What's the weather like over there?

Bright, clean, sunny! This could be one of the last fabulous, and glorious weekends before the winter winds get here... get out folks and dance!

:dance:

gogo

Hey mista, ya missed out my favourite season !? ..........A U T U M N !! YAY ! :bounce:

I lurve autumn, with all the beautiful colour changes of the trees. Fantastic for country walks, so grab yer hiking boots and stride out into the wild !

...............then you can start to worry about winter, lol !

Steve. :)

19 degrees celsious.

Clouds and rain. forecast say regional up till 200 mm rain, thats what we normal get in entire august month.

Over the last 2 weeks we got rain showers with enuff water for june to august normal rain. Meaning all 3 months total.

Gah who stole summer.

Raining, lol this means Schot gets a day off...scammer!

:ninja:

gogo

Schot gets a day off it rains ?!

A). What does Mr Schot actually do ?

B). Has he thought about working in the UK, as he would get almost every day off, hehe ?!

All of a sudden SA(or at least Pretoria) has become warm, just a nice temperature, you can go short sleeve with out being cold, or a long sleeve without sweating, the nights are bearable, already removed a blanket from my bed. but the August winds are here as well, so we will probably be blown away.... :bye:

Delta!

Cold ...MOntreal... wore shorts to work today again...

my knees are blue!

:oooo:

gogo

Get a blanky for your knees, or wait *passes a Hudson's Bay Blanket*, returning the favour... or try running around like :oooo:, that might warm you up a bit...

Delta!

Does an earthquake count as weather? I am in DC on vacation. I was in Air &Space museum when it hit. They evacuated all the museums and I got to walk back to my hotel because the Metro was closed.

:(

I'll trade ya your earthquake for my potential hurricane

Still early and track might change but right now it's making a bee line right at me :o

The hurricane is also supposed to hit DC, but I should be gone before then.

Does an earthquake count as weather? I am in DC on vacation. I was in Air &Space museum when it hit. They evacuated all the museums and I got to walk back to my hotel because the Metro was closed.

:(

I'll trade ya your earthquake for my potential hurricane

Still early and track might change but right now it's making a bee line right at me :o

Tornado warnings today for us here in mid-Ontario... very, very rare to say the least. Actually...

4 days ago (Sunday), there was the most powerful storm in Ontario's history... Goderich got hit with an F3 tornado, right down the main street of town. One person lost their life... very unlucky for that person and their family, but at the same time very lucky when you consider it's a tourist town, in the middle of tourist season... and only one person killed.

A little rain so far today but nothing too serious has hit my immediate area.

lc;akhv

Darn, it's hard to type with your fingers crossed ;)

So many people have rough times with the weather, and even my mom called me last night to report that Chevy Chase had a kind of earthquake around 5.8?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

p.s. lol, Theuns, ah, that great blanket..it's getting some use this year, thank you!

Well it looks like Irene is gonna stop by and say hi. Not too too worried about the wind but if the storm surge is high it'll seriously damage my house :o

Price you pay leaving near a beach I guess :Just_Cuz_21: Sending my daughter up to stay with her aunt (further inland) tomorrow or Friday just in case.

HurricaneIrene.jpg

We were lucky yesterday:

Two villages to the south: hail corns as big as golf balls

4 villages to the south: villages not reachable for hours because of fallen trees blocking the streats

All caused by Fallböen = Downbursts. Before the downbursts we were at 34 Celcius and 59% humidity. Was a feeling like living in a sauna the last 3 days.

Well it looks like Irene is gonna stop by and say hi. Not too too worried about the wind but if the storm surge is high it'll seriously damage my house :o

Price you pay leaving near a beach I guess :Just_Cuz_21: Sending my daughter up to stay with her aunt (further inland) tomorrow or Friday just in case.

HurricaneIrene.jpg

We live almost in a straight line north of you Nuckles, up here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. So we can commiserate with each other.

Just got off the phone with my mom, she's saying Irene is set to hit her area on Saturday, she's packed some food just in case she has to head down to a shelter not far from her.

:)

gogo

On the local Friday news here in Quebec, Irene was the most popular subject. They talked about all these evacuations, and the consequences it makes. They also talked about it because on Monday/Tuesday, the rest of Irene might hit Quebec with severe winds/rain.

EDIT 7:50PM : The news reported 6 deaths in North Carolina and Virginia. The hurricane was downgraded to category 1. They now forecast at least 50mm of rain tomorrow for Quebec with lots of wind.

Hope Knuckles, his family, and every other member living in those regions will be ok.

EDIT 2 (Aug 28, 8:00PM) : Irene finally hit Quebec. There has been some damage, at least 100,000 houses have no electricity, and the government is prepared for some eventual floods in the east of Quebec. Most important, there hasn't been any death here so far.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I took this video earlier today during a lull in Hurricane Irene.

What you see in this video is the upper third to quarter of the pylon that was the center support of a covered bridge that burned down in the late 70's.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2192405383729

I will take another video after the water goes down so you can see what is normal, this river's flood stage is 9 feet at the moment it is about 12.3 feet.