Seraphim et ceatera

I was asked to put here my drawings, so here they come ^^.

They were penciled about three years ago, so - in my view - they are really old :P

First - seraphim and Heart of Ancaria. Full size is here.

0f5aeeb26d0af09a.jpg

Second and last (for now :4rofl: ): 'Twin sisters'. No, they aren't sisters, it's just a name (I'm sick of repeating it...). Here is the full size.

6052e33fcf4d6292.jpg

I used to draw Seraphims, Wood Elves and other chars, but since I've stopped to play Sacred, I've stopped to draw them too.

Now I started to draw them again, I'll finish my new seraphim soon :)

T.T.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great drawings there :P realy good shading on the twin sister there!

concider to go into sacred again also maybe :4rofl:

keep it up I wanna see more :)

Edited by Erling

Wonderful work Telari and very very inspiring! :P I'm very excited to see what you can do next. :4rofl:

Oh and of course welcome to FDM! :)

Both are incredible, I'm fascinated by how well you shade. The pic on with two girls, the girl on the left, her hair... incredible. I hope you'll keeep drawing ^^Question, how long does it take you to draw these?

Keep it up, TelariTurunen

And welcome to DarkMatters!

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Question, how long does it take you to draw these?

About one hour :hugs:

I'm a bit surprised 'cause I thought that I wouldn't finish new seraphim today, but here she is^^:

0a9fa51c257509f0.jpg

Full size is here

And I've got something else, my first High Elf. I want to give you a small advice: don't make High Elves angry, if you want to stay alive :Just_Cuz_21:

b12acff4cab01c58.jpg

Here is the full size.

And now you can see how I WAS drawing (3 years ago^^) and how I AM drawing now. :(

Edited by TelariTurunen

Interesting. Once again, Telari, it's your attention to shading that draws my eye. I'm looking at your avatar now (nice one btw) and see that you're good with the tresses. The interesting thing here is that I read a while back an article that Pixar had written about "hair." It seems that hair is one of the hardest things to draw, especially with their movies. They were saying that hair is something the human eye picks up very quickly on, and that it's also notoriously difficult to do well. Shadow, lighting, richness...hair's complexities make it one of the most challenging traits on a human for an artist to capture, and it seems like you're great at it.

Another nice set of pics, I'm enjoying this thread very much. And, lol... I don't think I want to meet your High Elf if she's in an angry mood.

Another question... do you already "know" the moods of your drawings before you draw them? Or does their "mood" just make itself apparent when you're drawing them? For example, would a character that you draw come out looking fierce as a reflection of the mood you're in at that time...or is it just your "feel" for what you think that character would be like?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

wow more great drawings! :) I love you're shading!

that angry high elf is my favorite so far

edit: and great details on the sad seraphim!

Edited by Erling
Another question... do you already "know" the moods of your drawings before you draw them? Or does their "mood" just make itself apparent when you're drawing them? For example, would a character that you draw come out looking fierce as a reflection of the mood you're in at that time...or is it just your "feel" for what you think that character would be like?

Well, not exactly. It depends how good or how bad mood I currently have, but also what I'm listening to. For example, when I was drawing "The angry-angry-angry High Elf", I had veeery good mood (btw, I still have that good mood^^), but I was listening to Metallica's songs :P . And the Sad seraphim... hmm... ah, yes, The Rasmus' Funeral Song :)

Of course, I don't listen to music all the time. But almost always when I'm drawing, I'm also listening.

Sometimes I "know" the moods of my drawing, especially when I'm really happy, really angry or really sad. That's all.

looked at you're drawings a little more, I like the way u fill out the ''emptyness'' with the backgrounds :) good work, I wanna see more ^^

edit: I just wanna add something :) PS: wow I got 800 posts already? ;) wow :)

Edited by Erling

Yep, I've got next two drawings :)

First the simpler one. Longsword, and big zoom on the HILT :viking: . Easy. I won't say very easy :( (inspired by Erling drawings^^)

And seraphim. Ow my seraphim, ow my seraphim, ow my hard-core-for-my-pencil seraphim...

