What's the weather like over there?

I wonder if I would have been allowed to fight a multicopter flying above our house while daughters were sunbathing. The next public place is 500 metres away.

Knowing our justice I probably have to prove that there was a reason to act right here and now without waiting for police. How are the laws at your places. What you can do when there are camera multicopters flying around your ground?

I caught the pilot (a 11 year old boy) and brought the multicopter to the police. But what if it is a bigger faster flying thing. Daubt I run quickly enough in this case.

Police isn't sure if I am allowed to destroy the copter without knowing that the camera is streaming direct to internet.

• Like! 1

I believe if you look at property rights you'll find that you own the air space a certain distance above your yard. Technically nothing can over your property under a certain height. You'd have to check into whether that includes rc toys though. It could also be unlawful surveillance. While they are in view because they're outside this instance is defined by the use of surveillance equipment on your property that you did not authorize. I don't know the specific laws but it's a start

• Like! 1

Weather here has been mild to warm winter days for the past week.

we had snow on the mountains 3 weeks ago, and it was freezing (for us Sunny South Africans atleast) but that must have all melted and turned into furnaces... not that I am complaining, I always thought I prefer the cold... but summer here I still wear long sleeve shirts sometimes and in winter I feel like a theunsicle...

Delta!

• Like! 1

I believe if you look at property rights you'll find that you own the air space a certain distance above your yard. Technically nothing can over your property under a certain height. You'd have to check into whether that includes rc toys though. It could also be unlawful surveillance. While they are in view because they're outside this instance is defined by the use of surveillance equipment on your property that you did not authorize. I don't know the specific laws but it's a start

They are not allowed to fly and photograph. But the only law enforcing force is the police. It is a grey zone - right of a public sphere is not allowing to destroy a camera ufo. You will have to wait for the police, except a clear and present danger is given which doesn't allow to wait for the police.

Using a gun is not allowed at all. German law demands that you need to have control of the flight path of the bullet(s). So you have to shoot in a way that, at a miss, the bullet hits ground at a place you can control.

Radio jamming is not allowed either, being creative and training an eagle is against animal law, permanent nets may bring you in trouble if you capture birds, using a rc - plane interceptor has a danger of parts hitting persons, ....

High pressure water guns may work, but my reaches only up to 8 metres.

I hope that politicians find a solution before millions of these beasts fly around uncontrolled.

Chattius you are accused for tried heavy robbery by using a water beam to down an Amazon multicopter flying above your ground which was delivering the crown jewels of the Dutch queen. What you say in your defence? I didn't want to do robbery, but the Amazon pilots were out of reach so I downed the multicopter.

• Like! 1

Interesting subject....

Did a little research and it's a bit vague....and not sure how this would affect tall buildings like city skyscrapers..

In the olden days you had unlimited rights to all the air above your property and all the ground below. With the advent of air travel it was then limited. The FAA (Federal Aviation Agency) said anything over 500 feet is public domain.

There have been several lawsuits involving planes and drones that flew under 500 feet over someone's property. While most cases were won by the land owner, the precedents/court rulings have not been consistent. With the proliferation of drones, the government is looking to standardize the laws/fines for it

The ground rights are also somewhat vague.....unless you also have mineral rights. With no mineral rights, you could have an oil or gas deposit under your land but a company could drill down from an adjacent property and access it with no compensation to you. To make that particular scenario worse....more than likely your property value would plummet. Who would want to live next to a bunch of oil/gas rigs?

Using a gun is not allowed at all.

I'm pretty certain peeps will just use pellet or bb guns anyway. Annoy someone enough, and they'll shoot anything down\

:)

gogo

German weapon laws used kinertic energy. A sling with high elastic rubber and using a lead pellet was considered equivalent to a gun. A high tech sling is way more dangerous than an air gun.

• Like! 1

German weapon laws used kinertic energy. A sling with high elastic rubber and using a lead pellet was considered equivalent to a gun. A high tech sling is way more dangerous than an air gun.

That's why bolo is perfect. Just some string and a couple of rings or balls on the ends. Chuck that sucker and wrap up that annoying invasion of privacy. Lol.

• Like! 1

Should invent an ice cube gun that shoots cubes at high velocity

The cube should be enough to knock the drone out of the sky or at least disable it (ever get hit with a snowball that was compacted so much it was basically an ice ball? those things HURT !). Best part is there is no evidence left behind....By the time anyone was able to investigate, the cube would have melted

lol...and with all these manifest methods of drone catching in mind...

it's beautiful here in Montreal folks!

lemme see about snapping a pic outside for us today for some happy inspiration

:gogo:

gogo

Where I crew up...

My Mom still lives there and we visited her yesterday. I live 23 hills towards the right upper corner of the picture behind all the forest. As you can see from the shadows it is bright sunshine. The clouds are north of the Lahn river valley and the monastery of Altenberg. Down in the valley you can guess some cattle and that most of the grass is grey and eaten.

The Lahn valley is a weather divide and most of the clouds of the other side will bring no rain to the side of my mom.

