gravy then covered with frenchfries. I just wish I could find a pictures.

Edited by Silearth

Disco Fries?

Heresy... poutine it is!

And Sil, this is exciting if you're going to make this dish....

Makes me think maybe once a month or something we should all do a friday or saturday night cook off where we all make dishes and bring 'em to the table/forum. That with some pics of what everyone's cooked up could be very interesting.

A kind of "bring your own"

And Erling, maybe the time has come for chef rank titles at FDM

:)

gogo

Titles? titles?

Oh I'll be on the low side of this. My culinary skills are severely lacking. Though not from lack of trying. Don't know how many times I tried to make something and it came out bad, then look at my kid and ask what restaurant do you want to go to tonight.

So I'd like to reserve the title of "Honory Toast Maker' for me :)

posti.gifpost count shouldn't count in a chief rank rating, the d030.gif cooking should be what counts. *G* if it was given out by replies I would win tongue_smile.gif

mmm? it could be categorized

Pasta chief

BBQ chief

etc etc but that might get to be too many category's :)

And lets not get into ranks of chiefs *lol*

Edited by Borg
  • 1 month later...

Found a restaurant that makes it once a week, on Sundays only! I'll track down reviews of the restaurant, it's a local montreal gem, and not far from me.

:4rofl:

gogo