What's the weather like over there?

The weather...

Twins had a soccer match in a rain shower. After 5 minutes both teams had the same coloured tricots/jerseys: mud with some grass spots. My son was playing goalie and was complaining because the others got only 3 shots towards his goal. Wet thick protection clothes and not much chance to warm up with some running...

With the final whistle of the referee rain stopped and sun appeared. The match of the adults was in bright sun.

@knuckles: wet weather and cold fingers. That's why I bought a used multi-copter with a camcorder to check for nests of birds of prey in high trees. I don't want to touch trees with nests when cleaning the forest from some trees for a new access road.

• Like! 1

weather near my mom's place on last day I left ... cherry trees and more cherry blossoms! :bounce:

IMG_9236.jpg

course... its ice rain and minus zero weather here in mtl...

:oooo:

gogo

• Like! 1

It is starting to cool down a bit more, and it is overcast in the early mornings, and we have been blessed with a bit of rain... but we need so much more. The soil dries before the day is halfway done...

Otherwise still sunshiny South Africa

• Like! 1

It's a little bit on the hot side, especially for april, here in southern Germany -- 28 °C/82 °F and not a single cloud to be seen anywhere until maybe monday. Still down to 10/50 over night though, which I'm really glad about.

So when I get up tomorrow, way too early for a sunday at about seven, I'll check if my bike survived the winter and go looking for some sweet, sweet ice cream. That is, if I can get my lower back up.

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, rm3000 said:

It's a little bit on the hot side, especially for april, here in southern Germany -- 28 °C/82 °F and not a single cloud to be seen anywhere until maybe monday. Still down to 10/50 over night though, which I'm really glad about.

So when I get up tomorrow, way too early for a sunday at about seven, I'll check if my bike survived the winter and go looking for some sweet, sweet ice cream. That is, if I can get my lower back up.

28 degrees ? wow... POOL WEATHER! :bounce:  That is kinda warm...but perfect for t shirt and shorts..im getting so tired of wearing layers and feather coats outside..but yesterday actually the sun was so bright and hot in afternoon...I bared a t shirt for a few hours while getting groceries...the good sweet short summer is coming... we're looking at six degrees today..

wooo hoo!

:dance:

gogo

Sunday,  BBQ at a friends place 3 miles away.

16:30 30C, sunny

16:35 20C, hail storm with heavy lightnings, phoned home to close the storm doors

16:40 16C, rain storm

16:45 16C, flooding of the local rivelet starting because of a mud slide from just worked farmland

16:50 16C, daughter number 2 answers: which storm, we were sunbathing, no heavy weather at our house, she just heard a bit of thunder from the other side of the hill

I think weather researchers call this micro climate

Wife smiled and said our daughter had her boy friend visiting, could be the reason for not recognizing a storm this near

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We finally got some good weather... in fact roaring warm yesterday at about 18 degrees we hit :dance:.. but I have caught some sort of evil dead cold that has me lurching about like a zombie...had to take yesterday off work and will even do so today just to get some strength back... 

come back here cough syrup... I think Nyquil is heavenly

ABC_34_01.jpg

:sleep:

gogo

We're finally getting some good weather too. Clouds in the sky with a nice wet morning after a cold night. Hoping this leads to oodles of rain. We had 88mm in three days last week, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what we need to end this water crisis. So tired of having 90 second showers and buckets everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Delta! said:

We're finally getting some good weather too. Clouds in the sky with a nice wet morning after a cold night. Hoping this leads to oodles of rain. We had 88mm in three days last week, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what we need to end this water crisis. So tired of having 90 second showers and buckets everywhere.

Really Theuns... its so dry everyone is collecting water in buckets? Do you have to cleanse or purify the water after?

:)

gogo

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Really Theuns... its so dry everyone is collecting water in buckets? Do you have to cleanse or purify the water after?

gogo

We catch and use the first bit of cold water from the showers to water our plants, and sometimes for the toilets, other households use it mainly for toilets. With just two people showering we can water our garden at least 2ce a week. We don't drink that water. The tap water in Franschhoek is very clean and drinkable. 

• Like! 1
1 minute ago, Veracious said:

New York finally hit the 70's Fahrenheit. bright and sunny. I'm ecstatic. 

Sounds awesome! you must be out in the sun with a wall and a ball, finally happy your season is here! :superman:

And we've had super weather in the mid twenties here, looks like its the real thing... snow Be GONE!

:mafia:

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Sounds awesome! you must be out in the sun with a wall and a ball, finally happy your season is here! :superman:

And we've had super weather in the mid twenties here, looks like its the real thing... snow Be GONE!

:mafia:

gogo

I've been out a few times playing ball already. It's wonderful lol. And congratulations on evicting your snow lol

Was walking home back from Avengers Infinity War... (AMAZING BTW :bounce: ) ...  beautiful weather with brilliant light and clouds... all reflected against this insane glass building that just got built downtown:

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9459.jpg

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Veracious said:

Third garbage Saturday in a row. So disappointing. 

Rain? Sorry veracious that sucks 😕...we got a break today here on mil... the sun is roaring 🌞 

🌞

gogo

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Rain? Sorry veracious that sucks 😕...we got a break today here on mil... the sun is roaring 🌞 

🌞

gogo

Rain all weekend. Couldn't ball and couldn't do yard work. Completely useless weekend. Back to work tomorrow

2 hours ago, Veracious said:

Rain all weekend. Couldn't ball and couldn't do yard work. Completely useless weekend. Back to work tomorrow

I really hope it gets better.  My mom's down in Bethesda, and she's saying they had soggy weather last two days.  Yah, I always really push what I can do on Sundays, hoping to get a "fill" of activitiy before returning to work on Monday for the long week

gogo

Sunday was mother's day in Germany. The weather forecast map was painted red: warning for hail, heavy rain, storm, ... However it was sunny , calm and good BBQ weather for 70 family members. We planed to use the barn we had emptied. But watching the rain and cloud radar online: a small stripe with no clouds was at our place. So we could do the BBQ outside.

I had mixed feelings because we are not connected to the water supply and forced to use our water supply well which reaches deep into the hill. Also the forest around was dry like cinder. So we needed rain badly. We had luck; rained all night and at morning the sun is here again ;)

• Like! 1

all hail the return of the sun...! Rain is a downer :(   I've invested in some good rain gear so I can get outside and stay there jogging, who wouldnt want to stay out in the bright blue sky :D

IMG_9530.jpg

gogo

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Veracious said:

Now long island is due for rain all week through Saturday. I can't get a break. 

Hoping you get an extra long summer as recompense ^^

gogo