What's the weather like over there?

36 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

heh, ayup... we hit 30 odd degrees today... gonna be true summah coming up to bat!

bring on those luminous rays!

:gogo:

gogo

I hope so. The good face of summer is that I can eat ice cream, the bad one is that I cnat eat pizza.

5 hours ago, Mare said:

I hope so. The good face of summer is that I can eat ice cream, the bad one is that I cnat eat pizza.

the bad though's not so bad for you though cuz the pizza where you are is SO GOOD

:dance:

gogo

And course...but perhaps not too bad... the greys have edged in silently over the night, leaving us here this morning with some pallid grey overcast stuff...misty and damp...but an ease off on the warm weather.. if it gets warmer though I can feel that air con having to be pulled into that window..it callls....

:cstars:

gogo

• 1 month later...

Record heat in Germany, more than 42 Celcius.

Our oldest decided to leave her cheap student appartment without cooling and is back home with her husband. 3 weeks to go with the baby and we changed a storage room in the cellar into a sleeping room. Even without clima control it is maximal 21 Celcius.

It is cold in South Africa, at least we have had lots of rain, the dams are fuller than they where last year this time, and we have had a teeny bit of snow on the mountains, but it only lasted 2 days. average temps measure about 3 Celsius at night, and about 18 Celsius during the day...

20 hours ago, Delta! said:

It is cold in South Africa, at least we have had lots of rain, the dams are fuller than they where last year this time, and we have had a teeny bit of snow on the mountains, but it only lasted 2 days. average temps measure about 3 Celsius at night, and about 18 Celsius during the day...

that is cold! And so interesting to hear that you have such a range too.   

Today, Mtl's featuring a baseline of 30 degrees. 

I was out and about this morning, but by the early afternoon, opted to not visit my Ammamma and instead nap...ahh, the luxury

:lol:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Right now it is grey overcast, though the weather on the whole in the UK, has been all over the place, a heat wave, floods, to real heavy thunder and showers with the odd hailstones here and there, all it needs to do now is snow. *Giggles*

• Like! 1

Have Fun, relax and "regenerate" as much as possible... you are going to need it. my father always said that having children was tied in best place with having Grand children.

Weather here is cold and wet two days in a row or more, and then a random day with a bit of sunshine, a few overcast days... 

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hot, hot , hot and hot and for something completely different, It's too hot again. *Lol* Wishing it was cool, but not cold, I have a rare condition that makes me sensitive to changes between hot and cold weather/climates. It sucks, but I make the best out of my life.

• Like! 1

Im still steadfasting holding on to wearing shorts...  I can feel it a bit more chill daily, but I feel like if I give them up, the greys will come faster...

must... hold ... out...

:oooo:

gogo

• Like! 1

Saturday: Regenrisiko 0, same for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...

I think the word Regenrisiko (rain risk) is made by town people who fear for their picknick and other weekend activities. Farmers would prefer the word rain hope. If using a spade there are 20 centimetres of dry earth. Carots have a diametre of only 2 centimetre but are 35 cm long because the roots grow deep in search for water, ...

Luckily it will cool down a bit, from 32C to 20C next week.

• Like! 1

I think we're getting some of your cold weather sharing, Chatius... I can feel it slowly creeping in as well...though the huge dump of leaves havent happened yet...sigh... makes me thinking to get all my gear ready and cleaned up

:blink:

gogo

We had some warmer days a week ago, I brought out my shorts and wore them and this week is cold again. My toesies and fingers are icicles... I even had to throw the Nguni Karos back on the bed... hope summer comes quickly... and that your summer will last bit longer(with plenty of rain for everyone)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Every year that I've been alive, it seems summer in the deep south of the U.S. gets longer.  Lately it's summer about 10 months out of the year.  The other two months (Jan.-Feb.) are slightly cooler but often equally humid.

Here's today's outside temperature leaving work:

temp.jpg.7a94308c62d73b0612c9b150dccd19ee.jpg

107 F is about 41-42 degrees Celsius.  In October.  When it's supposed to be autumn.  I have pictures of me as a kid decorating for Halloween, dressed in a coat, hat and gloves because it was so cold.  Now, it's just another blazing summer day.  :evil:

• Respect! 1
On 10/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, Flix said:

Every year that I've been alive, it seems summer in the deep south of the U.S. gets longer.  Lately it's summer about 10 months out of the year.  The other two months (Jan.-Feb.) are slightly cooler but often equally humid.

Here's today's outside temperature leaving work:

temp.jpg.7a94308c62d73b0612c9b150dccd19ee.jpg

107 F is about 41-42 degrees Celsius.  In October.  When it's supposed to be autumn.  I have pictures of me as a kid decorating for Halloween, dressed in a coat, hat and gloves because it was so cold.  Now, it's just another blazing summer day.  :evil:

This has to have been the best read of my day...maybe my week.  The way you drew in your whole life, the deep south, the humidity...I could feel the  emotions you drew on to describe the ever warmer warmth that your part of America is in flow.. (also a big fan of deep south history, food) ... my god man 107!!  lol it was adorable imagining a young version of Flix in warmer clothes trekking for treats and now in perhaps a tshirt top in subtropical

:oooo:

gogo

• Haha 1

Spray rain and some sun spots in the clouds. Was picking quinces after work when I heard the cranes on there way south. Big V-formations with around 5000 birds were a nice view when the clouds opened. They seemed to follow the valley of the Lahn river for orientation.