What's the weather like over there?

Well I made it through....lost power for about 14 hours and the surge came into my yard, but it could have been much worse. The storm ended going to the west of me so we didn't get much rain from it. Lots of trees and limbs and power lines down so I don't think I can make it to work unless I walk out to main road. No way I can drive out. Had 50-60 mph sustained with gusts around 80 mph. basically a bad winter nor'easter.

Lord...both your links said the content was unavailable

glad everyone has made it through. Can't imagine so many trees falling down on your local road enough to make problem for your car to drive through! :blink:

Mom in Maryland had lost some power, for her it was just to kill time with no light, she went out for walks in the rain, hung out with neihbors and read a book by a small kithen light. Apparently her building has a very small emergency power generator as well.

Nothing here cept a deluge of rain and buffeting winds.

:)

gogo

Hurricane Irene has not affected us... centre of the continent and all... but we still have flood water from the spring! We have 2 big lakes and this year they decided to divert water from the west to east rivers system (Assiniboine) to Lake Manitoba. My friend has a family cottage on Lake Manitoba. There now are sand bags (and have been for weeks) protecting the property as the Lake (it is real big) level has risen 5 feet (IIRC). We had strong winds over the weekend... and I'm worried his cottage was swept away... though maybe (crosses fingers) nothing has happened.

Hurricane Irene was enormous (500 MILES wide), and though only F1 still left a lot of devestation in it's wake.

Well my street has been cleared so I can at least drive the whole way to work now. Been incredibly busy at work and expect that to continue for a couple weeks as we're running around replacing antennas. Problem is most higher quality antennas are custom made and take 2-4 weeks minimum to make. So we've been putting up cheap ones and any ones we can find from our old used pile that'll work until the correct ones come in. So most of the work I'm doing now will just be redone in the coming months.

Just hope all my grass doesn't die. Had the surge cover a good part of the front and side yard. Sure it's saturated with salt now :(

It is spring day in South Africa, and the sun is shining the tank is clean and we are getting outa HUH! the tank is clean... :4rofl:

The sun is just shining, and nice warm weather.

Happy NOT-spring day for my peeps in the Northern hemisphere!

Delta!

lol, tank is clean>? :rofl:

Gonna assume the best :P

And, deliciously sunny, with some brisk air on top, a dollop of clouds.

Great prelude to this gloriously deserved Friday. Ahh, let the joy begin!

:gogo:

gogo

Sunny, 28 degrees Celsius. Said that the next two months will be equally warm as the rest of the summer has been. Joy for a bunch of people, less so for me who doesn't like such high temperatures. >>

lol, tank is clean>? :rofl:

Gonna assume the best :P

And, deliciously sunny, with some brisk air on top, a dollop of clouds.

Great prelude to this gloriously deserved Friday. Ahh, let the joy begin!

:gogo:

gogo

That is actually a quote from Finding Nemo, and one of my High school groups favourite quotes...

whenever something is happening for one of us, and we have been looking forward to it we will be all "Morning. It's morning, everyone! Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean, and we are gonna get out of...

[gasps] The tank is clean.

The tank is clean!

:3lmao:

Delta!

Ahhh! I loved that part of the movie. James Woods' fish face was perfect! :lol:

We're having a wild warm last two days here, almost sticky getting out of an apartment on Friday. this is probably the last mini hot respite of the year, grab those last patio drinks while ye can!

lol, soak up the sun as well eh gogo? :P It is hot here in SA summer didn't exactly sneak up on us, it surprised us all! a low of 10 C and a high of 27 C predicted...

Delta!

Hey Theuns

it's still kind of humid here today. Just a wet spot on the forehead kinda thing when you go out that just...drips :blink:

We actually have a holiday today, soooo... it's supposed to be a laundry, cook and clean day...

oooh, wait, new episode of Weeds!

:oooo:

gogo

Weather has been pretty nice after Irene....decent weather for tower work. And it looks like round 2 is coming. But Lord and family look to get another soaking from the remnants of Lee. Last thing that area needs right now. The flooding has been brutal in northern New England :(

Round 2 for me will be Hurricane Katia. Looks like it will pass to the east of Cape Cod but more than likely my yard will get another dose of saltwater from the storm surge :( Will probably have to remove all the grass and first couple inches of sod. The grass I have now is supposed to be salt resistant, but only to sea spray and not being submerged by it. All told though my area was not hit hard at all. Feel bad for all the folks dealing with the flooding in Vermont and New Hampshire

Doing a car race with my Unimog against a Ferrari and winning by hours. Well the local secondary road was flooded after a rainstorm with a mix of water, clay and earth. And cars who had two low spoilers couldn't drive before the streets were cleaned.

Sp the 29 Celcius at Saturday were followed by very heavy rain and thunderstorms on sunday afternoon.

Sorry to hear about that rain, Chattius, rain on weekends is never fun for me. This weekend was autumn's first breezy forray into montreal, I had to actually bundle up with some autumn sweaters but didn't mind too much.

No leaves have fallen yet, green still lives here.

:)

gogo