What's the weather like over there?

Here in Pittsburgh it's -9 C and we have about 3-4 inches (6-8 cm) of snow from yesterday. the th east and south of us the Capitol, Washington D.C. got almost 2 Ft. that what like 60 cm. they don't get that much snow, ever! so everything is shut down. Knuckles in north east of D.C. so he was in the path of the storm. Hope he isn't snowed in!

Got about 15-20 right now with a possible additional 5-12 inches. With the blowing and drifting of snow I can't even see my truck. Just looks like a small snow-covered hill now.

They also just issued a coastal flood advisory which is bad for me. Not that I'll get flooded but the salt spray will hit and freeze to my house. Wish I had my digi camera for this but unfortunately it's en-route from N.J.

Gusts have been over 50-60mph all morning. I can barely see the house on the other side of the road 1/2 the time, and it's supposed to snow into this evening

Still under a Blizzard warning for a few more hours to. Til 1 or 2 pm

Got about 15-20 right now with a possible additional 5-12 inches. With the blowing and drifting of snow I can't even see my truck. Just looks like a small snow-covered hill now.

They also just issued a coastal flood advisory which is bad for me. Not that I'll get flooded but the salt spray will hit and freeze to my house. Wish I had my digi camera for this but unfortunately it's en-route from N.J.

Gusts have been over 50-60mph all morning. I can barely see the house on the other side of the road 1/2 the time, and it's supposed to snow into this evening

Stay warm as safe, brother!

Least I got some good news.

I know the head honcho over at the Highway Dept. Known him for about 12 years. I just put in a new communications system for him a few years back and have been maintaining their systems for years.

I just gave him a call to see if one of his guys could plow me out. Dangled a free mobile install as payment. Well he knows all about my back and poor health. He said I should have called much earlier (like years ago). Guess he has a list of 'important' houses that his guys plow the driveways for. Like all the Town Dept bosses. He just put me on the list and said if I need to leave before the plow arrives he would send one immediately. And not just for this storm. Guess I'm on the list permanently as long as I live in his town.

Hate using my back as an excuse for anything but don't mind it in this case :oooo: Shoveling that much snow would have killed me. Will have to make sure I bring something by in the next day or 2 so show my appreciation :twitch:

I hope everything will be alright for you Knuckles. Here in Montreal, they are talking about this snowstorm and they said that several people died both in the U.S. and in Europe. So be really careful with this one.

Max

Woah Knuckles! I hope yer holding and hunkering down safe and warm. I just got off the phone with my parents and they're pretty much snowed in Bethesda/Chevy Chase as well.

I don't think it's as cold there as it is here in Montreal, but two feet of snow is sure an awful lot for folks who aren't used to it.

:P

gogo

Typically this early in the season, down on the Cape we usually get a rain/snow mix or all rain. So while Plymouth (a town about 20 miles away) will get a foot of snow, we'll get all rain and then a dusting of snow at the end of the storm. End of January is when we normally get the all-snow Nor-easters.

Big snow totals aren't that uncommon though a 2 foot storm only happens every 3-4 years. We had a 4' one a few years back and that was definitely very very rare. Even the old-timers couldn't remember one that big. It shut down everything for about a week.

But ocean storms (Nor'easters) really hit us hard. It's common for 50 mph sustained winds for 12 hours or longer. Like today, I have a drift that goes up and over my truck. Even though I just got my driveway plowed, It will still take a couple hours to dig out my truck. About half done now and just taking a quick break before tackling the other half.

Nor'easter Wiki definition

• 2 weeks later...
Well... I'm sort of hoping for better and warmer weather soon.

Currently it's -21C (-5F) and around 130 cm of snow (More like ice sheets now I guess :agreed:)

Whole cow, Put. 130CM is like ......*gets out a calculator*........ 4ft of snow. dang! we'd locked down and living off dry goods in the pantry till spring

Well... I'm sort of hoping for better and warmer weather soon.

Currently it's -21C (-5F) and around 130 cm of snow (More like ice sheets now I guess :drinks:)

Whole cow, Put. 130CM is like ......*gets out a calculator*........ 4ft of snow. dang! we'd locked down and living off dry goods in the pantry till spring

Hmmm pantry, I need to get one of those :agreed:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Very cold here, a hard icey storm. No snow however, but the snow from the past days still lie on the ground.

Lot's of snow here, weatherman said it comes from Siberia :)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

• 3 weeks later...

here here with the frig. I was up at five thirty am this morning to get to work at 7.30 am .. greaty lonely..bout the only bright thing in the morning was the smiles on mcd`s employees when they put together my breakfast trio (yay cheapness with coupon! ) even my coffee at home had run out... put together a warm water with sugar and powdered whitener beverage.

:viking:

gogo