What's the weather like over there?

Waiting for the city's bikes to be released, we have an incredible program here, 75.00 for the entire summer, take a bike and leave it kind of thing, last summer, my first one with the program, logged in almost 1000 kms in just a month and a half, can hardly wait to to get out on the paths again

:gogo:

gogo

Waiting for the city's bikes to be released, we have an incredible program here, 75.00 for the entire summer, take a bike and leave it kind of thing, last summer, my first one with the program, logged in almost 1000 kms in just a month and a half, can hardly wait to to get out on the paths again

gogo

Oh man that sounds like exercise to me...and you gotta pay 75 bucks :o

I haven't been on a bicycle since my teens when I was too young for a drivers license...Once I got that I never rode on my trusty 10-speed again....I used to hate riding to work when it was raining

• Like! 1

lol..I hear ya on the memories from yesteryear... didnt think Id like it, but found it so addictive...

on a more downcast note, temps have gotten to be super cold today, looks like biking's being put off for a while ...

noooooooooooooo

:oooo:

gogo

Been a really mild winter....hardly any snow...maybe 20-30 inches total (last year was 110"). Temps have been running way above normal all season except for one weekend where we broke all-time records for coldest day ever....go figure

So of course now that Spring is almost here, they are forecasting a Noreaster for Sun/Mon...possibly a foot of snow :P

Now that handball season looks like it's here I'm really hoping that storm is a false alarm. I'm so done with the cold.

are the courts you play on public, free, or do you have to pay?

:)

gogo

Been a really mild winter....hardly any snow...maybe 20-30 inches total (last year was 110"). Temps have been running way above normal all season except for one weekend where we broke all-time records for coldest day ever....go figure

So of course now that Spring is almost here, they are forecasting a Noreaster for Sun/Mon...possibly a foot of snow :P

Now that handball season looks like it's here I'm really hoping that storm is a false alarm. I'm so done with the cold.
are the courts you play on public, free, or do you have to pay?

gogo

I play at a normal town park. Well three actually. No park fees where I go.

• Like! 1

Soooo about that storm.....sigh....I mean I love a snow storm...so when I hear we're getting a Nor'easter, well I get excited

So when I woke up this morning to see only a coating I have to say I was bummed out....now saying max of 3-6 inches and TBH I doubt we get that.

This is where my daughter and I are sooo different...If I had woken up when I was in school to find out school wasn't cancelled I would have been miserable...my daughter on the other hand is happy....she loves school...especially now that she's an intern

• Like! 1

This is where my daughter and I are sooo different...If I had woken up when I was in school to find out school wasn't cancelled I would have been miserable...my daughter on the other hand is happy....she loves school...especially now that she's an intern

It's a great difference Robb, she's blessed if she's doing what she loves... good road

:thumbsup:

gogo

Soooo about that storm.....sigh....I mean I love a snow storm...so when I hear we're getting a Nor'easter, well I get excited

So when I woke up this morning to see only a coating I have to say I was bummed out....now saying max of 3-6 inches and TBH I doubt we get that.

I'm not opposed to snow on the whole, but it's supposed to be spring for goodness sakes. It was seventy a few times over the last two weeks and now on the weekend it was miserably cold and now snow. I'm so sad and angry.

• Like! 1

I'm not opposed to snow on the whole, but it's supposed to be spring for goodness sakes. It was seventy a few times over the last two weeks and now on the weekend it was miserably cold and now snow. I'm so sad and angry.

hahah, I get this... im so sad and angry too...

:4rofl::devil::cry:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Well I wake up expecting a nice Spring morning and what do I see/hear?

50 MPH winds and it's snowing like crazy...total white-out sometimes...WTH it's Spring !

Least the roads are warm so it's having a hard time sticking to them. Now I'm all for a good snowstorm but...ummm....Winter you had your chance, you blew it...it's now Spring's turn, thank you

So after spending the afternoon in 40 MPH winds (down from 60-70 MPH in the morning) picking up all the branches that fell (including one about 10 feet long that just missed my truck) and getting whacked by ice dropping off trees I figured it was over. The wind finally died down late evening and even all the snow we got had mostly melted.

My yard looks like it got hit by hail, with all the ice chunks everywhere...my silly dog had a great time trying to catch them as they fell...even barking at trees when one hadn't fallen for a bit.

