What's the weather like over there?

9 hours ago, gogoblender said:

and of course... blizzard...

IMG_1197.jpg

:oooo:

gogo

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!  I don't know what I would do in a situation like that... I would be bundled up in layers and layers of clothes, then blankets, then heaters, then more blankets, in bed, covered in duvets and hot water bottles...

Good luck there gogo. We have sunshine and the occasional cooling breeze.

• Haha 1

Rain and storm for 2 days now

The soccer club didn't cancel the match for 8 years old. Was very funny too watch. All teams had mud-coloured tricots in a few minutes and it was hard to tell who is who. For kicking the ball there were two possibilities: play it low and it stops in a mud pit or play it high and watch where the storm will blow the ball.

I had a mobile oven with me and was heating Kinderpunsch for the players.

Hard to describe what a Kinderpunsch is. Luckily someone did this already in English ;)

https://www.veggiepotnpan.com/kinderpunsch-german-christmas-punch-non-alcoholic/

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Delta! said:

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!  I don't know what I would do in a situation like that... I would be bundled up in layers and layers of clothes, then blankets, then heaters, then more blankets, in bed, covered in duvets and hot water bottles...

Good luck there gogo. We have sunshine and the occasional cooling breeze.

lol! Im also kinda imagining myself in your position... if I'd never been around extreme cold before without proper jackets... all the sweaters and blankets I'd have to grab and wrap with :lol: 

The cool thing is that there's a huge industry here with the influx of snow and cold climate... the massive lake we have here in the middle of the city gets frozen and its used as a terrific ice skating rink for the city with a beautiful and warm chalet... has good hot chocolate in it as well.

And of course... we cant forget the skiing only fifty minutes away

:D

gogo

+2ish... not so cold...but great for walking around my awesome city. From almost anywhere in it you can look up and see the mountain and the buildings on it. I'll show you guys the pond where we can skate when it gets even colder. 

IMG_1360.jpg

We did our three birthdays on Sunday. Early in the morning it started to snow. Way more guests than expected because we had enough snow for ski and sledges. So families drove uphill for the snow and thought our triple birthday party at he firefighter hall at the marketplace would be a food selling winter market for the people.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

We did our three birthdays on Sunday. Early in the morning it started to snow. Way more guests than expected because we had enough snow for ski and sledges. So families drove uphill for the snow and thought our triple birthday party at he firefighter hall at the marketplace would be a food selling winter market for the people.

A successful and happy Christmas party ! Please send over any left overs 😃❤️😃

• 2 weeks later...

heh havent really gotten out much as my mom has jailed me at home till im a bit better...but one on allowed night out to a movie was nice weather here in 'bethesda... about 3?

Here's a pic of the mall near where she lives... nice lights...that bristling effect down with the sash wrapped about the front of the building is marvelous

IMG_1442.jpg

:)

gogo

We are sitting with temperatures in the high 30's (degrees Celsius) most days... although yesterday we had a surprise burst of rain, and it had a lovely cooling effect on the valley, I think that God felt the appreciation so today was also cloudy and overcast, with a few drops falling now and then... everyone is thankful for the break from the heat.

Good luck with your freezing temperatures there gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Minus thirty with Windchill yesterday...almost dont wanna even know what its like outside my door...all I know is the rads are pumping out some serious heat to keep the building warm... 

gogo

And... just before going outside to work... a friendly reminder from the news:

We’re in for a cold one, with a high of minus 14 and wind chill of minus 32 in the morning and minus 20 in the afternoon. There is a risk of frostbite, Environment Canada warns.

hmmm at least no Tyrano saurus rex alerts today

:lol:

gogo

geesh. and here we are sweating... and I am only sitting in minimal clothing to stay cool...we had a high of 32. fans and aircons are constantly on trying to create a cooler environment.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, Delta! said:

geesh. and here we are sweating... and I am only sitting in minimal clothing to stay cool...we had a high of 32. fans and aircons are constantly on trying to create a cooler environment.

heh, this weather thread at this time of year actually comforts me during these sub zero weathers... hearing that you have it hot gives me hope that the its summer somewhere in the world and itll be soon on our way to us in Spring!

