What's the weather like over there?

Yup ready for spring...don't get ice like this on the south side of the Cape as the water moves too much but on the north side in Cape Cod Bay this happens...picture was taken this weekend..

I did say I'm ready for spring right?

wellfleet%20ice_zpsf1n4ppjk.jpg

crazy photo!!

:o

gogo

Well it finally happened....it's officially the snowiest winter ever here.....108.6 inches of snow...or just over 9 feet of snow...or 275.84 cm for my metric friends....c'mon Spring hurry up already

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to forbid my kids to leave the house to visit school. First orcan 'Mike' then 'Niklas' hitting our area in just 2 days. Our company gave work free for everyone. We are all either living in a forest or in volunteer firefighters or both. I planed today for controlling how save our surrounding roads through the forests are.

The good thing is: the storms produced enough broken branches to have wood pellets for my hybrid wood gas heating and power unit for the next decade.

The storms brought a heavy cooling and we may have snow the next days. So more damage to the predamaged trees is near certain.

• Like! 1

Yesterday afternoon we had something like 100 kilometres per hours storm with sharp ice splinters between. Impossible to do much more clean up than sawing the biggest tree trunks on the road in handable pieces and pull them away with the unimog. So we are only reachable with our old Unimog and Mercedes G-Class vehicles. Used the unimog to move the kids to school today. It is a former army beast and a bit armoured on the roof. No danger for more falling trees as far as I could check and falling branches should be stopped by the roof.

• Like! 1

Hola all, after a long and merry Easter!

Course... A snow all day on April sixth... but have bought some outdoor sandals early, hoping this will ward off further surprises!

:lol:

gogo

Are you guys getting the rainy days in? It looks like the snows melted away, and we're finally getting decent april rains... hola, this could be the real spring, albeit with grey grey skies

:)

gogo