What's the weather like over there?

Save me some soup, extra meat please, hope the skating rink turns out good, I've just noticed that they've sprung up in the out door parks all over Montreal in last ten days here!

Folks, we have -18 here in Sunny Montreal

:)

gogo

The weekend got pretty cold here. Was around 0°F ( -17°C) with and wind chill of -20°F ( -28°C) on Sunday. Good news: I was working inside....Bad news: There was no heat.....Good news: I had a space heater.....Bad news: it took 2-3 hours for it to warm up the garage bay.

One strange thing about this winter for us, is other than this last weekend daily temps have been much higher than average and basically no snow at all. Had a couple minor storms that dumped an inch or 2 but that quickly melted. Last year we had already been through several major storms/blizzards by this point. I have a feeling February isn't going to be very nice for us.

Well, we had pretty messy weather last night. When I was walking home from work in the dark at night, rivers of icy water and slush, rain, snow, splattering cars whipping by. Happy to make it home finally, but it is cold out there today.

:)

gogo

*Y A W N * ! :yawn: ZZZZzzzzzzz

I didn't get much sleep last night. The wind was blowing up a storm, and I can never sleep through that noise ! :o

So tired. Guess I'll have to sleep when I get to work, rofl ! :4rofl:

Steve. :)

Yesterday -7C and dry, this morning +2C and rain. Guess what happened at rain on frozen ground: 2 ladies, aged 78 and 81 fall. One broke her lower arm bones, the other upper leg. Phone calls came to my wife at 21:30 and 21:50. Daughter drove my wife in the unimog so my wife could get informations by phone while reaching the place. Our oldest drove it home where I attached a street sander. Red cross car came at midnight when the street was sanded. The unimog was driven to the accident places not using asphalt road but field roads where it had grip.

Rain and above 0C, so not possible to do woodcutting tomorrow. But at least the flooded field is nicely frozen and kids can do skating at weekend.

Yesterday -7C and dry, this morning +2C and rain. Guess what happened at rain on frozen ground: 2 ladies, aged 78 and 81 fall. One broke her lower arm bones, the other upper leg. Phone calls came to my wife at 21:30 and 21:50. Daughter drove my wife in the unimog so my wife could get informations by phone while reaching the place. Our oldest drove it home where I attached a street sander. Red cross car came at midnight when the street was sanded. The unimog was driven to the accident places not using asphalt road but field roads where it had grip.

Rain and above 0C, so not possible to do woodcutting tomorrow. But at least the flooded field is nicely frozen and kids can do skating at weekend.

That's very sad news about the ladies, sorry to hear that. I hope they recover quickly. At that age, it will be a terrible shock for them, and risks taking away thier confidence too.

I'm always scared for old people falling, Chattius, that is saddening news. My neighbor was 96 before she went to assisted home, but year before, she had fall too, and this impacted her mobility, confidence...she was still stubborn as ever, but the fall had shaken her up and she was in pain.

My mom works in an old age home, and she's always terrified of the residents having their "fall". If it happens at a very old age, and they break their hip, it's very difficult to recover completely from it.

On that note, -14 here, gonna be a cold one!

:cha (18):

gogo

Depends on how complex the bone is broken. I know the 81 year old with the broken arm. She used to walk 30 kilometres a day with her dog. Met her a lot in the forest.

It is good that the elderly keep fit with walking, though not all are so lucky with thier health. Some are too infirm to walk much at all.

Still must come as a nasty shock to slip and injure themselves though, no matter how fit and healthy they are.

The "big fall" is what everyone is on guard for. Apparently , if they fall at that old an age, they can get blood poisoning or something like that? It's like infection I think if the bones break? and this can be devastating

:blink:

gogo

Deutsch Drahthaar, german wirehaired pointers are a dog race preferred by hunters here. Robust,intelligent and like long walks.

You see this often at old people, they kinda live for their animals.

German wirehaireds often had their tail shortened which is forbidden now in germany. I never liked this cutting pointy ears or shortening of tails.

nicky_vom_willow_rock.jpg

That dog reminds me of a husky that my brother once had. It loved to go on walks and mountain hiking treks. Temperatures are still quite good here in Arizona. Maybe instead of the rejected oil pipeline, we can build one to send gogo some warmer air. :evil:

That dog reminds me of a husky that my brother once had. It loved to go on walks and mountain hiking treks. Temperatures are still quite good here in Arizona. Maybe instead of the rejected oil pipeline, we can build one to send gogo some warmer air. :evil:

lol, please more warm air! I've begun changing weekend plans just because of this cold.

I don't think Gogo needs any help there, rofl !

ro :butcher: fl ...

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Daughters reported a chain of cranes flying south while waiting for the bus after school. So I was not surprised at all when weather report forecasted extremely cold air from sibiria the next few days. Northern germany has some stationary cranes which normally stay in winter. But seems they are on the run, aeh flight, ...

Massive snowstorms here this week. I've been working overnight shifts and my drives into work and home on Saturday night were awful.

I took a private driveway (as I couldn't go up my own - too steep and curvy) and I was going thru 3 feet of snow, with the snowdrifts (6-8 of them along 300-meter stretch) were 5 feet deep. Heh... I felt like one of those "professional drivers on a closed course" you see in the winter-tire advertisments. :cool: Snow flying over the hood, obsuring visibiltiy even with wipers on high-speed, the car lurching every time it hit a drift... but at least I did not get stuck! Until I tried to park. hours of digging later, I got moving again. :sweating:

Well, I'm freezing my @$$ out here... Constantly over -20C and seems it should go that way all week long.

Guess it would be nice to hibernate every now and then... The heating's okay and all, but ever a short peek outside is horrible. *Shudder*

I can't see my weather, it's too dark ?!?! :wacko:

Still early there Cider? Gmornin btw!

Daughters reported a chain of cranes flying south while waiting for the bus after school. So I was not surprised at all when weather report forecasted extremely cold air from sibiria the next few days. Northern germany has some stationary cranes which normally stay in winter. But seems they are on the run, aeh flight, ...

Chain of cranes... COOL image!

Well, I'm freezing my @$ out here... Constantly over -20C and seems it should go that way all week long.

Guess it would be nice to hibernate every now and then... The heating's okay and all, but ever a short peek outside is horrible. *Shudder*

Ah, now you guys have that horrible coldness! It broke for us here for a while, but yesterday it jumped back to bite hard... we're at minus ten already

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo