What's the weather like over there?

Lucky you. Around +3C here today, and looots of rain. Well, at least that'll make the snow go away. And gives perfectly good reason to camp in front of my comp and raise my little elven mage in Amalur. ^^

Yesterday was boiling hot, and today is cooler, overcast but no rain yet... the restaurant was quiet for lunch(only 68pax) because guests couldn't sit on the patio.

Delta!

Think it's gonna be a long summer for me....already forecast for 90°F (32°C) here on Monday. I mean that's mid-summer type heat! That and we've had no real precipitation for awhile and have gone into a 'moderate to severe' drought condition in the area. Spring is when we get most of the annual rain til we hit Autumn so looks like we're going to be having some forest fires for several months

Nightfrost, cloudy and cold winds. While my wife and our 2 oldests are in frankfurt to shop some extra long clothes and shoes, our third suddenly said that she totally forgot the birthday party of a classmate. Couldn't drive to buy anything because I was awaiting a delivery. So I carved a Hui-maschine for the boy and explained the trick to my daughter. Wonder if the son of millioinaires knows how to play with this old type of toys.

It is getting cold very fast in the Western Cape of South Africa. The evenings are turning into an ice torture(especially sleeping alone), the days are still warm, just a nice temperature. And the bookings at the restaurant has taken a dip... into almost deadness

Nightfrost, cloudy and cold winds. While my wife and our 2 oldests are in frankfurt to shop some extra long clothes and shoes, our third suddenly said that she totally forgot the birthday party of a classmate. Couldn't drive to buy anything because I was awaiting a delivery. So I carved a Hui-maschine for the boy and explained the trick to my daughter. Wonder if the son of millioinaires knows how to play with this old type of toys.

That propeller design for toy is cool!

Sunshine and showers here.............and pretty cold too !

Time for a quick eat out at the local pub for cheeries ::gogo:

It is getting cold very fast in the Western Cape of South Africa. The evenings are turning into an ice torture(especially sleeping alone), the days are still warm, just a nice temperature. And the bookings at the restaurant has taken a dip... into almost deadness

That's scary news for a restaurant... does change from just warmer to cold impact this much?

A cold windy day here. Only about 40 degrees. Even a couple of snow flurries. Hard to believe that last month we had a string of 70+ degree days.

Zodiac, wonderful seeing you back... I'm gonna read again...dija just say snow? :blink:

*sigh*

About 0C and flurries. Forecast told to expect about 10cm more snow. And here I was hoping a sunny, warm spring week...

Say no to flurries! We just had a 24 degree day yesterday... lol it was ALMOST verging on hot...almost... shorts and t's be coming folks!

:dance:

gogo

I did a great walk around where I live, it's kinda mountainy, so it gets the blood going. The sky is sharp blue, kinda just chill enough for a morning jaunt, and sun is strong, with smiley peeps on the roads and sidewalk.

Good day!

:gogo:

gogo

We have snow! Last monday, it was around 28-29°C, and this Monday we got Snow. Such a crazy weather here. Oh and in some places in Quebec they received 12 inches of snow, in the middle of spring.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

The Sun is Shining, but it is cold in South Africa. 16 C today, with no wind... starting to brrrrrrrr.

Delta!

Around 7C here. Started quite sunny, now the clouds look like they'll give us heavy downpour any minute now... :(

Delta: That would be optimal for a stroll on t-shirt. :P At least in my books

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since I live on a small spit of land sticking out into the Atlantic we typically don't get major thunderstorms or tornadoes. Our bad weather is typically nor'easters (high winds and rain/snow). Most t-storms heading in our direction fizzle out once they move off the mainland. Except for yesterday. We had t-storms all day long and penny-size hail. Hail is very uncommon on the cape. Though just go a few miles inland and it happens at least 5-6 times a year.

Another thing that is very rare are tornadoes/water spouts. I can remember only one and it was an F0 or F1 (weakest type) oh about 40 years ago when I was just out of diapers :D Yesterday was the first time I have seen a water spout (except when I was in Florida or Cuba) I couldn't see it well thru the rain so I didn't even try to run and grab camera but another person was able to get a pic of it from the neighboring town. Again it's nothing like what they get in the plains (just ask masteff since he lives in tornado alley) but rare enough here for me to take notice.

funnelcloud.jpg

heh, everytime you write about Maine, I get all sighy^^ It's always been a place I just wanted to see and check out after seeing how it's such a part of the water and nature and sailing, and, of course, stephen king...

Sharp pic of that twister Robb

:)

gogo

Yesterday was all cold and rainy. Really couldn't believe it's almost July. Today seems to be a bit more on the sunny side.

But if forecasts'll be true, weekend'll be all rainy and cold. Around 15C.

Really, when I was sick, it was like 30C, now only 15.. Not fair, I say...

Actually I live in Massachusetts (just below Maine) I wouldn't mind living in Maine but not too far from civilization. I'm a horrible cook so I need restaurants close by :)

If I could look out my backdoor and see mountains, and the sea out the front door I'd be in heaven. Got the sea part here, but I think the highest point on the cape is around 300 feet.

Just when kids left to busstop for last school day: Sunny, 23 Celcius, no clouds at front door, looking other site: a black wall from heaven to earth. And a minute later: Hail in quail egg size, up to 2 inches high on ground (unimog with snow plow im summer, ohhh). Lower hill it was heavy rain, so village down suffered from hail barricading a water pipe below a road, rivelet climbed 2 metres in 20 minutes, ...

Picked up 16 kids waiting at school bus (which couldn't cross rivelet) on a trailer attached to the unimog... Drove do another stop where bus was waiting.. So all in all kids had 35 minutes school ... would have kept them at home if not for the yearly school success papers.

3 women playing golf were surprised by lighting 60 kilometres away and got killed...

Job meeting was cancelled because customer got in a traffic jam at autobahn. Jam was caused by sportcars with low spoilers... aquaplaning. So no work, but just returned from helping people to pump water out of cellars...