What's the weather like over there?

wow. We could do with some more rain here... Dam levels are higher than they where last year, but they are not near full yet.

Weather here is like it still can't make up its mind. One day you have all four seasons in the morning and the afternoon is either boiling hot or cloudy and cold. 

Or days are hot, next cold, next very windy and cloudy, and then sunshine with a cold wind... so I still carry a hoodie to work in the afternoon so that I have it available at night when I leave.

2 hours ago, Delta! said:

wow. We could do with some more rain here... Dam levels are higher than they where last year, but they are not near full yet.

Weather here is like it still can't make up its mind. One day you have all four seasons in the morning and the afternoon is either boiling hot or cloudy and cold. 

Or days are hot, next cold, next very windy and cloudy, and then sunshine with a cold wind... so I still carry a hoodie to work in the afternoon so that I have it available at night when I leave.

heh... I hear you on the four seasons...I had to finally give up shorts to work

blizzards are coming... 

:cry:

gogo

• Sad 1

For yesterday's awesome weather (again perfect teens!) was in the east end of Montreal visiting my aunt and uncle for some good foods and family chuckles... I live and work in the West... more metropolitan with towers as construction... so visiting my relatives in the East is always a delight... the old-style architecture, painted-brick exteriors, high ceilings and very cultural millieu... a  solidarity co-op " that is a meetup place for local artisans that serves coffees and pastries and and where you can get feedback, ideas and vegetarian bites

IMG_6289.jpg

:)

gogo

Infrared filter in front of the sensor removed from old camera. Shot into the sun.

You know 31 oct = 25 dec ;)

So halloween (3*8+1) is x-mas (2*10+5)

So we use the sunny october days to look for mistletoes which could be cut for x-mas.

1939179340_Misteln(1von1).thumb.jpg.a5100f803b9f2bdaa44bc0c6e350779a.jpg

3 hours ago, chattius said:

Infrared filter in front of the sensor removed from old camera. Shot into the sun.

You know 31 oct = 25 dec ;)

So halloween (3*8+1) is x-mas (2*10+5)

So we use the sunny october days to look for mistletoes which could be cut for x-mas.

1939179340_Misteln(1von1).thumb.jpg.a5100f803b9f2bdaa44bc0c6e350779a.jpg

Stunning capture.  Wish my cell could take photos like there... its slowlly getting better... maybe one day

gogo

It wasn't meant to be art...

I tried infrared fotography in hope that the appletree leaves would be dried out allready because of autumn while the mistletoe leaves still alive. So the dark leaves are mistletoes. Look at the typical mistletoe ball shape left up in the tree.  My older sister learned fotography at a foto studio and then added a diploma in mathematical statistics. She works now for an insurance company as an investigator, doing high resolution pictures of accidents, fires and such. Her equipment costs more than a middle class car.

Her deathblow is feared: 'If a photo sucks, turn it into black and white'.   ;)

• Like! 1
18 minutes ago, chattius said:

Golden Octobre, 25C, thousands of cranes, picked apples after work while watching them.

thousands? all in the sky or on the ground, lake? must be incredible to see

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is hot and muggy in south Mississippi, especially for late December.  Temp. today is 75F which is 24C.  Not really rainy but overcast and damp/humid.

Supposedly a cold front is moving in tonight so hopefully things will get a little more crisp and cool like I long for.

2 hours ago, chattius said:

We had -9C, no snow, but fog. The sun was slowly breaking through the fog. So all was covered with a thin layer of ice. The flooded field is finally frozen, so the kids can do some skating.

We did a walk with the dogs in morning, this is on return to the house. My godson -son from my friend who died cause of cancer some years back- is on visit. He and our au-pair are of same age and were talking a lot. Carefully watched by her parents who are on an x-mas trip to Germany.

Sadly the fog did a water film on the camera and looking into the sun resulted in ugly colourful patterns. So only black and white, hope the frost can be seen. The plane in the sky is flying southeast towards Frankfurt/Main.

We remove each year 3-4 old fruit trees and replace them by young ones. This area is full with mistletoes, holes for woodpeckers, rough terrain, so a lot of birds nest their. Probably in 10 years the tree will be dead because of the mistletoes and will be chopped.

Gassigehen.jpg

Brilliant capture, thanks for the share!

gogo

1 hour ago, Flix said:

It is hot and muggy in south Mississippi, especially for late December.  Temp. today is 75F which is 24C.  Not really rainy but overcast and damp/humid.

Supposedly a cold front is moving in tonight so hopefully things will get a little more crisp and cool like I long for.

Its still so hard for me to believe that you're just south of us in the States with such polaric weather conditions ... :O   I keep thinking of that southern fragrant weather, moist, damp, lots of green, floral scents in the air?

What  a way to spend Christmas

:christmastree:

gogo

• Like! 1
12 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I keep thinking of that southern fragrant weather, moist, damp, lots of green, floral scents in the air?

Haha, yes, but trust me, it gets old.  If this was what summer time was like, it would be great.  But summer is like an inferno in a tropical rainforest.

Winter is just like a slightly cooler version of summer, where lots of plants turn brown because of less sunlight, but it's still humid and warm.  And there's never any pretty winter sights like frosty fields or snow-covered trees.

Well... ALMOST never.  We did get some pretty snowfall two years ago but it only held out for a day.

image.thumb.png.b41d3581f1990a679209415b4af055d9.png

/Gripe over.  I will say this, of every northerner I've met who moved down here, they all say, to a person, that they would take the south's roasting summers over the frozen winters of the north, any day.  Makes me wonder what it would be like to live somewhere where air conditioning is just a matter of opening a window, and heating a must-have.  I have yet to run a heater this year, and I might just make it through all winter without needing to do so.  :lol:

• Haha 1