Lord Sith :drinks:

Edited by TelariTurunen

wow! great drawings! :o *jaleus* :viking::)

I think the 4 newest ones looks even a little better than the 2 old awsome ones ;)

the sword is great, the shading is perfect! I shee what kind of ''material'' the diffrent parts of the sword is made of at once

seraphim is awsome! I love the style of here hair, it's so seraish :o

:) good job sithmaster

edit: ps: um :( I think I told u wrong, I maybe this its not called handle but hilt :drinks:

Edited by Erling

Beautiful work Telari. Just wow. These last two are really something. I love your shading work and when I look at it closely I notice the there seem to be 2 or 3 shading styles. Some shading is done with sharp lines, some shading is very soft and some shading is cross hatching. How do you do the sharp and soft shading Telari? Is it just a matter of using a sharp pencil or a dull pencil? Or maybe you smudge the shading with your finger to get soft shading? Share us your secrets oh great one! Please? ;)

P.s.

I think the shading work you did on the sword hilt is my favorite. Looks perfect!.

ps: um :) I think I told u wrong, I maybe this its not called handle but hilt ;)

It doesn't matter :) I should check it in dictionary.

when I look at it closely I notice the there seem to be 2 or 3 shading styles.

Better when I say that I USE 3 shading styles :)

Or maybe you smudge the shading with your finger to get soft shading?

NEVER do that. It's the most unproffesional thing to do. Well, I'm not an expert though :P But my elder friend always says that: never smudge the shading with finger! She draws comixes and projects the books' covers, so she knows the way ^^

Is it just a matter of using a sharp pencil or a dull pencil?

Nothing of the kind. I always have sharp pencil. When I want to do soft shading, I'm using the flat part of pencil.

edit: hey, I've got 10 posts :o

Edited by TelariTurunen

I've been following this thread quietly, but your last picture forces me to comment.

You have incredible talent. Your first drawings were good, but the last is just awesome

I could have used you when I was looking for an image for my signature.

right, I just want to add a little question :o do you draw with hard of soft pencils? or maybe both? I mean do u use 1 pencil or more with diffrent hardness? :)

and gratz on 10 posts!!

PS: looking at the last seraphim picture for the 999th time :);)

Telari, the last two are incredible, I don't know why you don't turn pro right now.... hope you're at least taking art classes to keep the fire going? Thank you for sharing with us, amazing work here.

;)

gogo

do you draw with hard of soft pencils? or maybe both? I mean do u use 1 pencil or more with diffrent hardness?

I use only one pencil, always soft, usually B8 or B7 :)

hope you're at least taking art classes to keep the fire going?

Well, I want to go to an artist high school. We'll see :)

Telari

Think Scholarship Telari. With the work you're producing, I'm sure you'll get noticed very quickly. In fact, you should perhaps consider posting some of your work to the very established websites on the net for art and graphics. Open up some accounts and get your name and talent known.

You're in for a great life of artistry

:P

gogo

ok... OMG! the reflection of that sword :) it's actuly perfect! the sword is into actual realism drawing witch is the hardest drawing style!the highlights are great and right, humanexprssion is easly understood andshading is great as always, I am more impressed than I been in a long time!

you done the hands pretty good also, witch is one of the hardest things to draw, not as much realism in it as the reflection but the fingernails are very good. you did the eyes great alsowitch makes me even more impressed. I think this is the greatest drawing you done so far.

*sob* lol I am so jaleus... my drawings are like drawned by a 5yrs old compared to yours! I need to go and practise :sigh:

Sooo nice Telari. I'm with Erling on the expression. You've really drawn and captured a strong expression of... Guilt and sorrow? Whatever it is you presented a strong feeling. And with so little of the face visible that is a big accomplishment. Very well done!

Now I'm not sure if I have interpreted this next bit very well but... I LOVE the tiny trickle of blood running down the sword and onto her hand. It looks as though it is a strand of hair until it meets with the hand. Then it becomes a surprise. Very nice touch. :sigh:

The reflection's genius. Where did you get the idea from? Telari, was it something that you'd wanted to draw for awhile? And Erling, you say that hands are difficult to draw. I never knew that. Could you tell us why?

:D

gogo

you done the hands pretty good also, witch is one of the hardest things to draw, not as much realism in it as the reflection but the fingernails are very good.

:D Man Erling thank you so much I needed to laugh this hard. :4rofl: I dont know if I will ever be able to look at my hands again and think what they are trying to tell me. :D

Woah! I'm amazed at the talent on those sketches. I definitely second the opinion that you should go pro after following your dream of going to art school. Have the courage to follow and stick with your dream. I've encountered far too many people(including myself) who don't make full use of their talents and are 'stuck' in unhappy positions both personally and from a career perspective.