Seraphim et ceatera

hands, hair, eyes with realistic facial features around along with reflection is the hardest things to draw

because

-the deatail level and shading to get depth is I realy alot of work, difficult work

- its stuff we see evryday and we cant make them easier with only drawing 4 fingers or something bcos then its suddenly not a realistic drawing... it needs to be correct

- to get reflection right u need to think alot of where the light is supposed to come from and all the reflection need to ''fit'' with eachother

as an exsample here is a link to Drawing Hands witch is a famus abstract pencil drawing... those hands are over in ''realism''

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telari, was it something that you'd wanted to draw for awhile?

I would say yes, but it's not all truth. I was listening to some Tarja Turunen's songs. Some of them are so sad that I couldn't resist :D

I've got here my first Dryad. Not as good as 'what I've done', but not so bad though ;)

and here's the photo which inspired me to draw so.... odd hair :P

Edited by TelariTurunen

ooo yeah as u said in the PM, hedgehog indeed :P great drawing yet again! I love your style

Tarja? before or after she left nightwish... the songs u listned to I mean :D

poor gogo... *whisper* he loves seraphim's *whisper*

you know, seraphim is my favourite character... ^^ but I think she's the best to be an evil Dryad's enemy.

Edited by TelariTurunen

Telari, I think your drawing with the dryad is definitely my favorite. I'm a big fan of tone, and this last one definitely has a tone of "character" She's got an impish tone ^^

And...dom dom dom dom...a new section has been added to Sacred Wiki, with Telari as first contributor!

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry6811823

:P

gogo

p.s. Erling, that was fantastic info regarding the hands. How do you know that stuff? Are you secretly taking art classes and not telling us ^^

Wicked Dryad! :lol:

Wow, she is so well drawn. Really inspiring stuff Telari. Makes me want to work harder at drawing and it's so nice to have a drawing expert around too. :D

Ohhh one more beauty. Congrats again. I think this talent will be a huge part of your life. :(

It will be useful :)

You obviously know how to use a pencil. The technique is nice and well done although you sometimes see some strokes instead of a shading but only on really big shades.

I think I don't have to comment on the style of the first two pictures - they look like drawn by a young girl (not exactly bad but well just typical)

The portraits are really good (I'm struggling for words, meh) they show charackter and movement. And even though soe might not be anatomical correct they show some individual style.

some of your full body drawings look a little stiff - mainly the Seraphim. The dryad went rather well however it's not the most exciting pose ;)

Whilst the reflections on the sword turned out awesome thr hands/arms holding it look somewhat stiff to. You could cover it up by adding some detail the them. Think of a ring or some ornaments on the arm proetection (oh the words!) just so the pic won't look so vast even though you filled out the background (which is an exemplary attitude).

Last but not least, the newest high elve picture. It's OK but boring. Give her some charackter - add in some flaws, acentuate her cheek bones/eyes/nose - in short: make her interesting.

So my main critizims would be the hardest part in drawing itself 8at least I tihnk so): You have to find a way too make your drawings interesting. Be it action or detail(if used to actually add something to the picture) try to think about it before you start drawing. You can change a lot if you do some sketches concerning the posture of your character - try it!

(I fail at this part as well :blink:)

Did I say I like the pictures? :)

Edited by Waaah

It's hard to draw something interesting, when you want to draw a character from a game. I mean, it's nothing exiting. You draw what you saw. It's boring. And when I'm bored, it's harder to draw an interesting picture. Of course, it doesn't mean I don't like drawing pictures like those :) I like a lot. But I'm a creature, who loves creating new things, so I can't tell that drawing game elements is my favourite hobby. It's not and I don't think it'll be.

So if I want to make my drawings interesting, I have to draw things ''created'' by me. In my mind. However, it's not so easy to create something new. I've just finished one drawing, I don't think I'll post it right here (no Sacred in it :D ). That new picture I saw only in my mind and in my opinion it's better than those, which I saw somewhere by my eyes. (lol, my english is terrible...)

