What's the weather like over there?

Thank you Thank you! :bow:

Yip, they do molecular gastronomy, something that I'm very excited about!

Delta!

Bravo on something you're so passionate about! However did you land that? Connection?

Gratz for the new job, Theuns! I'll have one for you. :drunkards:

And about the weather, it's deffo fall around here... About +10C, and raining all week long. For a while I thought that someone warped me to England or somewhere. *grrr*

awww, Storm, yeah Fall comes with all those rains, but every once in a while a wonderfully bright, leaf-strewn day of crispiness and glorious sun breaks through, and for those days alone it can make this time great.

I hope you guys get your break out soon, pull out the wonderfully warm and fluffy clothes, throw that muffler about your neck, pile into a friends convertible and roar around town!

ba-mt_myride_060_0500233218.jpg

:)

gogo

man Oh man it is getting hot here in South Africa. my parents in Pietersburg says they are already wearing the minimum amount of clothes possible, and it is gonna get warmer!

Clear blue sunny skies for Pretoria!

Good luck for autumn in the northern Hemisphere, I'll do my best to send some sun and warmth your way!

Delta!

Thanks, Theuns! Hopefully it'll reach us here. :D

Though I wouldn't wager.. There shuould be sun and warmth this weekend, which I would really appreciate, as I should go help parents with few things.

These couple of days have been quite nice, xcept that damned rain which always stars just right when I leave work. :viking:

Quite constant weather for a week: 8-10 celcius nights, morning is like: Why need a bath, just walk out of the house into fog as dense as an ocean. Around mid day: sun is finally breaking through and warms up everything to 24-26 celcius.

I promise sometime I will buy me either a digital camera or a scanner for my analog pictures. Pictures are from people around my area:

Hausen$20im$20Nebel.JPG

6342560.jpg

Monday, octobre 3rd, will be german re-union day, so no work or school. But weather forecast says that monday a rain period will start, .....

Grmbl, why are they not flexible enough and say that a national celebration day should be allways the WORKING day with the most sun :whistle:

Quite constant weather for a week: 8-10 celcius nights, morning is like: Why need a bath, just walk out of the house into fog as dense as an ocean. Around mid day: sun is finally breaking through and warms up everything to 24-26 celcius.

I promise sometime I will buy me either a digital camera or a scanner for my analog pictures. Pictures are from people around my area:

Hausen$20im$20Nebel.JPG

6342560.jpg

Monday, octobre 3rd, will be german re-union day, so no work or school. But weather forecast says that monday a rain period will start, .....

Grmbl, why are they not flexible enough and say that a national celebration day should be allways the WORKING day with the most sun :whistle:

WOW, those photos looks so... what is the right word now? calm, scenic, PICTURESQUE! that's the one!

I know in South Africa if a Public Holiday lands on a Sunday, then the Monday becomes a Public Holiday, because schools are closed on Sundays.

Delta!

• 1 month later...

heh, if I'd forgotten that winter's a big part of Montreal, today was a big job in the BLEEP

4 degrees

The cat has once again found her toasty home upon my room heater

:D

gogo

Had a record setting snowstorm today....several communities had the biggest snowfall ever for the month of October. The town where I was working had about 8 inches though just to the West of us some towns are reporting over a foot of snow. Add to that steady wind at 45-50 mph and gusts up to hurricane speed and yesterday and today have been miserable. Was able to come back home earlier today and was dreading the worst. They had Coastal Flood Warnings up. Glad my kiddo was staying with my mom this weekend.

The water hasn't made it into my basement yet but all the grass I replaced from Irene will have to replaced yet again. Whole front and side yard are under water. That and going to have to power wash the south side of my house yet again. Totally covered in salt spray. Still have very high winds but at least they're now out of the Northwest (over land) so no more salt spray. Been thinking of moving a little inland, since I'm tired of cleaning up after storms like this and really want a one story house. Got a 2-story now and on bad days my back really hates the stairs.

Now I got to figure out a way to convince my daughter we should move....swear she's part fish...she was at beach probably every day this summer. Can't remember one weekend where I had less than 5-6 of her friends over going to beach.

We did the history homework of our oldest yesterday more or less accidently . She had to choose and interpret a german antiwar song. The most obvious choose would probably have been Ich hatte eine Kameraden / The good comrad which was translated to several languages. The song is not only played at army burials but at our place also if a firefighter looses his life in action.

But she wasn't sure if she should go this song which would have been chosen by nearly everyone. So she decided to listen some more songs first. We were repairing the field barn and then this:

4090793598_58d92dc6d4.jpg

We had Föhn winds the last days. Föhn is when water carrying air is lifted at a mountain range, releasing rain, falling down on the other side of mountains and warming up.

