What's the weather like over there?

And... there's a snow storm coming...someone else on the east coast please tell me this isn't going to happen

pleeeeeeeeeze

:oooo:

I'm afraid it's really going to happen, and I got rid of my winter tires last Monday, so :oooo: :oooo:

Edit : I just watched the storms/tornadoes caused by this snowstorm in both colorado and missouri. I hope everyone in these areas is safe.

The winter tires, no! And look at it outside now... I had hail pelting my face that was bouncing upwards from the street on my way to work... eco horror movie come to life

Well I'm an East Coaster and it's missing us (phew) Had about as much snow as I care to see this season. We will get a little bit of the storm but worst case is some sleet and wind (we always get wind)

End of the weekend we'll hit 70°F (21°C) here - hello Spring :D

We're right in the middle of it Knuckes, glad u made it through, cross the fingeys for us

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain ....

Poor people in valley already have flooding. A farmer asked to bring his cows uphill close to our place and monday night one gave birth to 3 (THREE) calves in our field barn. So our second had a letter for school saying that if she would be tired that the reason was that she was helping.

Tomorrow is a work and school free day, so we will do some Rhabarberstreuselkuchen in evening. Just the word makes me already hungry:

Rhabarberstreuselkuchen

57512-960x720-rhabarber-streuselkuchen.j

I'm waking up early today, cuz... new schedule! working around twelve to 8 now, mons to frids!

Grey weather this morning, but it's fresh and celebratory, plus I'll be getting out at 8, and ready for fun

Chattius, Ill take a slice of that pie ty very much

named the cows yet?

:P

gogo

The rainy season has starter in the Western Cape. Cold wet winters to look forward!

Delta!

• Like! 1

Cow names: the farmer did Wotan and Thor for the male calves, our daughter did Tanka for the female.

Tanka: old germanic name, meaning 'the woman with the wise ideas'

Yesterday was a bit sun between the rain, today is endless rain again.

Chattius, what does Tanka mean....or is that a proper noun/name?

lol, Theuns, I think that's the FIRST time I've ever heard someone say they were happy for Winter coming!

Sunny, sunny and oh so sunny today here everyone...looks like the good times are here!

Sun On!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Oh I would much rather have Winter right now...the heat has been oppressive here. 7th day of 90+heat (hit 100°F yesterday) and I'm tired of it. I sweat enough yesterday to float a battleship. Dew points have been in the mid to high 70's. Just walking outside you begin to sweat. Only so much you can do to keep cool outside before the cops are called :sweating:

Thankfully the end is tomorrow. High will be in lower 80's and dew points in the 50's :dance2:

There was a bomb explosion today, possible reason : Heat. 3 Weeks without rain and 28+ Celcius.

Out of nowhere an old WW2 bomb below a field in Giessen exploded. Noone hurt it seems. The crater is 13m. It is the 7th bomb in a 30 mile circle which exploded without anybody forcing it in the last 5 years. Seems the fuses rot with time (70 years) and start to explode from allone. Most not exploded bombs are found on target pictures and then searched. But sometimes bombers got damaged and dropped the bombs in emergency.

Woah!

I can't even imagine something like that happening here, and from some old weapon left behind years and years. Glad noone was hurt.

Our Weather has been absolutely stellar for last few days, dry, bright and blue.

gogo

Heatwave:

Does this mean all dutch are fleeing for some fresh air or does it mean that you stay? ;)

I did my driving license decades ago in my summer breaks. The driving teacher said: you can forget all and everything, but remember:

'Schwarze Schrift auf gelbem Grund: Halte Abstand, bleib gesund !'

'Black writing on yellow ground: keep distance, stay healthy!'

The reason:

One with a yellow/black car sign with a trailer tried to overtake another with a yellow black car sign with a trailer who tried to overtake a truck. Autobahn got from 3 to 2 tracks because of a bridge and heavy sideways blowed the first trailer in a way that it zic-zaced using all tracks.

Nearby Autobahn-bridge crossing a valley. There are electric traffic signs doing speed limits at fog and rain. Also wind indicators visible from a long distance. If the windsocks are horizontal slowing down may be wise.

Siegtalbr%C3%BCcke.jpg

I really thought that there would be dutch cars without a hook for a trailer, but I was wrong. They are even on Lamborghinis.

EraserJens-1140902742.jpg

;)

• Like! 1

Nope, it means all those who don't have to work try to find some refreshment near or in water or simply stay indoors to endure the 30+° Celsius, while those who do have to work - like me - hope the AC is able to keep the temperature low.

Fortunately, I have to work in an AC-controlled environment - and even that device isn't able to keep the temperature low enough - but some of my co-workers have to pack the finished products close to the ovens, meaning temperatures go up to 45° Celsius or even beyond.

After work, I usually stay indoors until the evening, when temperatures start to drop. The past days I've seen temperatures at my apartment's balcony ranging over 42° Celsius. That's a bit to hot for me to deal with.

As for the Lamborghini with the trailer-hook: A Dutch car without one, would be similar to a German not digging a hole at the beach. Unimaginable! ;)

Thorin :)

And yet, the folks at Top Gear would call the trailer hitch on the Lambo outright HERESY!

Of course, they feel that caravanning (hitching a trailer to a car and then going on "vacation" to a caravan park) to be THE most evil thing on the road... They've gone on an active campaign to eliminate the caravan menace from British roads.

32C outside in shadows, 17C at work. No air control, just 13m below surface at work today.

All german digging holes at the beach....

You never noticed that all the aliens always attack the USA and never Mal-Orca? The reason is because we germans camouflage our beaches as moon craters.

http://www.wir-in-laboe.de/Sandburgen.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

• Like! 1

hahahah

I'll remember that camoflage trip on the next invasion ^^

A little cooler today, we have some baby winds, semi cloudy skies, and and a nice walk planned to get the blood moving.

Good morning people

gogo

I perfected my newest dance move today..."cat on a hot tin roof"

Had to install 4 antennas per ambulance and there were 10 ambulances to do...All painted dark red...roofs were soo hot you couldn't kneel or put your hand down on them......fun times :)

heh, catchy title, like a leprechaun you were today ^^

And folks, today is a FREEZER...I kid you not. Don't know where this has come from, but we had to wear sweaters today!!

gogo

It was so so SO cold here last night. All air cons turned off, and a kind of breezy breeze coming in. While the cat loves a hot heater, I think she also enjoys the respite

Curtains open, sun in, hello day@!

gogo

Finally getting some "fair" summer here. It was a sick hot wonderful day yesterday, and a lot of my family went down the amusement park La Ronde in Montreal. Lots of screaming, more screaming, no puking, and more screaming.

Joyous day

:dance:

gogo

We luckily avoided the alltime record for heat, but 37.4 Celcius was close enough. Weather is nice with lots of rain. The rain is really needed and it is a slow and steady rain at night, so I call this a nice weather.

The plants of the early potatos are dying and I looked for some tasty fresh potato. Most had the size of beans because of very few rain this year and o never wated them. It is like 1 citron size to 10 bean size. So I wondered what we will do with all these small ones. Unpeeled, roasted with rosmarin and some trouts from the lake? Our oldest likes fishing and it would allow some talking before she leaves for her year at france next tuesday.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

It is very cold in the Western Cape of South Africa. Winter is the time we get most of our rain in this part of the country, and the last week has been very cold and wet especially. And now I see that there is snow on the mountains. I already have another blanket on the bed, but going outside... Brrrrrrrr

Delta!

awww, pen pals. Nostalgia! Things never stop changing, life marches on! :dance:

And folks, today we have finally a run of decent days in a row of great weather, hike up on that mountin looking good!

gogo