What's the weather like over there?

10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hoping you get an extra long summer as recompense ^^

:)

gogo

Me too. Especially since we've essentially skipped spring 

1 hour ago, Veracious said:

Me too. Especially since we've essentially skipped spring 

Maybe if you keep hearing how finally good the weather is here after being winter locked with walls of snow, raging blizzards, and sheets of pelting rain this will augur well for you... strong good JuJu coming your way!

:superman:

gogo

On 5/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, gogoblender said:

Maybe if you keep hearing how finally good the weather is here after being winter locked with walls of snow, raging blizzards, and sheets of pelting rain this will augur well for you... strong good JuJu coming your way!

gogo

Friday was kind enough to dry up in the afternoon so I was able to play ball from 530-730pm. But today and Sunday and Monday are supposed to rain still. And wth happened to spring? 

On 5/19/2018 at 11:54 PM, Veracious said:

Friday was kind enough to dry up in the afternoon so I was able to play ball from 530-730pm. But today and Sunday and Monday are supposed to rain still. And wth happened to spring? 

You've made it out into the clear.. outstanding! :dance:

Last few days have been absolutely brilliant here in MTL... dry weather, some wind, and blue blue skies... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... summahs' heeyah!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

You've made it out into the clear.. outstanding! :dance:

Last few days have been absolutely brilliant here in MTL... dry weather, some wind, and blue blue skies... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... summahs' heeyah!

gogo

Nope. Had to come home after work today when it was 80 outside and tomorrow is going to friggin rain. Holy Hannah!

23 hours ago, Veracious said:

Nope. Had to come home after work today when it was 80 outside and tomorrow is going to friggin rain. Holy Hannah!

We just got hit with rain too. Mom's down visiting from Bethesda, and we all just gorged on goat and chicken roti... :drool:  http://www.caribbeancurryhouse.com/content/6-caribbean-curry-house-menu

38 years of goodness!!

446763b71e2c2c9a4e85de4d5e18111bf861203a_authentic_caribbean.jpg

caribbean_curry_roti_1.jpg

... walk back would have been good to walk it off, but taking the bus back was kind of a grey, dismal ending of drips

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1

While I was happy for a light rain lasting hours which filled my well: my brother's cellar was flooded just 25 kilometres away. Heavy rain storm and a mud slide downstream made the water raise 3 metres higher than ever before at his place,

Brought him my pumps and industrial dryer. After work whole family will be busy with clean up. 

• Like! 1

MOOOORNING wonderful peeps ... fight away the dismal greys outside and find your inner sun...and..if you cant... go see a movie! :lol:

... and. today is my last day of a two day week at work...WOO HOO... after done at 5 30 its off for hamburgers  for dinner for mom's bday and... dom dom dom dom ... Han Solo!!

:starwars:

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

MOOOORNING wonderful peeps ... fight away the dismal greys outside and find your inner sun...and..if you cant... go see a movie! :lol:

... and. today is my last day of a two day week at work...WOO HOO... after done at 5 30 its off for hamburgers  for dinner for mom's bday and... dom dom dom dom ... Han Solo!!

:starwars:

gogo

I'm more of a Deadpool 2 guy, myself lol.  I loved it. So funny. And what a lead up for the next movie. 

Never was a huge star wars fan though. I liked the originals but not like real fans do.

20 hours ago, Veracious said:

I'm more of a Deadpool 2 guy, myself lol.  I loved it. So funny. And what a lead up for the next movie. 

Never was a huge star wars fan though. I liked the originals but not like real fans do.

heh, I got the movies wrong... we actually watched Deadpool 2 last night... OUTSTANDING!  I love deadpool's take on superheroes.  A wholly adult view of super powers but juxatposed against very relatable normal human issues with his awesome CANADIAN brand of humor ? :4rofl: ...

This was a late night view(at least for me) after work where I hooked up with family for some food, drinks and good ole movie watching... this weekend is the second half of the double whammy, and we gots a date with Star wars!

:dance:

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

heh, I got the movies wrong... we actually watched Deadpool 2 last night... OUTSTANDING!  I love deadpool's take on superheroes.  A wholly adult view of super powers but juxatposed against very relatable normal human issues with his awesome CANADIAN brand of humor ? :4rofl: ...

This was a late night view(at least for me) after work where I hooked up with family for some food, drinks and good ole movie watching... this weekend is the second half of the double whammy, and we gots a date with Star wars!

:dance:

gogo

Omg it was so good lmao. I can't imagine a better fit than Ryan Reynolds for Deadpool. Some of it was a little slow paced for me but over all I loved it. I can't say much I don't wanna be a spoil sport. I loved the end and very happy with the mid and post credit additions.  

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

today... rain... sooooooo ...much ...raaaaaaaaaain....

:oooo:

gogo

Send it our way... We won't say no to lots of rain. We need it soooo much.

20 hours ago, Delta! said:

Send it our way... We won't say no to lots of rain. We need it soooo much.

Sending good, rainy thoughts your way Monsieur!

:wizard:

On a good note... mom's here in town for some days while visiting Ammamma ...three days now of "cx servicing" my Ammamma who's like 93 years old.  We've discovered that she loves to go out, and is sick of staying at the home... so restos it is!

