What's the weather like over there?

Not to trivialize your plight, Theuns, but I thought that a little joke might add a bit of levity in this situation.

knock knock!

Who's there?

Spoiler

Ash

Spoiler

Ash who?

Spoiler

Gesundheit!

I'm relieved to know that you are all out of danger now!

The fire is now completely put out. the mountain has lots of black scars and there is still a lot of smoke in the sky. I am just glad that the fire is not burning anymore...

Thank you all for the well wishes and support

On 2/23/2019 at 3:22 PM, Delta! said:

The fire is now completely put out. the mountain has lots of black scars and there is still a lot of smoke in the sky. I am just glad that the fire is not burning anymore...

So happy to hear its over, it must have been a pressure having to go through all that, pressure for everyone.

:)

gogo

On 2/23/2019 at 2:22 PM, Delta! said:

I certainly hope that all is back to normal for you and the residents of your town and I imagine the job of getting rid of all the ash has been an odious chore. I would wager that it found its way into the smallest and tightest of places and cleaning it inside homes and businesses such as your restaurant has been a real nightmare. Best wishes, Theuns!

• 2 weeks later...

A day without TV and Internet...

Heavy storm day. Antenna for internet access to Access Point down in village, antenna for TV satellites all swinging happily. 

40 minutes ago, chattius said:

A day without TV and Internet...

Heavy storm day. Antenna for internet access to Access Point down in village, antenna for TV satellites all swinging happily. 

noooooooooooooooooooo that is awful Chattius!

But... you're so lucky that it's almost in your bones that you and your family are a part of the out doors... is it really bad storming like hail and rain, or snow thats actually kind of fun to look at and perhaps ski in?

Hoping that your net and tv comes back soon...uprising have happened for less

:sun:

gogo

Allowed only x-Country skiining in the open for the Kids. Forest streets were and are still too dangerous. We got heavy snow at a just below freezing temperature in evening. So the snow load on some trees was too high together with the storm. Busy with chain saw between 5am and 6am to free the downhill road. 

• Like! 1

Well it’s windy. We’re still stuck in London since all flights yesterday got cancelled, our first rebooked flight got cancelled, and now our second flight has a delay as well.

:dntknw:

Jolly good times I say chaps. 

Update: it’s been some time now but we’re still sitting in the plane on the runway in London...

Edited by Timotheus

Well ny is going to have a relatively warm week. Spring starts this month but who knows if the weather will agree. I just can't wait to be outside again. I hate the cold. 

Well, the cold very quickly came this way... 

It feels like autumn was to shy to even show its's face... we went from HOT to cold in a matter of a few days... I know it is probably going to get colder still, I know that this is just the beginning... but WHY? I am not ready for the cold yet... I want sunshine and daisies and butter mellow... and you don't even have to turn a stupid fat rat yellow...

• Haha 1
On 3/11/2019 at 3:37 AM, chattius said:

Allowed only x-Country skiining in the open for the Kids. Forest streets were and are still too dangerous. We got heavy snow at a just below freezing temperature in evening. So the snow load on some trees was too high together with the storm. Busy with chain saw between 5am and 6am to free the downhill road. 

Just hearing about all the snow activities is thrilling

gogo

On 3/11/2019 at 7:18 AM, Timotheus said:

Well it’s windy. We’re still stuck in London since all flights yesterday got cancelled, our first rebooked flight got cancelled, and now our second flight has a delay as well.

:dntknw:

Jolly good times I say chaps. 

Update: it’s been some time now but we’re still sitting in the plane on the runway in London...

Sorry I just go to this so late... I cant imagine what it must have been like not only not getting the original connections but ALSO getting held off for the second... a la peanuts ... "Argghhhhhhh!" ... :hugs:

You both must have had an amazing weekend? all ready and set up for the move/

:D

gogo

On 3/11/2019 at 3:12 PM, Veracious said:

Well ny is going to have a relatively warm week. Spring starts this month but who knows if the weather will agree. I just can't wait to be outside again. I hate the cold. 

hell ya,.. Wall Ball!!

