What's the weather like over there?

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Its been quite sunny and hot here in MTL... finally! And "cool' to hear that that the weather's been hot there as well.  I spent some time looking up more info about Namibia online... that land scape is just so drop dead gorgeous...  and so un populated.. Montreal's population is almost two million... lol close to Namibia's? :o 

Is that country's population so low because of lack of rain?

:)

gogo

I think Italy will become soon a desert too, because it doesn't rain (a big rain) for almost a year!

• zomgod! 1
4 hours ago, Mare said:

I think Italy will become soon a desert too, because it doesn't rain (a big rain) for almost a year!

Here's to hoping that you'll be getting some rain...yah I know hot weather's the bomb...but rain is pretty welcome when its super arid.  Just cant get over those dunes that in Namibia can reach 300 metres... just wow!

:O

gogo

• Like! 1
On 5/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, gogoblender said:

Here's to hoping that you'll be getting some rain...yah I know hot weather's the bomb...but rain is pretty welcome when its super arid.  Just cant get over those dunes that in Namibia can reach 300 metres... just wow!

:O

gogo

after I read the post, it started to rain and continued all day! Let's try if it also works with money!

:wizard:

Edited by Mare

Nearest town for me is Dillenburg:

William of Orange was born there. He was the leader of the dutch rebellion against the spain. Even the old picture from 1664 shows the today problems.

800px-Dillenburg_De_Merian_Hassiae.jpg

The old town parts are too narrow and so the supermarkets are outside. And this is how the old town looked at morning between two rains. In summer it is full of tourists from the Netherlands.

Dillenburg-Regen.jpg

• Appreciation 1
11 hours ago, chattius said:

William of Orange was born there. He was the leader of the dutch rebellion against the spain. Even the old picture from 1664 shows the today problems.

The old town parts are too narrow and so the supermarkets are outside. And this is how the old town looked at morning between two rains. In summer it is full of tourists from the Netherlands.

Dillenburg-Regen.jpg

despite the problems, it looks like a very pretty city ...

:agreed:

15 hours ago, chattius said:

Dillenburg-Regen.jpg

Those roads and small pathways are almost surreal... how beautiful!

must bring in a huge load of tourists

:D

gogo

Just now, Mare said:

time is returning to normal. It has stopped raining and now this is the view in front of my house:

NOcbVB6.jpg

Pretty good, uh?

:gogo:

now I can play table football again.

Another thing I love of this season is that there are lots of dandelions (like you can see in the pic) and so I can play them.

7 hours ago, Mare said:

now I can play table football again.

Another thing I love of this season is that there are lots of dandelions (like you can see in the pic) and so I can play them.

This is just outstanding...what a view!! That for me is breathing space, and the kind of place you want to get to after working a long day or even while in the middle of it.  Keep it green sir!

gogo

And...I'm coming off a run off the mountain up the street from me... St Josephe's oratory is awesome for us as it has those incredible stairs, views and run challenges...here's the view as we come out of the church and look out before descending the mountain:

IMG_4212.jpg

gogo

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

And...I'm coming off a run off the mountain up the street from me... St Josephe's oratory is awesome for us as it has those incredible stairs, views and run challenges...here's the view as we come out of the church and look out before descending the mountain:

IMG_4212.jpg

gogo

woah! I hope the pastor lives on the mountain, or he must have crazy calves!

:lol:

hahaha... good insight about the pastor on the mountain ! Brother Andre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Joseph's_Oratory

was who the Oratory (one of the largest cupola's ever built)  was built for... and there are crutches lining one of the huge halls in in the interior of the mountain where those who were crippled have left their crutches as proof of their healing.  The entire interior of the mountain is honey combed with passage, a museum and the main church, crypt, vaults and so much other cool stuff.  It's an awesome place to take it all in and just chill

gogo

11 hours ago, gogoblender said:

hahaha... good insight about the pastor on the mountain ! Brother Andre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Joseph's_Oratory

was who the Oratory (one of the largest cupola's ever built)  was built for... and there are crutches lining one of the huge halls in in the interior of the mountain where those who were crippled have left their crutches as proof of their healing.  The entire interior of the mountain is honey combed with passage, a museum and the main church, crypt, vaults and so much other cool stuff.  It's an awesome place to take it all in and just chill

gogo

wow. I'm not an expert of religon, but it looks good from wikipedia!