Foehn1.png

So the big birds used it to glide on it on their way to africa. Cranes from scandinavia did big groups and build nice formations on the evening sky. We counted 33 chains of birds in just 20 minutes, each 50-250 birds big. I said watching these birds must have invoked the same feelings into thje soldier who was in a trench at worldwar one in 1916 and seeing the the birds returning from africa. He compared the army of grey birds with his own grey army and wondered what will be when they return in autumn.

When we were at home she listened to "Wildgänse rauschen durch die Nacht", in english the wild geese song. and is now reading into it and into the french adaption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO6fSDZbXUQ

French

It gives me chills thinking of animals moving across the world globabaly, and using the weather system.

Yeah we're all connected huh^^

:hugs: to the world!

Sunny, bright and crispy, but specially blue.

Have a wonderful Sunday my friends

gogo

Yesterday and today was the only days so far that Stellenbosch did not have rain, and the Western Cape of South Africa is actually a winter rain area(May-August). I took out a blanket for the cold nights, but was expecting hot weather... odd things are happening!

Delta!

• 3 weeks later...

Floods in italy and only 1% of normal november rain in germany. Lowest water heights, rain, ... for november since data were collected 160 years ago. Cargo ships can load only a quarter of normal capacity on Rhine river, so oil prices raise. Low water unveals not exploded WW2 bombs at river banks,...

At our place we did the 'No Smoking- Danger of forest fires' signs out again and placed them at forest roads. Weather gets weird

Floods in italy and only 1% of normal november rain in germany. Lowest water heights, rain, ... for november since data were collected 160 years ago. Cargo ships can load only a quarter of normal capacity on Rhine river, so oil prices raise. Low water unveals not exploded WW2 bombs at river banks,...

At our place we did the 'No Smoking- Danger of forest fires' signs out again and placed them at forest roads. Weather gets weird

You got that rain, but we got our first snowfall!

:xmastree:

Our world has gone white!

gogo

It's raining here, but it's Summer (so it'll be warm by mid afternoon)..

Cheers Dreeft!

heh, I can't get enough of hearing people post about Summer, when we've got the world's opposite here.

Guess y'all are beaching it!

:sun:

gogo

• 1 month later...

Weather's big on the plate here in Crispy Canada. We had some pretty chilling, I mean COLD weather last few days, but today is looking to be a little warmer, -6 with a "feel like" of only -11 instead of 30 :lol:

And... Schot just stuck this weather gadget on me desktop for Christmas... COOL!

:bounce:

gogo

Looks like winter's finally come here. Forecasts predict around -7 to -15(!) C for the weekend and starting next week. There's some snow too.

Not too happy about that, actually. Seeing we didn't have it around Nov-Dec, I was prepared to have snowless winter. Not too fond of snow nowadays... Dunno why.

The state of Oregon has been keeping track of percipitation since 1867.

As of today, Oregon has broken all-time records tracked. Oregon is experiencing the least amount of percipitation on record.

This time last year there was over a foot of snow on the ground, with Mt. Hood boasting a base of 167 inches. Which also broke all-time records.

Last year we broke all-time records for snowfall. This year we broke all-time records for least amount of snowfall, to date.

A complete 180 degree opposite.

Last Tuesday, I spoke with a couple of "old timers". Local farmers who have been here locally 80+ years. Either could recall such conditions this late into our winter season.

On January 4th of this year, Oregon also broke an all-time high temperature by 25 degrees to the upside. Warmest January 4th on record.

I do not mean to assume the whole of Oregon in any of this information. I only refer to the 'Central Oregon Basin'.

I remain, Etherian

Here in Denmark we got green winter.

On this small westcoast isle we are at golf stream & we are in the low pressure highway.

So we usually got a storm every week with storm surge and alot off rain.

No frost no snow etc. really marvelous after last years 5½ month winter break from work.

First day of a glorious weekend, and we're having to cut our way out to the road through heaps of snow from a huge blizzard last night here in Montreal.

Must ...es...cape!

:cry:

gogo

We have a lot of sun here, it's bright, and the sky is blue...but very often after huge snow storms like last night's, it's very cold here.

With wind chill...how does -27 sound?

Yah, thought so!

:eek:

gogo

I flooded a nearby field this morning. When I returned from a walk with dogs it was star bright. So I hope for frost... Ice skating. Not cold enough for a frozen deep lake. This winter was so far the opposite of the last: too warm, blossoms at trees, outch, way too early. They fear thete will be no ice wine this year, sniff.

-7 celcius when I woke up. The 10 centimetres of water on the field have a thin layer of ice already. 2 more days at this temperature and ice skating should be possible.

No snow, but cold. Not so nice for the plants which behaved like it would be march last week, early blossoms. Found wild horse radish, rapunzel and winter mushrooms (japanese name enoki) when I walked with the dog. Remembered the place and will pick them when I do Beinscheiben( beef shanks) in evening.

320px-Beinscheibe.jpg

We use to boil them very long for a tasty soup as an appetizer and then eat the beef with potato and horseradish.