IMG_9805.jpg

Piri Piri chicken with some fries and assorted cheesecakes... and adorable Ammamma who loves to look out at the sun dappled scenery but always ready to say whats on her mind in a heartbeat

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

30+ Celcius for days. So it happened what everyone was expecting: a heavy thunder storm. Our  local fire fighters were alarmed for in just 2 hours: 3 lightnings into houses with hard to access fires below roof slates, dozen flooded cellars and fallen trees...

All was in neighbour villages. Our village was lucky again. The clouds were climbing up to pass the small mountains and lost rain while climbing. So one side of the hill flood , other side not enough rain for even watering the flowers around the house.

• Like! 1

That's a serious heatwave, Chattius.... call out for ice cream if you can get it ! :bounce: ... much milder here right now... and in fact, im taking my Ammamma out for lunch and getting her some new eyeglasses!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Preparing for the Sonnenwendfeuer (big fires on hill top to celebrate the solstice) for saturday.

We sell food and drinks while the fire. The money goes to the youth department of the volunteer fire fighters. No longer the big heat and the rain 5 days ago allows to do it without risk of forest fires. No rain or storm predicted and temperatures around 15 Celcius. So around the fire it should be warm but not too warm.

• Like! 1
18 minutes ago, chattius said:

Preparing for the Sonnenwendfeuer (big fires on hill top to celebrate the solstice) for saturday.

We sell food and drinks while the fire. The money goes to the youth department of the volunteer fire fighters. No longer the big heat and the rain 5 days ago allows to do it without risk of forest fires. No rain or storm predicted and temperatures around 15 Celcius. So around the fire it should be warm but not too warm.

yummy weather.. always my favorite range... least while im in "work zone"...course at the beach in August... all bets are off...bring on the sun!

gogo

Icy cold and overcast for the past 2 weeks. Getting lots of rain which is wonderful.

Rivers has started flowing again, dam levels are very slowly rising, the plants that survive the cold and still has leaves are lush and green... it can rain more and we won't mind.

4 hours ago, Delta! said:

Icy cold and overcast for the past 2 weeks. Getting lots of rain which is wonderful.

Rivers has started flowing again, dam levels are very slowly rising, the plants that survive the cold and still has leaves are lush and green... it can rain more and we won't mind.

This is one of the most aweseome parts of this forum.  That you can have such opposite weather from us and we're just here chatting... just astonishing and so cool

Here's to heavy rains for you Monsieur Theuns

:dance2:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

We had 3 months off high pressure, with no rain.
From 2nd may to 31st july we had 13 mm off rain total.
That resulted in 21 bushfires, so had a busy summer with 50 hour workweeks and alot off fires.
Weather changed around 1st august to normal with rain now and then and only around 20 ish degrees celsius.

visne-traer-22072018a.png
From july all Brown including trees.

• 1 month later...

Sadly (?) a year with a record of heat days: 100+ days with more than 25 Celcius. Its Germany and normal strawberries never never blossomed a second time and harvesting them again end of September was nice. But I would have preferred more normal weather.

I never had a September when I found not a single mushroom when I walked pre lunch with the dogs.

Yesterday while cutting away heat-broken branches from the fruit trees there were loud noises in the sky: hundreds and hundreds of cranes circling in the sky using the thermic at our hills. Didn't expected them - I was feeling like summer but the cranes knew better.

22 hours ago, chattius said:

Sadly (?) a year with a record of heat days: 100+ days with more than 25 Celcius. Its Germany and normal strawberries never never blossomed a second time and harvesting them again end of September was nice. But I would have preferred more normal weather.

I never had a September when I found not a single mushroom when I walked pre lunch with the dogs.

Yesterday while cutting away heat-broken branches from the fruit trees there were loud noises in the sky: hundreds and hundreds of cranes circling in the sky using the thermic at our hills. Didn't expected them - I was feeling like summer but the cranes knew better.

Weather keeps astonishing me with how strange and scary its becoming. 

Chattius, having hot weather in the 25's all the way to October:) I'd actually not be too unhappy about that if it was here in MTL as cold weather here  is unbelievably cold, and makes even going out for short trips for errands very unpleasant. 

Hoping your temperatures become better for you and you get your season back

:)

gogo

It reached up to 37C with no rain for weeks.

You may remember that we are not connected to the normal water supply. Our deep well was nearly empty pretty fast and a total dry out would have destroyed the bricks inside. Thirteen 5 tons water containers  needed, that's 4 more than in all the 20 years we live here now together.

Never never never wish for hot sunny weather when there is no rain to balance it ;(

On 10/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, chattius said:

It reached up to 37C with no rain for weeks.

You may remember that we are not connected to the normal water supply. Our deep well was nearly empty pretty fast and a total dry out would have destroyed the bricks inside. Thirteen 5 tons water containers  needed, that's 4 more than in all the 20 years we live here now together.

Never never never wish for hot sunny weather when there is no rain to balance it ;(

Ah geez Chattius, that sounds awful.

Where I am, it's been really beautiful out for the last few days!  I'm not one to spend long periods of time outside, but I've been doing this more often because I want to enjoy this while it lasts.  We don't get great weather like this often, so I'm trying to savour it while I still can :ohmy:

• Like! 1