Very much as my home. The rain is on the other side of the valley and I need a well 200feet deep for drink water. So I have the same weather: 30Celcius, some clouds , but no rain.

p.s.: Our oldest studies Arboristik (urban Forestry). She has to do some practical examples for her master - forming and rescuing trees like this one.

post-4779-0-39209300-1468827853_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Phew....

Finally ended our 90+°F days at 8 straight, and with it the high hunidity too. Though still no rain....we were under a flash flood watch for Friday. That's something we very rarely see on the Cape as our soil/sand is very porous. Forecast for 2-4" of rain.....of course, we hardly got any rain at all (less than 0.5")

Normally I would be a little irked that the forecast and actual weather were not even close. Weather plays an important part in our job planning for the week. We work outside all the time and often on antenna towers/water tanks. So rain/lightning are very bad for us :) . Last couple weeks have mainly been at a water tank used by local and state police, fire and several town depatments. Huge job and being out in that heat/humidty has left us completely drained at end of day. So I wasn't looking forward to working there Friday.

But the forecast called for heavy rain and a flash flood watch so we cancelled plans for Friday. Not that I got out of work early (that will never happen lol) but it did mean I could catch up on some shop jobs, but most importantly, stay inside in that sweet sweet air conditioning.

Next week is supposed to be much lower temps/humidity....so hopefully we can finish job before we get another heat wave

• Like! 1

Last days we had 25C with some spray rain in the evening. It is good weather for house repairs. Chattius's special wand isolation would be too smelly at 35C ;)

Horse apples, fine cut wet hay and clay , fine mixed and waiting till the organic material starts to rot. Smeared between the rips of our wooden patchwork house the hardened clay will have pores and the wand can breath. Better isolation and there is no moisture in the house.

German law demanded to give the isolation grade of a house to authorities. The papers had many squares to make a cross, wood wool, styropor plastic, ... but none for horseapples and clay.

Cool in summer and warm in winter without a air condition, the authorities were sending a person with an infrared camera at a winter night to test the energy loss. As good as the most modern houses. Now I can nail a big certificate at the wall in the living room ;)

• Like! 1

Phew....

Finally ended our 90+°F days at 8 straight, and with it the high hunidity too. Though still no rain....we were under a flash flood watch for Friday. That's something we very rarely see on the Cape as our soil/sand is very porous. Forecast for 2-4" of rain.....of course, we hardly got any rain at all (less than 0.5")

Normally I would be a little irked that the forecast and actual weather were not even close. Weather plays an important part in our job planning for the week. We work outside all the time and often on antenna towers/water tanks. So rain/lightning are very bad for us :) . Last couple weeks have mainly been at a water tank used by local and state police, fire and several town depatments. Huge job and being out in that heat/humidty has left us completely drained at end of day. So I wasn't looking forward to working there Friday.

But the forecast called for heavy rain and a flash flood watch so we cancelled plans for Friday. Not that I got out of work early (that will never happen lol) but it did mean I could catch up on some shop jobs, but most importantly, stay inside in that sweet sweet air conditioning.

Next week is supposed to be much lower temps/humidity....so hopefully we can finish job before we get another heat wave

Interesting that you mention that flash flood warning...I think I just read that a flash flood in Maryland was called...six inches of rain in two hours... apparently a "once in a thousand years" occurrence!

:blink:

gogo

Cool in summer and warm in winter without a air condition, the authorities were sending a person with an infrared camera at a winter night to test the energy loss. As good as the most modern houses. Now I can nail a big certificate at the wall in the living room ;)

Bravo on the work!

:bounce:

gogo

I guess long island had been getting the outskirts of the weather you guys are having. Ours been raining off and on here since Friday. No flooding but short heavy bursts of rain that come and go. Looks nice today though.

• Like! 1

20C , cloudy , no rain , ... Now the clay is smeared on the woven willow branches of the wooden patchwork wall it is time to paint. I will do a whitewash from a mix of slaked lime, old milk and yellow flaxseed oil.

My wife says a mild yellow will look better than white in contrast to the red wooden patchwork. The picture is from a german step for step page for repairs. Oaken beams, struts from beech and then willow twigs woven around the struts. Then the clay, hay horse-apple mix is smeared on.

1254932082Vortragsbilder%20Michael%20019

Next step after flattening the clay surface would the whitewashing. The oaken beams were the only parts which I didn't replace. I wouldn't have touched the wall if the main usage would still be as a barn. But we want some guest rooms to be perpared for the coming years. So one half of the barn is turned into multifunction rooms: kid parties, guests, ...

Rain, rain and even more rain.
What happened to global warming and summer :twitch:

We had 1 week summer in start off May then 1 week in July.
Rest was rainy cloudy or a mix off both.

Been working way too much, got promoted to fireteam boss.
Cant wait till January where I go/fly somewhere with sunshine with my girlfriend.
Doesnt matter where, I am sick and tired off rain and clouds.

Edited by D-molisher