What's the weather like over there?

Today it will be partly cloudy with a high today of 62 Fahrenheit (17 Celsius). As much as I like snow, Gogo, I'd trade with you, but I'm just not that Inuit.

• Haha 1

During the past week, we've had up to 5" of rain in the valley and 3' of snow here at beautiful Lake Tahoe.    The lake rose by 3" and the ski resorts opened for the season.    This link shows Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows.    Heavenly Valley and Mt Rose are also open with several feet of fresh snow.    Kirkwood will open next week.   The temperature in Reno will be 70 (21c) and sunny during the Thanksgiving week.   The entire Bay Area (San Francisco area) is expected to come up for the holiday.  :)     

https://squawalpine.roundshot.com/squaw/

• Like! 1
19 hours ago, purringcat said:

During the past week, we've had up to 5" of rain in the valley and 3' of snow here at beautiful Lake Tahoe.    The lake rose by 3" and the ski resorts opened for the season.    This link shows Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows.    Heavenly Valley and Mt Rose are also open with several feet of fresh snow.    Kirkwood will open next week.   The temperature in Reno will be 70 (21c) and sunny during the Thanksgiving week.   The entire Bay Area (San Francisco area) is expected to come up for the holiday.  :)     

https://squawalpine.roundshot.com/squaw/

Such a great part of US!! I guess you ski? HOw terrific... let it snow and never stop you must say! :bounce:  I have been fortunate to hit all the slopes near me here in the Laurentians, and a few along the east coast, but have never made it west yet, but maybe with my  brother next year in Calgary.

You must be able to take the wildest snow pix

:D

gogo

20 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Today it will be partly cloudy with a high today of 62 Fahrenheit (17 Celsius). As much as I like snow, Gogo, I'd trade with you, but I'm just not that Inuit.

ha, no worries.. most folks would rather keep the temperate than have to bear the bone-chilling here... and it soon become that... Ill post you guys through my chattery teeth the next time 

gogo

I hate to rub it in, but...

Sunny and 62 (16.6 C).  Yesterday places were setting record highs in the 70's. The nightly news was at a golf course, and the guy there said it was one of the busiest Black Fridays ever.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, lujate said:

Sunny and 62 (16.6 C).  Yesterday places were setting record highs in the 70's. The nightly news was at a golf course, and the guy there said it was one of the busiest Black Fridays ever.

If that is rubbing it in should I mention the glorious week of ~30°C of weather we've had and will continue to have?

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, lujate said:

aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. I hear the wind howling....

:ooo:

gogo

11 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

If that is rubbing it in should I mention the glorious week of ~30°C of weather we've had and will continue to have?

lol...DB sometimes I swear you're getting weather like that out of a story book :P

Today...here... in the dark, frostbitten winds... I had to pull putt out, dust off, and oil up ... some my Aussie Bad Boys!
IMG_7317.jpg

HAVE AT THEE MISTER SNOW!!

:viking:

gogo

IMG_7318.jpg

We also have summer now in South Africa. Weather is very indecisive lately, but days are usually +-28°C, and sunny. I love summer, but Alex is a northern hemisphere person and prefers cold and winter...

17 hours ago, Delta! said:

We also have summer now in South Africa. Weather is very indecisive lately, but days are usually +-28°C, and sunny. I love summer, but Alex is a northern hemisphere person and prefers cold and winter...

Dry or humid summer where you are Theuns?

:)

gogo

Fire fighter phone alarm 4am, car accident because a rain storm blowing leaves into a sharp curve mid in forest and you can't brake if your tyres are on wet leaves and not on the road...

Another alarm while at work 9pm, same reason just another place...

Short after work a fallen tree had to be removed...

While we were all together and had the equipment: chopped the big x-mas tree for the village market place 3 days earlier than planed and moved it there...

I bet the paid fire-fighters in the big towns have less work ;)

• Like! 1
On 11/27/2017 at 11:24 AM, chattius said:

Fire fighter phone alarm 4am, car accident because a rain storm blowing leaves into a sharp curve mid in forest and you can't brake if your tyres are on wet leaves and not on the road...

Another alarm while at work 9pm, same reason just another place...

Short after work a fallen tree had to be removed...

While we were all together and had the equipment: chopped the big x-mas tree for the village market place 3 days earlier than planed and moved it there...

I bet the paid fire-fighters in the big towns have less work ;)

You're probably the strongers and more agile force Chattius

:)

gogo

On 11/27/2017 at 11:27 AM, Whisky said:

it b foggy

We had some of that yesterday with weather hovering around the zero mark and some vapor hanging around..it's sooooooooooooo dark outside now and time to get ready for work... we'll see what The Mist has brought in today

:oooo:

gogo

weather's warmed out a bit ..well at least "warm" here for montreal... does make the walks home from work pleasant, and ste catherines is always exciting.  New lights are up for christmas!

Gn6RJxO.jpg

gogo

3 hours ago, chattius said:

Wake up!

It's snowing!

Was never easier to wake the kids up on a Sunday morning.

ha

you're lucky they all woke up so easily... Sunday today and I making myself go in for four hours of OverTime for christmas Extra...and pitch black outside... are you guys off to a brunch of activity?

Happy snow Day!

:dance2:

gogo

Enough snow for some cross country skiing, but too much snow storm for alpine skiing on the nearby higher areas. Good thing is: normally we have to drive the kids down to the valley for cinema, youth club, ... Today most kids from valley are where the snow action is, and thats not down where they live or on higher hills.

My field kitchen was producing 300 litres pea soup and the box for a volunteer money spend had 250 euro in, so my costs are covered.

• Like! 1

This mornings landscape features a breakfast at McDonald’s with an old pal who works across the street from me.. these surprise overtime’s come with surprise benefits .. who can say no to a meal with an old friend 

???

gogo

CD24359A-661F-4761-9A58-F1444C93AB7D.jpeg

Well, it's finally going to get relatively cold this weekend in this neck of the woods. Sunday morning low may be at 0 degrees Celsius and clear, blue-hued skies, so there may be a bit of frost on my old friend (below).

abandoned_old_friend.thumb.png.5b1eee8c97dca62bbcbd4e3b78433b74.png