What's the weather like over there?

Haven't seen the sun in sooooooo long, I think it's a myth :D

Been since Sunday that the sun has made an appearance....just foggy, windy and rainy....just dreary weather more appropriate for late Autumn...wind has been blowing 30 mph fairly constantly since Tuesday and supposed to continue through at least Saturday. Highest gusts around here are maybe 50MPH so nothing major...rain has been sporadic, it comes through in waves/bands, so could get a heavy downpour for 20 minutes and then nothing for a couple hours. Have had a Flash Flood Watch up since late Tuesday but doubt anyone has had any issues.

Hopefully Jose will move out by end of the weekend and hopefully it pulls Maria with it.

I want to see the sun..dang lol

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 4:06 PM, Knuckles said:

Haven't seen the sun in sooooooo long, I think it's a myth :D

Been since Sunday that the sun has made an appearance....just foggy, windy and rainy....just dreary weather more appropriate for late Autumn...wind has been blowing 30 mph fairly constantly since Tuesday and supposed to continue through at least Saturday. Highest gusts around here are maybe 50MPH so nothing major...rain has been sporadic, it comes through in waves/bands, so could get a heavy downpour for 20 minutes and then nothing for a couple hours. Have had a Flash Flood Watch up since late Tuesday but doubt anyone has had any issues.

Hopefully Jose will move out by end of the weekend and hopefully it pulls Maria with it.

I want to see the sun..dang lol

And in Montreal today Knuckles, yes shall have it!

Bright, blue, and gloriously sunny...that crispy fall weather (though there's still a lot of leaves on the trees :P) 

8 degrees folks, time to dig out those warm woolies, and get those winter coats set out

:)

gogo

Went out for a morning coffee (Mcdonalds down the road is a buck for a latte ...:bounce:) and saw my breath in the air...

Winter is coming!!  Holee molee almost here...

:oooo:

gogo

Not sure if it was actually a pigeon...Just remember that scene where Sansa is talking to Jon at Winterfell and said a white bird (raven?)  had arrived from the citadel. The bird being white signified 'Winter has begun'

Fall is funny.  It's almost the most difficult time of the season when it comes to wearing clothes... you may walk out dressed for a blizzard, then by mid afternoon , during that small cusp of time where the roads are bright hot dappled light, you have to take everytying off to your t shirt because the temperatures so high, but you feel, nipping away in the background...that cold bite of winter just waiting.

a little creepy yah...but the leaves...!!

:cool:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

The weather actually hasn't been that bad here lately.  It rained once In the past two weeks but everything else has been strangely pleasant.  There's been a nice breeze, and it's not so hot that you feel like you're going to melt in the sun but you also don't wanna freeze.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the weather :o

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Excelsior said:

The weather actually hasn't been that bad here lately.  It rained once In the past two weeks but everything else has been strangely pleasant.  There's been a nice breeze, and it's not so hot that you feel like you're going to melt in the sun but you also don't wanna freeze.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the weather :o

The last weather for last week has been amazing.  In fact, it feels like I'm reflecting your own weather... this past Sunday...heck it was warm enough to be outside with even just a t shirt on... fast forward to yesterday morning... hell no... plus five...  :eek:   lol I hadnt even put on enough outer clothing and only realized it when I walked halfway to the metro

:o

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

We had a crazy rainbow over Montreal yesterday... best part was the rain was kind of coming down in the afternoon as the sun was setting... casting downltown montreal on my way home from work yesterday in an kind of grim, almost post--nuclear pink glow

6hu93c.jpg

gogo

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

We had a crazy rainbow over Montreal yesterday... best part was the rain was kind of coming down in the afternoon as the sun was setting... casting downltown montreal on my way home from work yesterday in an kind of grim, almost post--nuclear pink glow

6hu93c.jpg

gogo

Nice photo gogo.

Weather over here just can't make up its mind... the one day it is cold, the next day it is hot hot hot, the cloudy, the mild, then burning a hole through the roof, the next day rainy...

we're haveing a brilliant day today, with a high of almost 20! :dance: course, this means a lovely time at the local market up on the road that goes over the mountain behind me... 

yum!

1zox9o3.jpg

:chef:

gogo

It's the start of a projected day of torrential rains... great morning for a quick run up the mountain...this is a great landmark near me on the top of the mountain, St Joseph's Oratory...I usually cut through the pews and aisles of this church on my way back home 

:P

34g7xg4.jpg

gogo

A fabulous haloween near my house on the streets going up and down...but I wasnt in this area on Halloweeen much fatther to the east where my aunt and uncl lieve and while walking up the street this snap availed itself, the sky... "twas a dark and spooky night... anyone watching STranger Things...those swrling menacing skies reminded me of this:

69dyqc.jpg

gogo

p.s. Weather's cold now, lets not kid ourselves...brace ourselves kiddos and get out those gloves...WINTER IS HEEYAH

On 10/28/2017 at 1:08 AM, gogoblender said:

You're going to have to do better sir, photo up... I'd love to see some gorgeous South African vision!

:D

gogo

I am not that big on taking photos all the time gogo... I wish I was, but my first instinct is not to grab my phone or camera and click away...

Weather yesterday and today was overcast and rainy, and we had a massive thunderstorm and downpour early morning. and some drizzle during the day... hope we get a few more days like this now, with more rain. We are in a dire situation with massive water shortages in the Western Cape in South 

7 hours ago, Delta! said:

I am not that big on taking photos all the time gogo... I wish I was, but my first instinct is not to grab my phone or camera and click away...

Weather yesterday and today was overcast and rainy, and we had a massive thunderstorm and downpour early morning. and some drizzle during the day... hope we get a few more days like this now, with more rain. We are in a dire situation with massive water shortages in the Western Cape in South 

Theuns, thats just terrifying with the water shortages... how does this impact everyone's lives... are water bottles distributed eg?

:blink:

gogo

Holee MOlee is it ever %$^$% cold!! Just came in from outside, breath is frosting over and my furry shell was barely cutting it... this aint running shoe weather no more... global warming has been banished, WINTER IS HERE

:cstars:

gogo

raining outside ..but that horrible rain where its undecided whether it'll be freezing rain, snow, or just overall horrible... if yer out this morning for a quick run or hike,  theres still some nice views... street behind me:

4v39xd.jpg

A lot of folks were very creative this year for halloween and have left their decorations still adorning their lawns

gogo