What's the weather like over there?

Weather's going crazy lately.

Russia had heats and forest fires they never saw before in their history (Moscow - 38 degrees OMG). Southern Europe capitals were pushing up 40 degrees and even in my home city (positioned roughly on the 43 parallel, coastal), the temperature today was 38 degrees C (a bit over 100 F) in the shade and over 42 under the sun (that's about 108-109 F).

Either the solar flare I was hearing about is hitting us well, or...

I amar prestar aen

Han mathon ne nen

Han mathon ne chae

A han noston ned... wilith...

The world is changed.

I feel it in the water.

I feel it in the Earth.

I smell it in the air...

Edited by Dobri

heh, I kinda feel like it's weird weather here too in Montreal. Strange hazy skies, sometimes lightning and thunder during days.. a half a block away.. almost like tropical weather where the atmosphere is oppressive and scary to be in...you never know when a storm will come along to blow you away.

:)

gogo

Russia had heats and forest fires they never saw before in their history (Moscow - 38 degrees OMG).

Saratov - yesterday it was 41 in shadow plus constant smell of smoke (as far as I know there are no fires around this area, but winds...)

In whole summer there was only one "rainy" week lol, two times there was a storm during that week and one time a good rain with lightning and thunder :sigh:

Since then it rarely came down below 40 there but now it's cold outside: 34 degrees lol.

Edited by ololcat

Well, today is beautiful here in Northern Connecticut. Sun is shining, nice slow wind blowing, and a first in awhile...NOT HUMID! Woot! It's been oppressive with the humidity here for awhile, but today it seems to be gone :sigh:

Cold...

Due to the big changes in the weather this year, I think Russia suffered the most. I wonder how you people survive that wicked heat over there :sigh:

Don't know :sigh:

Some are sitting at home whole day and going out at evenings and nights, some have ACs at work.

But at the weekends around one or two PM sometimes you can walk for over 20 minutes and don't see a single man, streets are almost empty :unsure:

But if there are people, you almost never will see them on sunny side :)

Morning Groo!

Went for a quick hike this morning up to the Oratory near me (have a habit of doing this twice a day now to keep me off me bee hind :P)

PQ-YUL-St-Josephs-oratory.jpg

montreal_church.jpg

If I'm feeling good I can get all the way to the tippy top on most days ^^

Beautiful day here, gonna go see Inception!

:P

gogo

It was getting just a little on the wetty side as we exited the cinema today and headed to the chinese resto for a big plate of spicy thai shrimp... ahh, a treat.

We got sprinkled on a bit, not too much..safely made escape back to the comforts of computer land.

:)

gogo

Cloudbursts

Our 7 year old 3rd daughter played a soccer tournament at weekend. They won it , so were 6 12 minute games spread on 5 hours. She played the goalie. In difference to the hard plastic protection from american football a goalie at soccer uses soft protection. We had heavy rain whole weekend. So after the first game all the protection parts were soaked full of water, raising the weight of the equipment from 5 pounds to 18. Wet clothes and storm would make her cool out quickly, so she changed her clothes after the match in our van. Make this 6 games so today we will have to wash 6 goalie sets full of dirt and 12 towels just from her first soccer tournament. Even we have a big washing machine which can hold 17 pounds of dirty clothes, it will take whole evening today for the washing.

I think I will have to force my daughters to play more ladylike games to reduce the amount of dirty clothes :)

Oldest does fencing and goalie at soccer, second vaulting (team state champion) and goalie at hockey (all 3 variants: field, rollerblade and ice hockey), 3rd vaulting (district champion solo in her age) and goalie at soccer.

Obviously my kids have the wrong sports for rain weather, goalies

Cloudbursts

Our 7 year old 3rd daughter played a soccer tournament at weekend. They won it , so were 6 12 minute games spread on 5 hours. She played the goalie. In difference to the hard plastic protection from american football a goalie at soccer uses soft protection. We had heavy rain whole weekend. So after the first game all the protection parts were soaked full of water, raising the weight of the equipment from 5 pounds to 18. Wet clothes and storm would make her cool out quickly, so she changed her clothes after the match in our van. Make this 6 games so today we will have to wash 6 goalie sets full of dirt and 12 towels just from her first soccer tournament. Even we have a big washing machine which can hold 17 pounds of dirty clothes, it will take whole evening today for the washing.

I think I will have to force my daughters to play more ladylike games to reduce the amount of dirty clothes ;)

Oldest does fencing and goalie at soccer, second vaulting (team state champion) and goalie at hockey (all 3 variants: field, rollerblade and ice hockey), 3rd vaulting (district champion solo in her age) and goalie at soccer.

Obviously my kids have the wrong sports for rain weather, goalies

That was a great post. You keyed me in on a lot of memories of playing Soccer as a kid ...my poor parents, never thought about all the work with the washing machine after

:D

I remember there were days when you just felt like hitting all the puddles on the field just cuz ...well you were a kid muhahaah

... my poor parents

;)

gogo

p.s. We're getting a line of strange thunderstorms approaching here along the east coast, hail warnings out, from super early blaze sun, right now it went to an eerie dark with rain pelting against the window. I'd forgotten to replace my coffee barrel, and just took a nice walk to the store this morning, looks like I beat out mother nature.

;)

gogo

I normally look at the pages of the Deutscher Wetterdienst - german weather service. The sport clubs demand from parents that they watch these pages. There will be no games if warning orange or above is active. Saves a lot of time, they don't have to phone everyone and we parents know earlier if we should prepare our kids for games or not.

Speaking about weather:

Which not normal weather forecast devices do you use?

We have a storm glass at our front door and we have to explain it to guests all the time. Hell, not even physicicians can explain why it works: qunatum tunnel effects, huh ?

The video shows a storm glass left and the satellite weather right, single picture movie for 146 days.

It is not ugly like weather forecast using leeches:

220px-Annelida_Hirudinea_Leech_2.JPG

"The leech disturbed is newly risen; Quite to the summit of his prison."

We have leeches at home. My wife is a doc and the opinion that they are best for several injuries at soccer. We

Tempest Prognosticator ... very very cool!

It's a little too difficult getting leeches here in Montreal ... just stuck on weather bug on my blackberry.... I'm in love!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/760

When I wake up in the morning I just check my phone's screen... There's a cute animation...sunny,cloudy, etc

Natty

:D

gogo