Yes, I could make those chars drawings more interesting, but - once again - I don't want to. Why? Cause they are not saying what I want to say. I can draw sad seraphim, angry High Elf, but this is not the same as sad or angry character, who was all created by me. Hard to describe what I want to explain :lol:

seraphim was not created by me. So why I have to draw her interesting? No need to do this. Sounds weird. Hehe, telaris are very weird creatures :P

It's hard to draw something interesting, when you want to draw a character from a game. I mean, it's nothing exiting. You draw what you saw. It's boring. And when I'm bored, it's harder to draw an interesting picture. Of course, it doesn't mean I don't like drawing pictures like those :) I like a lot. But I'm a creature, who loves creating new things, so I can't tell that drawing game elements is my favourite hobby. It's not and I don't think it'll be.

So if I want to make my drawings interesting, I have to draw things ''created'' by me. In my mind. However, it's not so easy to create something new. I've just finished one drawing, I don't think I'll post it right here (no Sacred in it :) ). That new picture I saw only in my mind and in my opinion it's better than those, which I saw somewhere by my eyes. (lol, my english is terrible...)

Yes, I could make those chars drawings more interesting, but - once again - I don't want to. Why? Cause they are not saying what I want to say. I can draw sad seraphim, angry High Elf, but this is not the same as sad or angry character, who was all created by me. Hard to describe what I want to explain :D

seraphim was not created by me. So why I have to draw her interesting? No need to do this. Sounds weird. Hehe, telaris are very weird creatures :P

That's an amazing response. I really do understand what you mean by you putting your own spin on what you see. Most ingame images are just base elements, it's our own take on it that makes it exciting and fresh. Telari, when you draw your pictures, I can actually see a "live" relationship between you and your drawings. This is the part that people like, and the part they want more of. It's the part of art that makes everything made so satisfying to look at. When different people draw the same thing, everyone seems to have their own interpretaion of it. And as you said, that part of you that wants to make it "better" is the part that everyone wants to see. It's your own curiosity about what the character will say next, where they're from, what they've been up to...it's that part of the drawing that says the most. In fact, you create a new chapter on anything you pluck out of a game and then give it life in your own world. Fanatastic.

That was great writing on your part.

Thank you

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...
*mumbles about there not being any more drawings*

Consider this I uploaded something new :P

My second Dryad, penciled almost 2 months ago (lol). Unfortunately, this drawing was dedicated to my friend, Monika, so I gave it to her, SO I haven't got my Crow Dryad any more. *sob*

I just thought that she's quite pale^^

cea05415ee420d4f.jpg

And, most important: it was inspired by song... song... oops, I don't remember its title :blush:

edit: no shading on her face :unsure: bad Telari bad ;)

edit2: I remembered that song :) "No Fear" by The Rasmus.

Edited by TelariTurunen

What?! No shading on the face:) Someone call tha art police. ;)

Honestly Telari she is sooo wonderful. I would marry her in a hot second! Well that is... Could you draw her a body first? :unsure:

Seriously though I find the details that make up the whole really special. It was love at first sight. As always I find your style of drawing hair very cool and love seeing it. In fact now that I really think about it looks as though you spent most of your time on the hair and it's so very unique to me. The tattoo work and curve of the mouth are the next things that I notice and really enjoy. Feather is a very nice touch and looks perfect. Seems to my eye to fit in very nicely!

The oooonly thing mah brain is having a hard time with is the eye and art around it. By itself I like the design but in terms of being part of the whole mah brain/eyes are telling me that it looks out of place. It's as if the head you have drawn is made up of various differently shaped curved shapes and then you have the eye art work which is a square shape with sharp corners... Conflicting style? I don't know but that's what I'm feeling, haha. Maybe I should see a doctor? :P

Moments later...

Aha! I found it staring right in front of me. Duh! It's the tear drop like design coming down her cheek. Looking at the head you see that almost everything ends with a sharp point. The hair and tattoos have sharpe points. The tear drops however are fat roundy ends. This is what I was picking up on..

One other thing, bigger thing, that I'm not enjoying with the eye is that the eyeball seems to have two points that light is reflecting of equal brightness. Two dots of white that is.

Ok! I'm shutting up now. Truly I love the drawing as a whole and dream of drawing something like that. :blush:

I think my biggest problem with the eye