:smile:

On 5/31/2019 at 7:03 AM, Mare said:

wow. I'm not an expert of religon, but it looks good from wikipedia!

:smile:

Yes! it is an absolutely faboulous place! For worshippers they have their place and for others looking to just get in tune with perhaps just their own breathing and appreciatory moments, this is the place!

And... re todays waether.. folks, its just perfect and blue and breezy...

who's up for a beeyah!

:drunkards:

gogo

• Respect! 1
23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Yes! it is an absolutely faboulous place! For worshippers they have their place and for others looking to just get in tune with perhaps just their own breathing and appreciatory moments, this is the place!

And... re todays waether.. folks, its just perfect and blue and breezy...

who's up for a beeyah!

:drunkards:

gogo

Ahah I feel guilty if I think I spent the whole day playing soccer (and table football)!

:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Mare said:

Ahah I feel guilty if I think I spent the whole day playing soccer (and table football)!

:thumbsup:

A little cold...but perfect outside walking weather...im not complaining about 15 degrees...  

gogo

16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

A little cold...but perfect outside walking weather...im not complaining about 15 degrees...  

gogo

I saw that there are 14°c in montreal, but here there are 25°, so its a bit hotter!

18 hours ago, chattius said:

Sunday evening when it was finaly below 30C we could do the homework for our twins: walking the Optical Parcours at Wetzlar. I lived there when I was 0-6 years old., my mom and my brother still do. Wetzlar calls itself the Optical Town: Leica, Minox, Hensold (Zeiss), Oculus,... to name kust the biggest. So the companies placed little pyramids with optical experiments all around the town. Wetzlar's cathedrale has a very colurful history. The cathedrale was build mid in the townwalls on a hill. Sadly it had not a solid ground. Instead of two gothic towers it was finally finished after 800(!) years with a single shortened tower. Wetzlar was a free town for a long time and place of the german highest court for two centuiries because it didn't belong to any of the uncountable kingdoms. The graveyard and the cathedrale were opened for every religion.

Sadly as a free town it didn't had the money to finish the cathedrale quickly. Took 800 years.  Now the cathedrale is the horror of german students in architecture: Write down which part of the cathedrale is build in which style: Barock, Gothic, Romantic, ... And it didn't help that the cathedrale was bombed in WW2 and rebuild by using available but not original stones.

WZ-DOM.thumb.jpg.2e68a47fbb25945d3890a563f9da2430.jpg

And there is one part of the Optical Parcours at the Cathedrale. Another is at the Martketplace where I grew up:Kornmarkt.thumb.jpg.f7aa0c1e039c45f2d80e9e53e3782ac7.jpg

Took the photos last autumn at my moms birthday,

optical parcourse... awesome! And all a pastiche of the worlds' most important lense company ... great story Chattius... and I can never get enough of looking at the type of architecture

gogo

4 hours ago, Mare said:

I saw that there are 14°c in montreal, but here there are 25°, so its a bit hotter!

hah, indeed

send some over here sir pronto!

:whip:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeskk...thats hot! lol super tropical :oooo: We actually have PERFECT weather here... dry , bring in the sun and crispy... 23 degrees! course if I was at a beach Id like better...but for now, this 'll do 

gogo

Now there are 32°, but last summer we reached 45!

On the other hand, the winter of a few years ago (maybe 2012) my small village of Monferrato was the coldest in Italy with -25 °. the mid-seasons no longer exist.

:cry:

12 minutes ago, Mare said:

Now there are 32°, but last summer we reached 45!

On the other hand, the winter of a few years ago (maybe 2012) my small village of Monferrato was the coldest in Italy with -25 °. the mid-seasons no longer exist.

:cry:

heh, ayup... we hit 30 odd degrees today... gonna be true summah coming up to bat!

bring on those luminous rays!

:gogo:

gogo