What's the weather like over there?

It's getting scary over here. 65°f in the beginning of February? Nooooo, climate change isn't real at all. Lol

Hearing you and inner cheering on that climate change... but folks tell me we'll get bitten soon enough... is it wrong to hope that summer starts now?

:4rofl:

gogo

I'm all for longer summer. I just know it's a bad sign lol.

• Like! 1

I'm not ready for summer heat just yet. We did have the warmest February day ever, a week or so ago with a high temp of 73°F. Fairly mild winter so far and with spring nearly here I doubt there will be any more cold spells happening.

Only one really good snow storm :( Got a little over a foot of snow, other than that not much snow at all. Only 32 inches total for whole winter season up to this point. Only thing we've had a lot of, is high winds. Seems we have a high wind warning every week (means winds of at least 40 MPH for an hour or gusts exceeding 58 MPH)

• Like! 1

man on man where did this come from... banging doors, whooshing, whistling noises and sudden drop in weather... come back summer... come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak...

:oooo:

gogo

Yup back to Winter here....forecast for 6-10 inches of snow today....and there's a possibility of a huuuuge storm on Tuesday/Wednesday. And Saturday's temp might break the all-time low temp for the day. Guess Winter isn't quite ready to pass the torch to Spring quite yet.

I hear you

its minus sixteen Sunday when we visit my Ammamma ... feels like one of those days when you want to just roll up in bed, but it's been a cold dark winter, and my gramma always loves the company

:heart:

gogo

I used to love watching Jim Cantore (from the Weather Channel) report on weather. He is just sooo animated. Just check out this vid. It's from 2 years ago in Plymouth Ma. (about 15 miles from me)

But now I think of him more like the Grim Reaper of weather. Very bad weather follows wherever he goes. And he just landed yesterday in Boston :o I'm in for a bad bad day today lol

• Like! 1

My mom works in Potomac, and they asked her and some other staff to stay over in the seniors residence she works in so they can offer support for the residence. Adult sleep over with supplies and all to weather this storm

Gluck to everyone in the area

:)

gogo

hot hot hot weather in South Africa at the moment... had a bit of relief rain yesterday, chilly morning, but not too cold to wear a short sleeve shirt. got hot again midday... goodluck with all the cold weather up there.

• Like! 1

hot hot hot weather in South Africa at the moment... had a bit of relief rain yesterday, chilly morning, but not too cold to wear a short sleeve shirt. got hot again midday... goodluck with all the cold weather up there.

lol

what id give to be outside in a short sleeve just about now

its long, hanging-on winters like this that make me really appreicate the short flight with summer we have here

gogo

Apparently, it's going to be 88C tomorrow in parts of Britain:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bbc-weatherman-predicts-temperatures-of-88c-for-mothers-day-in-embarrassing-gaffe-but-it-will-be-sunny/ar-BByIyRt?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

Looks like global warming is really happening here...

I dont mind some of that sharing happening with us here after Friday of this weekend with a mini-blizzard... looks like its warming up here, we got an exciting 2 degrees!

:dance:

gogo

At sunday our second did fotos for our oldest daughter: damaged fruit trees. For her studies in arboristic, pratical part, she has to cure damaged trees. As you can see, we had nice sunshine and the evening sky had nice patterns from planes heading to Frankfurt.

post-4779-0-54043900-1490623720_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1

She learned it in the years when she couldn't walk fast because of scar treatment after her accident. She was walking then with an analog 6*6cm camera. She had 12 shots she couldn't preview on an display. So every shot had to be calculated, position, light, ... She couldn't watch the results before being in the darkroom. Even she now is doing digital photos, she does perhaps 20 a day and often deletes all but one.

The tree has these curves because more than half of it broke away when hit by lightning.

She planed this photo for weeks. There are apps for the phone which calculate how the sun will do shadows at a given position and time. So she calculates a route for a walk to catch 4 or 5 positions which are good this day.

Good way to learn maths if it is not forced. She tries to understand how the app works.

• Like! 1

Had a brief relief day again today... was cool, overcast and a bit windy this morning... made me and my BF stay in bed for an hour or two longer... I ended up reading covered up to my nose for 2 more hours after he went to shower and watch RuPaul on his laptop. other days are blistering hot. I had 5 days off, Monday - Friday, and spent the time at home in just pants, all fans on and all doors and windows open hoping for a breeze.

• Like! 1

Had a brief relief day again today... was cool, overcast and a bit windy this morning... made me and my BF stay in bed for an hour or two longer... I ended up reading covered up to my nose for 2 more hours after he went to shower and watch RuPaul on his laptop. other days are blistering hot. I had 5 days off, Monday - Friday, and spent the time at home in just pants, all fans on and all doors and windows open hoping for a breeze.

Ill take one of your blistering hot days, and give you five days of grey drizzle!

:lol:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday we had nice sun at the easter fire on the village hill. But today: snow in the morning and a heavy storm after midday. Several fallen trees were blocking the road to a neighbour village.

u lucked out Mike, and so did we..hola, that whole weekend was lucky for us. cuz had a huge easter egg hunt for all the kids around him at his country house, 30 kids and adults, bon fire, roasting marshmallows, pot luck (love those!!) and prequisite booze

Easter Egg Hunt 2017!!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

We have a drought :( No rain for weeks. We tried to plant some vegs but the first foot of earth is hard as concrete. And since we are not connected to the water supply we need all the water in our well for ourself. Only a fifth of the water as normal the last 6 weeks.