What's the weather like over there?

21 hours ago, Excelsior said:

Ah geez Chattius, that sounds awful.

Where I am, it's been really beautiful out for the last few days!  I'm not one to spend long periods of time outside, but I've been doing this more often because I want to enjoy this while it lasts.  We don't get great weather like this often, so I'm trying to savour it while I still can :ohmy:

Ah, indeed, the weather here as worsened.  The skies are grey and it's been raining all day.  It'll probably stay that way for awhile now :cry:

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

We've had really awesome weather here too in the past few days in Montreal. Course, all good things do change... we're expecting that icy cold blast soon... 

Enjoying the trees though

IMG_0264.jpg

:)

gogo

The trees definitely do look nice!  Glad you've been having some good weather too :) 

Lots of 

1 hour ago, Excelsior said:

The trees definitely do look nice!  Glad you've been having some good weather too :) 

Lots of construction going on as well... check out this SICK construction/destruction machine!!!

This hurrican weather off the East Coast is making for some wild lighting and huge winds... did something different today and got home walking over the mountain here in MTL rather than walking around it...but glad I did, the sky and sun were amazing...but ... as they say in GOT...Winter..is coming

:devil:

gogo

sun3.jpg

The Winter left us in a big hurry, and all of a sudden it is HOT!, I went from 3 pairs of sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, 2 hoodies and a thick insulator jacket, to shorts, t-shirt and sandals in about a week.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:52 AM, Delta! said:

The Winter left us in a big hurry, and all of a sudden it is HOT!, I went from 3 pairs of sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, 2 hoodies and a thick insulator jacket, to shorts, t-shirt and sandals in about a week.

aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I dream about wearing sandals...that word is so beautiful and such a mnemonic for breezy days and beach walks...

Yah yesterday when I went out I realized that my layering system wasnt working anymore, :lol:... its time for real awesome cold weather wear!!

And... got a pair of these to run out side and keep me warm... woot! On super sale down almost a hunded bux off... this is always best time of the year to get the best Asics for Jogging

:D

gogo

IMG_0171.jpg

• Like! 1

we're looking at zero's and minus threes... on my way home, the sky is so bright...inspirational walk... though the sun sets scarily fast!

:O

gogo

IMG_0412.jpgIMG_0423.jpg

:pump:

gogo

We are in the high 20's low 30's, and it is supposed to be only spring... we do have a heat wave that apparently is just getting started, although it feels like it has been going for about 3 weeks now... October showed up and BAM! I will be honest, so far, I am loving it. I had enough of the cold, and being lonely and cold, heaters, 5 blankets and electric blanket. now I can wear shorts and t-shirts again WOHOOOOOO!

• Like! 1

A third of the spruce trees is dying because of the heat in the summer. Not enough water, so they had to few resin to fight bark beetles. In a healthy tree the beetles are trapped in resin once they try to pierce through the bark :(

14 hours ago, chattius said:

A third of the spruce trees is dying because of the heat in the summer. Not enough water, so they had to few resin to fight bark beetles. In a healthy tree the beetles are trapped in resin once they try to pierce through the bark :(

Devastating, Chattius, I hope the heat wave passes 

:oooo:

gogo

23 hours ago, Delta! said:

We are in the high 20's low 30's, and it is supposed to be only spring... we do have a heat wave that apparently is just getting started, although it feels like it has been going for about 3 weeks now... October showed up and BAM! I will be honest, so far, I am loving it. I had enough of the cold, and being lonely and cold, heaters, 5 blankets and electric blanket. now I can wear shorts and t-shirts again WOHOOOOOO!

Shorts and T Shirts... lovely! I can never get enuff of that weather... course...today's the first day of snow here in MTL... and the flakes are coming down hard

:lol:

gogo

25 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Shorts and T Shirts... lovely! I can never get enuff of that weather... course...today's the first day of snow here in MTL... and the flakes are coming down hard

:lol:

gogo

Move to South Africa... our summers are long and HOT :gogo::evil:, and in some regions you can even wear short and t-shirt for about 10-11 months a year... during the day, the nights might get a bit colder then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 6:44 PM, Delta! said:

Move to South Africa... our summers are long and HOT :gogo::evil:, and in some regions you can even wear short and t-shirt for about 10-11 months a year... during the day, the nights might get a bit colder then.

Hot weather is always a draw...lol the reason why my mom wont come settle here in Canada... too much good weather down in the states:lol:

And...  cool shot of a visit this weekend up in my cousin's farm in the country. Can't beat time with family out in the country!!!

IMG_0689.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Leaves falling, snowy rain, freezing the night and made the leaves a mix of leaves, water and ice. Sure as hell there were cars sliding from the street. My fire fighter app alarmed first time at 4am. There are times when it is better to switch the electronic assists off. With a blockading wheel the leaves would have turned into a barrier, with electronics the wheel keeps rotating and rolls over smaller heaps of leaf when driving downhill, sometimes not slowing down at all.

My family spends one day a year at a race track. Safety training connected with some racing who does the fastest lap.

• Like! 1
12 hours ago, chattius said:

Leaves falling, snowy rain, freezing the night and made the leaves a mix of leaves, water and ice. Sure as hell there were cars sliding from the street. My fire fighter app alarmed first time at 4am. There are times when it is better to switch the electronic assists off. With a blockading wheel the leaves would have turned into a barrier, with electronics the wheel keeps rotating and rolls over smaller heaps of leaf when driving downhill, sometimes not slowing down at all.

My family spends one day a year at a race track. Safety training connected with some racing who does the fastest lap.

whew... im glad you got through that chattius... its funny how electronics sometimes just doesnt cut it, no matter how its advertised.  That day at the race track sounds fun.  We have some great outings available here in MTL as the city has a mountain at it's center, Park Mount Royal, and events are seasonal wide.  Best ones are when the snow comes in and Beaver Lake gets iced over for skating... Montreal style Winter!

:)

gogo

2 hours ago, chattius said:

I have to flood a flat field for skating. No calm lake around and the temperature is around zero but to uncertain yet.

Hope that flooding goes well and you're able to get some good skating out of this season :)  Wanted to go see my Ammamma today, but some freezing rain is looking to ground me with the minus four out there.  hmmm, maybe ill do a bunch of posts online at DarkMatters today!

muhahahha... no mercy for y'all! 

:devil:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...