What's the weather like over there?

Here too, Steve, here too... Even now it's rainng cats and dogs. And thunder's rolling. Though it's been hideously warm every now and then.

Gotta keep the fan, otherwise it would be unbeareble.

Here too, Steve, here too... Even now it's rainng cats and dogs. And thunder's rolling. Though it's been hideously warm every now and then.

Gotta keep the fan, otherwise it would be unbeareble.

DAng, I missed that thunder! :D you can't beat being close up like that to the elements.

Only in the mid 80's here today. After almost a week in the mid 90's plus very high humidity, tody actually feels pretty nice.

Lucky with the moderate heat. When I left work today it was sweltering, in fact, a little frightening as the hot air blowing didn't even feel like "weather" anymore, but like a special effect!

:twitch:

gogo

The time is 03:59 AM, and this is my weather report:

Temperature is just below 60 degrees, and the moon can barely be seen behind a cover of clouds.

My balcony is moist and cold to the touch, and I seriously need a hobby.

Rain, rain and still more rain! While not really that hard it has been raining for almost the whole day. In fact according to the news this is the highest precipitation since 1952!

We've been in the 35-45 degrees celsius range for several days now. Yeesh! Some crazy heat wave we're having. Great beach weather though!

We've been in the 35-45 degrees celsius range for several days now. Yeesh! Some crazy heat wave we're having. Great beach weather though!

What ?! I can't believe Canada is getting those kinda temps ! Must be affecting the wildlife and plants ? Aren't they more acustomed to really cold weather ?

And... the weather breaks... 19 degrees! Well, it's kinda early, 9.04, sure to go up , but nothing like it's been the last couple of days. Yeah, Steve I can see some grass drying out, but looks like the barrage is ovah!

:dance:

gogo

We had record heat here on Friday..as in not for the day or the month but as in all time heat. Hit 104 F which tied or broke the record from 1911 depending on which town you live in. Add in the humidity and high dew points and it made for an incredibly uncomfortable day. You could actually feel the heat in your lungs as you breathed in...ugh

Still quite hot and humid. Had quite a show at friends with all the lightning and rumbling. Wish it could be around 20C or something, one could actually get something done...

And if forecasts are to be trusted, more humidity coming on starting week. Rain, rain and more rain. Surely the plants will like, but I ain't one. :P

It's hellish to be confined in an office on days like these...

Rain and temperature drop to just 6 celcius at night, 16 at day. The rain is too late for most farm plants and just prevents doing wheat and rapeseed harvests this week.

Doesn't look too good here either. Just read the local paper that around 80% of crops has been flattened. Here's for hoping a bit more dry wheather before they will rot away...

Was kinda hot but not so humid today. A lot better than last week. Although, if forecasts hit the nail, it's gonna rain tomorrow, with some heavy thunders...

With the arrival of the first 'official' heat wave (3 consecutive days > 32oC) that I can ever remember in my area...

It was a good week to sit in my basement and play some Sacred :D 19o and no humidity, it was like heaven :cool: .

On Friday, I played and one multi-shot exploding arrow activation netted me 2 set pieces :o A Vampire shield of the Recundis :yawn: and an Egills' bow :yay:

A couple of mins later, an Ettol bow drops :woot: not 5 more minuites go by and I get a Kitten Flayer :lol: and IIRC the total playtime that day was about 45 mins and I had another unique (forget which) so I was like HOLLY HANNAH.. :)

How do you stop playing after a haul like that? :oooo:

The answer, my friends, was...

:inquire:

Party time! ;)

We had record heat here on Friday..as in not for the day or the month but as in all time heat. Hit 104 F which tied or broke the record from 1911 depending on which town you live in. Add in the humidity and high dew points and it made for an incredibly uncomfortable day. You could actually feel the heat in your lungs as you breathed in...ugh

That's awful! I could see myself choking in that kind of heat. Just having given up smoking a year and a bit ago, my lungs are still kind of sweltery in humid weather. Knuckles, u must want that beach on days like this.

Mysterynotes, welcome to the weather section of our forum where we all keep each other up to date on how long our toes have been frozen for or how miserable life is without an air conditioner!

:lol:

gogo

I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA...

Yesterday was 110°, today was 112°, and tomorrow is projected to be an all-time record breaking 116°. (for those of you on the metric system, that's 46.67° C)

To put it in perspective, the "normal" high temperature for today is 94°.

Yesterday was 110°, today was 112°, and tomorrow is projected to be an all-time record breaking 116°. (for those of you on the metric system, that's 46.67° C)

Wow, send some of that heat over here, and I'll send some of the winter cold

our low for Pretoria is 8° C and high of only 17° C.

Delta!

Yeeks!

Swimming pools must be a hot commodity, Masteff

Wow, send some of that heat over here, and I'll send some of the winter cold

our low for Pretoria is 8° C and high of only 17° C.

Delta!

Theuns, we may seem to be on some kind of strange page, lol...I actually had to wear a sweater on the way to work today. A kind of bitter sweet feeling. I kind of like the Autumn time...but for summer's sake, it's only beginning of August...has the warm winds left so quickly!

:cry:

gogo

Ẃell, some people say here, that the heatwaves are over, still, someone predictred that the warm season should continue to October. Who knows... Mind you, that's for Finland.

Actually, I kinda prefer this over the 30+C we had back in July. Around 20C is just right for me.

Edited by Stormwing
  • 3 weeks later...