What's the weather like over there?

We had a nasty hot and humid period last week (when the air con at work broke down).

The temp dropped for the weekend... which actually was refreshing. Down to 20C as a high ... around 70F.

Today should be 26C, 79F. Nice! :cry:

----

Just found out: severe floods in Spain.

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Well...we're having a freak sun storm :blink: lol this morning at five thirty am my dumb cell went off and woke me up with a heat weather warning!

:)

after that, I couldn't sleep, worked, and just came back from running...

Hello 30 degrees Montreal weather...

Hello sweat bath

:sweat:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Falls really here. I've been waiting for this time now, a bit of warmer clothes and great for running outside. Only thing is the rain that can seemingly start out of nowhere... more and more the weather can sometimes feel like it's taken right out of Blade Runner... just rain falling anywhere all the time.

2940411_b2fde6f246_o.jpg

:crazy:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Goldener Herbst-golden autumn

Waking up our house is above morning fog in valleys and all we can see are islands of hilltops in golden sunlight in mid of an sea of fog clouds. We have around 3 celcius at morning and 21 in afternoon. Temperature raises quickly once the fog has gone. Some 'rain' which is in fact condensing fog early mornings.

Picture from a place near where my sister lives, 20 miles away from me, 10 from my parents. The hill has remains of a more than 2 thousand year old celtic fortress and a few miles away the romans tried to build a town 2000 years ago. But they retreated after Varus was defeated and lost 3 legions.

324px-Duensberg_Nebel.jpg

For us volunteer firefighters the fog stands for a lot of car accidents. In a neighbour disctrict a 12 year old girl was injured for danger of life. A hart was trying to cross a secondary street and a car crashed into it. The driver was injured at impact, the hart was hurled into the air, rotated and its antler broke the side windows of the car and the girl was injured on the back seat by the antlers.

I hope the girl is o.k.

For me, especially when I work up in Northern New England, moose are the dangers. I've unfortunately hit a few deer on the road, but deer aren't normally dangerous to the car occupants. Moose on the other hand are sooo tall that you basically cut the legs from under them and they fly up over the hood and smash into the windshield. I had one do this to me in my work truck(an F250 4x4 so it's not a small truck). It destroyed the cab. If not for the steering wheel, the moose would have landed right on top of me. After a few secs the moose was able to get up and walk away. Me, well I had to change clothes before the tow truck came.

I tried to find a pic showing relative size between a human and moose and found this (never knew they could be domesticated)

mosse.jpg

• 3 months later...

I experienced my hottest night here in Sydney yesterday. The forecast the day before was only 32 C but somehow the temperature ended with a heatwave like 42 C. Me and my wife spent 3 hours in the mall just walking around and drinking cold coffee thinking that once we return home the temperature would have subsided. How wrong can I get! It was still around 34 C outside but inside the house it was a scorching 38 C. Somehow the hot air from earlier got trapped inside the house and believe me even with the air conditioner on it was still a bit unbearable. The overnight temperature was around 30 C and according to the news this is the hottest overnight temperature in Sydney since recording started 150 years ago. The bad thing is that the weather bureau said to expect temperature approaching mid 30s C up to the end of the week.

I experienced my hottest night here in Sydney yesterday. The forecast the day before was only 32 C but somehow the temperature ended with a heatwave like 42 C. Me and my wife spent 3 hours in the mall just walking around and drinking cold coffee thinking that once we return home the temperature would have subsided. How wrong can I get! It was still around 34 C outside but inside the house it was a scorching 38 C. Somehow the hot air from earlier got trapped inside the house and believe me even with the air conditioner on it was still a bit unbearable. The overnight temperature was around 30 C and according to the news this is the hottest overnight temperature in Sydney since recording started 150 years ago. The bad thing is that the weather bureau said to expect temperature approaching mid 30s C up to the end of the week.

That sucks, mid 30's the last few days in melbourne, but we got a cool change yesterday and its been pleasant since, warm but bearable.

I can't imagine that kind of weather Jun. I've been known to go mad with temperaturs aproaching even two thirds of that.

I would have hidden out at the mall.

:blink:

gogo

yesterdays snow storm dumped 3 inches , todays storm til about 7pm dumped another 12 inches. tonight its forecasted another 1-3inches and its going to snow again Saturday and Tuesday ... time to get house in order to move south .... I'm getting too old for this crap .

yup this has been crazy...Genenut and Lord are near me and we got 14 inches here. So far we have around 65 inches total. And to pile on the pain we got a sleet/freezing rain coating on top of that so now my diveway that was freshly plowed is now an ice rink :Just_Cuz_21:

I didn't realize these Eastern storms were impacting all you guys too so badly. Dawn, if you guys go down south, make room in yer bags for me :P

Well, we spent a ton of time on the outside today, but getting it down to the pavement is always so satisfying, and I've always felt that if you don't let that first layer of ice get in, subsequent shovelings are easier. After about an hour, the front was beautiful, stairs scraped and dusted, drifts properly laid back.

Beautiful till the next drop

:oooo:

gogo

Yesterday, we were supposed to have, what, three feet of snow? Well, we got the snow. We did have to shovel the white stuff. The plows certainly came out. It wasn't three feet, not even close. Not complaining much, given that I'd rather not be reminded of the joys of shoveling. :P As far as I'm concerned, the snow we got is enough. :P