Seasons in soon?

a little friendly spring sports action!

:viking:

gogo

On 3/11/2019 at 6:50 PM, Delta! said:

Well, the cold very quickly came this way... 

It feels like autumn was to shy to even show its's face... we went from HOT to cold in a matter of a few days... I know it is probably going to get colder still, I know that this is just the beginning... but WHY? I am not ready for the cold yet... I want sunshine and daisies and butter mellow... and you don't even have to turn a stupid fat rat yellow...

ha...and just a few days ago you were saying how everyone was turning into puddles :4rofl: .. will the skies become greyer actually? Has there ever actually been any snow where you are?

gogo

We have leftover piles of hard snow...this is the dirty crusty stuff that never seems to leave and leaves behind piles of salt and dirty mittens :lol: ,,,, when this stuff's all cleared spring is here, and we can just walk/hike up to the mountain behind us!

image.png

gogo

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

ha...and just a few days ago you were saying how everyone was turning into puddles :4rofl: .. will the skies become greyer actually? Has there ever actually been any snow where you are?

gogo

Yes, just a few weeks ago, it was still nice and hot, I could walk around the house in shorts, with out a shirt, and I was at a great temperature... that is why I want summer.

Yes it does snow here, but only on the coldest days, and only high on the mountain tops where I can't get to to touch the snow... so I have "seen"snow, just very far away. and then the Valley feels like it freezes, all the cold air rushing down from 3 sides...

• Like! 1
19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

hell ya,.. Wall Ball!!

Seasons in soon?

a little friendly spring sports action!

:viking:

gogo

I hope so. I day dream about it constantly. 

• Like! 1
20 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Sorry I just go to this so late... I cant imagine what it must have been like not only not getting the original connections but ALSO getting held off for the second... a la peanuts ... "Argghhhhhhh!" ... :hugs:

You both must have had an amazing weekend? all ready and set up for the move/

:D

gogo

The weekend was nice yea :) weather in London itself wasn't too bad at all either. Just the Netherlands... 

• Like! 1

we had some seriously awesome weather up in Alexandria at my cousin's home / farm... my nephew Jake has taken a fancy to scootering on the ice with their dog... crispy cold weather, and sun...lots of sun :sun:

image.png

:gogo:

gogo

• 2 months later...

I have hafd a bit of a shock. 

Coming to Namibia to visit family of my Fiance. I thought it might be a bit warmer than Franschhoek. I have been wearing shorts, Tshirt and slip-on-sandals the entire time. But I fid not expect it to be like a second summer time... I am loving it.... Alex not so much, he loves the cold, and coming back from the Bahamas, he wanted the late Autumn/beginning winter weather... 

Spending time with his family and meeting people that knew him from a younger age has been interesting. 

I do not have pictures of the "weather" outside. But I will try and take a picture or two tomorrow...

Hope you all have pleasant weather!?

10 hours ago, Delta! said:

I have hafd a bit of a shock. 

Coming to Namibia to visit family of my Fiance. I thought it might be a bit warmer than Franschhoek. I have been wearing shorts, Tshirt and slip-on-sandals the entire time. But I fid not expect it to be like a second summer time... I am loving it.... Alex not so much, he loves the cold, and coming back from the Bahamas, he wanted the late Autumn/beginning winter weather... 

Spending time with his family and meeting people that knew him from a younger age has been interesting. 

I do not have pictures of the "weather" outside. But I will try and take a picture or two tomorrow...

Hope you all have pleasant weather!?

Its been quite sunny and hot here in MTL... finally! And "cool' to hear that that the weather's been hot there as well.  I spent some time looking up more info about Namibia online... that land scape is just so drop dead gorgeous...  and so un populated.. Montreal's population is almost two million... lol close to Namibia's? :o 

Is that country's population so low because of lack of rain?

gogo