:)

gogo

p.s. and... get ready for it... -35 with windchill factor... aieeeeeeeeeeeeee ;oooo:  

Good Luck there in the Northern hemisphere.

I will soak up the sun and heat for when Our winter(which does not compare with yours) returns....

21 hours ago, Delta! said:

Good Luck there in the Northern hemisphere.

I will soak up the sun and heat for when Our winter(which does not compare with yours) returns....

Keep on with the sun!

And in the meanwhile folks... how bout a nasty blizzard on us? this ones so bad we're expecting powerlines to go down and theyre telling people to stay off the roads:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-is-being-clobbered-by-an-unusual-uncomfortable-blizzard?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Ym78bsblgmv33tFlpAOnrxGLugvyrzofxEQnwF39uKTEY8KqgwJvtb4Y#

gogo

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Keep on with the sun!

And in the meanwhile folks... how bout a nasty blizzard on us? this ones so bad we're expecting powerlines to go down and theyre telling people to stay off the roads:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-is-being-clobbered-by-an-unusual-uncomfortable-blizzard?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Ym78bsblgmv33tFlpAOnrxGLugvyrzofxEQnwF39uKTEY8KqgwJvtb4Y#

gogo

Mmm sun down here for sure. Last week we had a few days in a row of 40°C+ (104°F) across a large part of the country with a fairly large proportion of that hitting 45°C (113°F) and some hitting 50°C (122°F).

Fortunately, along the coast where I am it was much more pleasant (30-35°C / 86-95°F). I can't imagine what a blizzard like you describe would be like Gogo, I've been to the snow at some of our local mountains, but I've never actually seen it snowing so it's quite incomprehensible!

im just kind of imagining that kind of heat right now...that'll keep me warm... here's a video I took this morning when shooting out quickly to get some milk. for the morning ceral...

and this is how we have to dress up to weather it:
IMG_1837.jpg

thats actually  me with three layers on top of my head plus a few layers one is a feather coat, plus long underwear...lol its such an effort to just go out side to get milk

gogo

Goodness Gracious Me...  

I can not even begin to think about how to deal with that. 

DB I am way more used to the weather that you are describing. 

I still have not even touched snow, or seen it up close...

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

im just kind of imagining that kind of heat right now...that'll keep me warm... here's a video I took this morning when shooting out quickly to get some milk. for the morning ceral...

and this is how we have to dress up to weather it:
IMG_1837.jpg

thats actually  me with three layers on top of my head plus a few layers one is a feather coat, plus long underwear...lol its such an effort to just go out side to get milk

gogo

You must REALLY love milk. Personally, I would find something else to pour over my breakfast cereal or just have pancakes instead. Here in east Texas it snows occasionally, but there are either just flurries that melt when they touch the ground or there is a small accumulation. Yet, snow covering the ground only happens every five to ten years. Tonight it will be near or just below freezing and it's mostly sunny today. However, the past year here it's been very wet and my back pasture has been so muddy that it nearly tugs my muck boots off. It's been raining too much (still) for things to dry out, but Fred, my palomino never complains as long as he gets (overfed) twice a day.

After watching your video (the audio and video quality is amazing) I now see that your excursion was more like a quest for the milk! Even with all the layers I don't think I could stay warm for long in that sort of cold. By the way, at what temperature does WiFi freeze?

:huh:

4 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

After watching your video (the audio and video quality is amazing) I now see that your excursion was more like a quest for the milk! Even with all the layers I don't think I could stay warm for long in that sort of cold. By the way, at what temperature does WiFi freeze?

:huh:

heh... good question ... and we never ever ever wanna know that :lol:... luckily our power and wifi both held out *knocks on wood*  .... they say it was the coldest snow storm in 100 yrs here in MTL... 

IMG_1840.jpgIMG_1831.jpgIMG_1838.jpg

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

heh... good question ... and we never ever ever wanna know that :lol:... luckily our power and wifi both held out *knocks on wood*  .... they say it was the coldest snow storm in 100 yrs here in MTL... 

IMG_1840.jpgIMG_1831.jpgIMG_1838.jpg

The coldest in 100 years! :twitch: You simply must tell us what the temperature was (for the record) because that's simply amazing. I'll wager that most people there were going about their business as usual as if it were no big deal. Am I right?