1508 replies to this topic

#1501 Veracious

Veracious

Prismatic Enchanter

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

We have a drought :(  No rain for weeks. We tried to plant some vegs but the first foot of earth is hard as concrete. And since we are not connected to the water supply we need all the water in our well for ourself. Only a fifth of the water as normal the last 6 weeks.

I hear a lot of areas like yours also make it illegal to collect rain water. Is that true? Because that's ridiculous

#1502 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,144 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

and..just wont stop raining over here... had to cut my run short out on the mountain... almost all my gear is water proof except the pockets on my pants I left open and the rain just dripped down into me shoes...

nooooooooooooooooooo

:oooo

gogo

#1503 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,293 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

One nearby town got 9 inches of rain in only 6 hours over the weekend. The place looks like it got hit by a tornado. The state governor was supposed to give a speech there today, but all roads into the town are still under water.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#1504 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,144 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:05 AM

thats devestating... canoe and scuba gear weather... luck nothing so devastating here yet... though in some outlying areas near me there has been some dangerous flooding...town called Rigaud

:)  

gogo

#1505 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,974 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

We have a drought :(  No rain for weeks. We tried to plant some vegs but the first foot of earth is hard as concrete. And since we are not connected to the water supply we need all the water in our well for ourself. Only a fifth of the water as normal the last 6 weeks.

I hear a lot of areas like yours also make it illegal to collect rain water. Is that true? Because that's ridiculous

We are allowed to collect rain falling on our ground. But we are not allowed to pump water from springs, small rivers or other natural water reservoirs on our ground.

Luckily we had rain for 2 days now. A bit stupid that it was sunday and the work free first of may. But I guess we can't have it all, rain and good weather for 2 free days.

Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#1506 Delta!

Delta!

Chief Chef Ancaria Cullinary Sciences

• Supporting Member
  • 4,802 posts
  • Steam Name:theunha

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

The days have just about started cooling down a bit, and then we get a freak 35°C day like yesterday. Evenings are cool, and very windy.

Delta!

Edited by Delta!, 02 May 2017 - 11:47 PM.

Delta!

#1507 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,144 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

Cant even imagine that kind of weather without air con.  My aunt and uncle are hanging out in a rural village type area in Sri Lanka these days, lol..they be putting washcloths in the freezer then pulling them out once in a while to place upon their skin... they have a set that they rotate

:lol:

poor Aunt

:hugs:

gogo

#1508 Knuckles

Knuckles

Grand Poobah

• Site Moderator
  • 6,252 posts
  • Steam Name:Knuckles (Robb)

Posted Today, 07:47 PM

While Summer isn't my favorite season, it's not like I hate it or anything. It's just when it's soooo humid out that I start sweating as soon as I'm out in the sun, those days I can't stand. When those days happen I often wish summer was over right there and then...

Seems I got my wish....after 3 days of opressive heat and humidity...we had 2 'normal' summer days...but today was raw and windy, and tomorrow forecast for same..hi temps will barely hit 60°F....feels more like mid Autumn than Summer....I will actually be wearing a sweatshirt to start tomorrow off....I never ever thought I would have to do that mid-summer in an area renowned for summer beach vacations.

#1509 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,144 posts

Posted Today, 08:05 PM

I hear you on the switch to cold weather.  Just this morning I realized it was actually gonna be a sweatshirt day.   I dont mind cold days in the summer as long as its not too many of them in a row.  I've started walking home from work this last few weeks just to enjoy the walk through sunny central downtown montreal... about a thirty five minute walk to the Metro and then I take that home that last few stops.  Montreal summers are so short... I'm trying to make myself find reasons to just stay out in the humidity... needless to say I've booked the next three weeks full of bbq's and pool partys... at least this will make me feel I grabbed some summer and was grateful for the shortest season of the  year

:D

gogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users