So now I find that it's time for round 2....forecast for about 4-8 more inches today....c'mon Winter....you had all season to do this. I mean we only got around 30 inches this year. That's only about 25% of last years total. So why start now that winter is officially over? Even the temps in the last week have been colder than February's average. I had put away all my snow stuff and had hauled out all the patio furniture/grill....which I also spent the weekend putting back away

There's an old saying in New England (and I think many places) If you don't like the weather, wait an hour. Well waited all weekend, didn't change :( Whole week is supposed to be way below average, with another chance for snow Wednesday/Thursday.

Yeah I'm complaining but Winter is for cold and snow and Spring is for showers and flowers. My daughter is really bummed out. She has several flower beds that were already starting to bloom/sprout and many got damaged pretty good. Not sure if they will recover.

So Ole man Winter we are officially upset with you :P

snow%20spring_zpsxvdhpd0y.jpg

You have the rain, we have this nutzo cold weather... dunno where it came from, but yesterday was a massacre while outside in the streets with howling winds and cold fingers.

Hold... that may be some sun I see out there...

gogo

Sydney had the hottest April day on record on Wednesday, which spread over to the Blue Mountains where I live.

It was 34.2 degrees C whereas the average is around 19 C for Autumn.

I even had the wood fire all loaded up in anticipation for the cooler weather and instead I had to put on shorts and a Tee shirt and put the air con on to try and keep cool.

Thankfully it was just a one day wonder and I'm back in my tracksuit pants and jumper with a match in my hand ready to lite the fire as soon as necessary. :thumbsup:

• Like! 1

Sydney had the hottest April day on record on Wednesday, which spread over to the Blue Mountains where I live.

It was 34.2 degrees C whereas the average is around 19 C for Autumn.

I even had the wood fire all loaded up in anticipation for the cooler weather and instead I had to put on shorts and a Tee shirt and put the air con on to try and keep cool.

Thankfully it was just a one day wonder and I'm back in my tracksuit pants and jumper with a match in my hand ready to lite the fire as soon as necessary. :thumbsup:

Stubbie, good seeing you !! :hugs: Please sir...send some of that warm weather here... we have a freak snow storm going her for the last two days...wanted to chill outside for what I expected beginning of spring...

lol.. too bad about all your plans and preparation for the wood fire...nature's just gone ghastly!

:lol:

gogo

• 1 month later...

Heavy rain clouds and no wind. So they release all the rain in a very limited area. The house of my sister in law was flooded. We loaded our van with water pumps, chain saws and tents to clean up yesterday.

Heavy rain clouds and no wind. So they release all the rain in a very limited area. The house of my sister in law was flooded. We loaded our van with water pumps, chain saws and tents to clean up yesterday.

that's distressing, Chattius, hope there is not too much damage. what are the tents for ?

gogo

that's distressing, Chattius, hope there is not too much damage. what are the tents for ?

gogo

We didn't know when we left if the static engineers would give an OK to the house of the family of my wife's sister. But old wooden patchwork houses are more robust than some of the newer houses it seems. So the 20 people tent wasn't needed for living and is currently used to store stuff which was in the lower floor. The flood brought a lot of waste and the rooms have to be dried to allow living again.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just woken up due to a vicious thunderstorm over my house....Lightning hitting everywhere and rain coming down in buckets. Now we get t-storms but rarely the severe kind and very very rarely get hail ( no hail in this storm)

So I go to the weather channel and see what's going on....and nothing on Cape Cod at all....oh there's a line of storms off cape coming toward us but it's several towns away. And then I zoomed in...

Think we had the worlds smallest thundertorm literally over my house....I could actually see that the house across the street wasn't gettig rained on at all. The rain on map only covered about 2-3 streets...and these are small streets...the whole area is maybe a quarter mile in diameter and it just hovered over the area for a good 15-20 minutes.....and then just dissipated

Weird.....

That's so cool! Happy it wasn't worse and you had damage. I think we had ultra localized damage like that when we were kids and a lot of the shingles on the top of our roof got sucked away by a tornado...neighbors said they saw it dancing up and down alighting on one house then jumping to another!

:lol:

gogo

Glad you got the great w

Aaahhhhh finally hit the eighties on long island. Sun is up until 845. My favorite time of year. Handball season has been good so far too. Very happy.

Glad the great weather's come in for you. IT's just gotten super hot here over the last l'il while, though for a few days in a row, nights are chilly.

And great hearing Handball season is in, I remember you talking about how much you love the sport, it's very competitive

gogo